DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

This is obviously a big blow with DPE being the game changer that he is, but if there's any position we could afford an injury to a top guy, it was probably WR.

I disagree. While, there is a lot of young talent there, it is VERY unproven. Now, the only guys with a lot of experience are Westerkamp and Reilly. Everyone else is a frosh or a guy who hasn't contributed much in their careers.

Reilly doesn't have great hands though. I feel like he drops a ton of footballs.

Pound the effin rock

Won't be easy when the defense will have 10 guys within 7 yards of the LOS.

As True pointed out, foot injuries scare the crap out of me. I honestly wouldn't count DPE back before the 8 week mark, and even then I don't think he will be all that effective this year. Pretty much a lost season for DPE.

I'm not ready to write him off just yet. It could end up being a season/career changer but, until that is actually the case, I'm going to hold out hope for the best. Broken bones take 6 to 8 weeks to heal....fact of science. The foot can be tricky but it could also heal up and be just fine. My son broke his tibia in ice hockey (right at the top of his boot) and he was back playing in 7 weeks, actually skating in only 5-6 weeks. A little different deal but just saying.

As True pointed out, foot injuries scare the crap out of me. I honestly wouldn't count DPE back before the 8 week mark, and even then I don't think he will be all that effective this year. Pretty much a lost season for DPE.

I'm not ready to write him off just yet. It could end up being a season/career changer but, until that is actually the case, I'm going to hold out hope for the best. Broken bones take 6 to 8 weeks to heal....fact of science. The foot can be tricky but it could also heal up and be just fine. My son broke his tibia in ice hockey (right at the top of his boot) and he was back playing in 7 weeks, actually skating in only 5-6 weeks. A little different deal but just saying.

I agree that broken bones just need the time to heal, but to me, a broken bone in the foot is a lot different than a broken ankle. The bones in the feet are so small and multiple and who knows if they will heal correctly.

could be something worse...like a toe.

Wasn't it a foot injury that never healed properly that basically made Taylor Martinez half as fast as he was prior to the injury?

Yes, but it was turf toe for Martinez. Turf toe seems to linger more than most broken bones. Then again, we don't know what bone DPE broke or whether it's likely to fully heal again.

This is obviously a big blow with DPE being the game changer that he is, but if there's any position we could afford an injury to a top guy, it was probably WR.

I disagree. While, there is a lot of young talent there, it is VERY unproven. Now, the only guys with a lot of experience are Westerkamp and Reilly. Everyone else is a frosh or a guy who hasn't contributed much in their careers.

Reilly doesn't have great hands though. I feel like he drops a ton of footballs.

Pound the effin rock

Gatech can do it. Just gotta get creative

• Fire 1

Pound the effin rock

Gatech can do it. Just gotta get creative

GaTech has the most creative run game in the nation. Not quite the same under Riley.