DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

Good thing life goes on, huh?

No, it doesn't.

That's sad.

Obviously we will still field a team this year. But to undersell the impact a guy like DPE could make in a game is just silly. We score less points this season with him on the shelf. That's a fact.

Oh, that's what you thought I was doing?

1620292.jpg

A “Jones fracture” is the same injury suffered by NBA star Kevin Durant. Durant, the 2013-14 NBA Most Valuable Player for the Oklahoma City Thunder, suffered a Jones fracture in his right foot in October 2014. After an initial surgery, he returned to the Thunder in December. He played just 27 games before getting another surgery in February 2015. Durant later got a final surgery — a bone graft — in early April. The recovery time on that injury is four to six months.

can't seem to edit my above post, but i want full disclosure - i love me some Westerkamp (a lot), just not in the return game.

Honestly, I think Westerkamp is one that the last staff's scheme did a huge disservice to. With very little to no blocking on the line at the point of the punt, the returners had absolutely no time to catch the ball without someone in their face, getting hit...etc. I think that is what hurt their confidence in doing the job.

It is possible he could be decent at the job in a different scheme if his confidence can be built back up.

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

Good thing life goes on, huh?

No, it doesn't.

That's sad.

Obviously we will still field a team this year. But to undersell the impact a guy like DPE could make in a game is just silly. We score less points this season with him on the shelf. That's a fact.

Oh, that's what you thought I was doing?

1620292.jpg

What exactly are you trying to do then?

can't seem to edit my above post, but i want full disclosure - i love me some Westerkamp (a lot), just not in the return game.

Honestly, I think Westerkamp is one that the last staff's scheme did a huge disservice to. With very little to no blocking on the line at the point of the punt, the returners had absolutely no time to catch the ball without someone in their face, getting hit...etc. I think that is what hurt their confidence in doing the job.

It is possible he could be decent at the job in a different scheme if his confidence can be built back up.

Yeah, it seems like they had Westerkamp in there to fair catch the ball in traffic. How many times did he catch the ball in a crowd of two or three guys. That's just giving up on any sort of return.

That cannot be disputed. We need ya back, De'Mornay! :lol:

Man these highlights are fun to watch. DPE just has a knack at picking a crease and accelerating to full speed North-South in about two steps. Best in the nation at it! :thumbs:

• Fire 1