DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

can't seem to edit my above post, but i want full disclosure - i love me some Westerkamp (a lot), just not in the return game.

Honestly, I think Westerkamp is one that the last staff's scheme did a huge disservice to. With very little to no blocking on the line at the point of the punt, the returners had absolutely no time to catch the ball without someone in their face, getting hit...etc. I think that is what hurt their confidence in doing the job.

It is possible he could be decent at the job in a different scheme if his confidence can be built back up.

Yeah, it seems like they had Westerkamp in there to fair catch the ball in traffic. How many times did he catch the ball in a crowd of two or three guys. That's just giving up on any sort of return.

I think Westy will do just fine returning the ball and may even surprise some people. I'm more concerned about him getting hurt back there.

• Fire 1

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

Good thing life goes on, huh?

No, it doesn't.

That's sad.

Obviously we will still field a team this year. But to undersell the impact a guy like DPE could make in a game is just silly. We score less points this season with him on the shelf. That's a fact.

Oh, that's what you thought I was doing?

1620292.jpg

What exactly are you trying to do then?

Saying that life goes on. I'm still gunna wake up and go to school, or work....unchanged.

Ya, losing DPE sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

No, it doesn't.

That's sad.

Obviously we will still field a team this year. But to undersell the impact a guy like DPE could make in a game is just silly. We score less points this season with him on the shelf. That's a fact.

1620292.jpg

Saying that life goes on. I'm still gunna wake up and go to school, or work....unchanged.

509161_600.gif

No, it doesn't.

That's sad.

1620292.jpg

Well, no, the world isn't going to end. But this isn't a thread about the universe dying, it's about the effect of DPE being out with injury.

No, it doesn't.

That's sad.

1620292.jpg

Well, no, the world isn't going to end. But this isn't a thread about the universe dying, it's about the effect of DPE being out with injury.

I thought that was the effect of DPE being out with injury?

can't seem to edit my above post, but i want full disclosure - i love me some Westerkamp (a lot), just not in the return game.

Honestly, I think Westerkamp is one that the last staff's scheme did a huge disservice to. With very little to no blocking on the line at the point of the punt, the returners had absolutely no time to catch the ball without someone in their face, getting hit...etc. I think that is what hurt their confidence in doing the job.

It is possible he could be decent at the job in a different scheme if his confidence can be built back up.

Yeah, it seems like they had Westerkamp in there to fair catch the ball in traffic. How many times did he catch the ball in a crowd of two or three guys. That's just giving up on any sort of return.

I think Westy will do just fine returning the ball and may even surprise some people. I'm more concerned about him getting hurt back there.

I agree. I really hope we put a running back or defensive back at punt and kickoff returns. I would hate to loose another key Receiver.

Man everyone just needs to chill a little about this. Most likely he will be in a walking boot for about a month. They will take x -rays about once a week. If it is heeled after about 4-5 weeks then he will really start to rehab and hope fully he is back at the 7th or 8th week from now. If after 2-3 weeks in the boot it doesn't look good than they will adjust from their. If he can get back for 7 games plus a bowl game and maybe a CCG. That doesn't sound like too bad a season.

Yikes, that part about Durant is scary. I'd be extremely careful about bringing him back this season.

I agree. Might be best to red shirt him this year if a full recovery drags half way though the season or more. I'm glad the staff clarified the 6-8 week projection.

The idea of redshirting isn't far fetched, but let's see how he is recovering before we start telling Riley how to manage his roster. In articles discussing DPE's injury, these bones heal without any issue 75% of the time. Yes, that does leave 25% probability of issues. Also, OKC really screwed up the Durant situation. They rushed him back for no reason, and before he was completely healed. Then they didn't want to admit that they kind of botched the surgery.

Man everyone just needs to chill a little about this. Most likely he will be in a walking boot for about a month. They will take x -rays about once a week. If it is heeled after about 4-5 weeks then he will really start to rehab and hope fully he is back at the 7th or 8th week from now. If after 2-3 weeks in the boot it doesn't look good than they will adjust from their. If he can get back for 7 games plus a bowl game and maybe a CCG. That doesn't sound like too bad a season.

ARE YOU A DOCTOR?

OBVIOUSLY NOT BECAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING KNOWS THAT FOOT FRACTURES REQUIRE THE PERSON TO BE IN AN IRON LUNG FOR 8-25 YEARS

• Fire 1

ARE YOU A DOCTOR?

OBVIOUSLY NOT BECAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING KNOWS THAT FOOT FRACTURES REQUIRE THE PERSON TO BE IN AN IRON LUNG FOR 8-25 YEARS

Pffffttt....yeah......MINIMUM 8-25 YEARS, often times much longer.

No, but I play one on TV. chuckleshuffle Seriously though to be back in 6-8 weeks that would mean he is out of the boot in no more than 4-5 weeks. Then it will be rehab for a couple of weeks and try and build up some stamina. IMO he has a decent chance of coming back, for the simple reason they didn't screw around with it. The operated and set the thing to healing. His biggest problem coming back, if it heals properly, will be his physical shape. He can ride a stationary bike and lift all the weights he wants, but his stamina will really take a hit.