Possible suspension? Some WR's maybe not ready?

I agree with you...

Put it into another context...what if Bray tweeted out "Man, we got a high maintenance freshman linebacker this year"

Most people would think that was totally uncalled for.

What if you talked to your students about how the 22 year old girl you picked up on O Street wasn't good in bed?

Bray didn't tweet that out, because Bray would never tweet that out, because that is how tact and context work. Everyone thinks and says things in certain places that they don't in others.

2nd article today from the same guy. This time talking about the night and day difference between OSU and Nebraska. No real "news" in it. Some tidbits:

"I love Oregon State; loved my time there," said Bray, an all-Pac-10 linebacker at OSU who coached linebackers for the Beavers from 2012-14. "But everything is on a bigger scale here. The facilities, the fan base, the stadium -- everything, along with your ability to recruit and reach into places you couldn't reach at Oregon State. That part has been fun and interesting."

------------------------

But Bray believes that the Nebraska job "has re-energized Coach Riley. Whenever you stay somewhere 14 years, you get comfortable. Being here has lit that spark again. It's been fun to be around and see that from him."

Read has noticed another thing about his boss.

"Mike has tried to become knowledgeable on everything about Nebraska," Read says. "He dove in head first to learn all about the tradition and history and to connect with the alumni. It's important to him that this staff is perceived well in the public and alumni's eye, and that people are glad to have us here and that we're open to what they have going on."

-----------------------

Riley's offense will maintain its pro-style base but will be more multi-dimensional to take advantage of the running talents of Armstrong, who ran Pellini's spread offense.

"We'll run a lot of the concepts we ran at Oregon State, but will look a lot like (spread) teams, with more shotgun, some zone reads with the quarterback," Riley says. "You have to coach to the skill set of your team, particularly at quarterback.

"I like this team. Talent-wise, we'll be competitive with anybody. I like the players."

• Fire 2

In May Riley said "we'd like Jonathan Rose to be one of our starting cornerbacks but that is going to depend on some things" he also went on to mention Rose was in some academic trouble and had to pull his grades up this summer. You have to think he may suffer an academic suspension for the first game if that was the case.

I'm seeing some smoke around J Rose being the "starter" who is out for game 1.

Also seems odd that Rose-Ivey would be out Game 1 after Huskers.com just ran an article yesterday titled "Rose-Ivey Emerging as Defensive Leader".

It was a stupid idea. It doesn't matter that we don't know who the "high maintenance" freshman is. Now the players know how the coaches talk about them.

Praise in public. Punish (chastise) in private.

Not a great idea to talk about players in a negative light outside of the coaches and staff. If I am a kid reading this on the team and I think I might be one of those being subtly mentioned, I am ticked.

I didn't listen to the podcast, just like I didn't listen to Bo's rants.... Bo said F the fans and everyone went wild. Now the staff is talking about some guys currently on the team. Maybe guys who although "not good" are giving it 100% of their time and effort. Now the DB's are all wondering who is the staff talking about.

Just my .02

I did listen to the podcast, it doesn't change what was published. Now we have Riley apologizing for the way the suspensions were released, players tweeting about adding fuel to the fire. People seem to be a lot more forgiving with Riley. I really hope the players are.

quick.. go buy the www.firemikeriley.com web page name.

I never said he needed to be fired. But hey, that's a great idea. Spot me the money and I promise to pay you back.

He wasn't being a cry baby about the staff. He was responding to another tweet from a fan comparing him to the stock market. This is a non-issue.

You mean that tweet got posted here out of content to troll in this thread?

Woa, settle the F down. All I did was posted his tweet. Didn't see that he was responding to another tweeter, my bad!!!!

• Fire 1

He wasn't being a cry baby about the staff. He was responding to another tweet from a fan comparing him to the stock market. This is a non-issue.

You mean that tweet got posted here out of content to troll in this thread?

Woa, settle the F down. All I did was posted his tweet. Didn't see that he was responding to another tweeter, my bad!!!!

I wasn't overreacting to his tweet, just putting here for everyone to see. Sorry to start a fuss about it. I didn't even comment.

Can you be banned for doing something like that? If not, you should be. If I was a moderator I would seriously consider it.

I'm a fan of Benning but he's really reaching here. First of all, he's making his own assumptions - that it was three hours (or however long) into a meeting and that they didn't know he was there. I find it pretty hard to believe that they didn't know he was there. It's not like there were 100 people in the room. Probably 10-15 depending on support staff.

It was a mistake. Riley said so himself. There's no way they were wanting this news to get out from a reporter in Oregon unless they are totally clueless which isn't the case. They either didn't set enough ground rules or shouldn't have been discussing things they didn't want released yet. It's not the end of the world.

The only reason to continue to argue against it being a mistake is to try to insist that they are incapable of making a mistake.

• Fire 1

I agree with you...

Put it into another context...what if Bray tweeted out "Man, we got a high maintenance freshman linebacker this year"

Most people would think that was totally uncalled for.

What if you talked to your students about how the 22 year old girl you picked up on O Street wasn't good in bed?

Bray didn't tweet that out, because Bray would never tweet that out, because that is how tact and context work. Everyone thinks and says things in certain places that they don't in others.

I would be the one that was bad in bed...but in reality Bray did tweet that out. I mean...think how many people have read what he said, same as a tweet.

I don't care, it doesn't bother me.

I'm a fan of Benning but he's really reaching here. First of all, he's making his own assumptions - that it was three hours (or however long) into a meeting and that they didn't know he was there. I find it pretty hard to believe that they didn't know he was there. It's not like there were 100 people in the room. Probably 10-15 depending on support staff.

It was a mistake. Riley said so himself. There's no way they were wanting this news to get out from a reporter in Oregon unless they are totally clueless which isn't the case. They either didn't set enough ground rules or shouldn't have been discussing things they didn't want released yet. It's not the end of the world.

The only reason to continue to argue against it being a mistake is to try to insist that they are incapable of making a mistake.

Besides the fact that (IIRC) the article explicitly said it was a one hour meeting. But, hey.

• Fire 1

Man this is still going on. You guys need to go back and listen to the USC podcast of this guy from yesterday. Listening to him talk about the meeting gives you a completely different impression than what was written down. The LB being high maintenance and possibly transferring is discussed as being a long shot. I think things are getting blown way out of proportion.

• Fire 1