DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

Well, the #golfcoach did only coach up the (arguably) best group of WR's in school history, so there's that. But I do like Williams. I expect bigger things out of the WR group this year.

I agree. And it's entirely possible that Williams is an upgrade, possibly a nice upgrade. It's a little tough to compare - we've seen a lot more of Williams because he puts a lot on Twitter. But that doesn't mean Fisher was terrible. Not by a long shot.

• Fire 4

Well, for starters, Fisher helped recruit Westerkamp and DPE along with Monte Harrison. He also helped on Terrell Newby, Chongo Kondolo and Chris Jones and helped get the ball rolling with Stanley Morgan. So that's probably four of our offensive starters this year.

He coached the WRs involved in the #9, 10, 13 and 20 most passing yards games in Husker history.

He coached the #3, 4 and 8 passing yard seasons in Husker history.

On the receiving side, he coached two of the #8 games in terms of receptions by a player in a game and the #5, 17 and 20 games in receiving yards by a player in a game.

The #T-6, T-9 and T-9 100 yard receiving games in a season, T-3, T-7 and T-11 100 yard receiving games in a career

The #4, #7 and #10 receiving yards in a season along with #7, 8, 9 and 10 seasons in receptions.

The #1 and T-5 TD receptions in a season and #3 and 5 TD receptions in a career.

The #3, T-4 and T-4 consecutive games with a reception.

In addition to all those records, our WRs were widely regarded for the effort and effectiveness of their blocking.

But, you know, #golfcoach.

Well, the #golfcoach did only coach up the (arguably) best group of WR's in school history, so there's that. But I do like Williams. I expect bigger things out of the WR group this year.

All true, no doubt. As for being a golf coach, if I was between coaching gigs and a scratch golfer I'd jump at the chance to coach and play golf every day. I mean, how great would that be anyway? :lol:

• Fire 2

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

Being told that by the coaches, reading it in the paper, hearing it on the radio, and watching them do it in the spring game isn't exactly the same thing as "getting the feeling they were going to" do that, but I get your point.

Knowing what we know about Rileys type of offense and also what type of player DPE is, we could have pretty much banked on it without any news reports.

Basically it came down to: "How often will we call it?"

I love me some Westerkamp and he's fine at PR but he's not that dynamic. I'd much rather see one of the younger guys get a shot.

Exactly. Who is elusive and speedy enough to substitute DPE? Pobably nobody, but who comes closest?

Are we talking about the same Westerkamps that fumbled kicks or punts a bunch just a couple of years ago?

Hopefully he has that dialed in.

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

Good thing life goes on, huh?