BYU Preview

BIG ERN

I'm surprised the guy who threw the rabbit punch is still on the team. He should have been arrested.

Haha. Arrested? LOL. You all are a soft bunch.
Soft? How about an ear hole sucker punch to a guy facing the other way...that's what I consider soft, or cowardly, or being a pu$$. But hey maybe I'm just old fashion...or an actual man.
I don't disagree which is why I'm fine with the suspension. The expulsion talk is just dumb though. And in Nacua's defense I'm not sure he has all of his faculties after getting rocked. He got dropped!
Are they just talking one game for him? Not enough if so.

I have been mostly just a lurker on this board. I am pretty excited about the game this weekend. I think it will be a hard fought game where both teams have some serious questions in different areas. To me this game is a complete toss up. We could easily get run out of cornfields or squeak out a winner. I know there have been some major egos that have posted as BYU fans. We get real defensive quick. The only thing I want to clear up is the suspensions. Kai Nacua should be suspended for the game. He deserves it and I don't think we will see him Saturday. For those claiming it should be more and are upset about it? Really? Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this. Remember Kellen Huston? He got a 1 game suspension as well and he dropped a poor little fat Mizzou boy who was not involved in any fight. 1 game. So stop complaining about a suspension of a kid you will never even recall who he is after Saturday

What I am trying to say is for the most part you guys have been legitimately classy. We haven't represented all that well and for that I appologize. I think the trash talk started innocent on both sides and turned sour as gameday approaches. Best of luck to the huskers after Sat. I hope you go 11-1.

Just in case you guys forgot who Kellen Huston was

Was waiting for this, and I'm glad it was finally posted.

I good giv 2 craps whose suspended. On either side. NU just needs to line up Sat and kick their collective a$$es. End of discussion. I'd much rather get their best shot and an honest assessment instead of playing their subs and thinking we are ready for prime time.

Take every opponent seriously (unlike previous teams when no one studied film), play hard whistle to whistle, flush and forget and move onto the next game.

Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this.

No, they haven't. Although Nebraska probably came close last year against Miami.

Are you claiming that 1 player losing his cool is the same as a bench-clearing brawl? And, btw, Huston was suspended for the next game. See, we suspended everyone involved in our "brawl."

Ummm... I'm confused how is it different? If anything attacking a fan would be looked on as worse. Also Kai Nacua is getting suspended THE NEXT GAME, so i don't see your point there. We could go with the spring game if you really want to enforce the next game policy you seem to be worried about?

Since when has a spring game turned into a.........game?

I believe a spring game is a scrimmaged practice. If you need help seeing the difference in the two I'll draw you a picture using crayons

No, they haven't. Although Nebraska probably came close last year against Miami.

Are you claiming that 1 player losing his cool is the same as a bench-clearing brawl? And, btw, Huston was suspended for the next game. See, we suspended everyone involved in our "brawl."

Ummm... I'm confused how is it different? If anything attacking a fan would be looked on as worse. Also Kai Nacua is getting suspended THE NEXT GAME, so i don't see your point there. We could go with the spring game if you really want to enforce the next game policy you seem to be worried about?

I believe a spring game is a scrimmaged practice. If you need help seeing the difference in the two I'll draw you a picture using crayons

Thanks crayons arent needed. I responded to the comment

"And, btw, Huston was suspended for the next game."

We didn't play any games after the bowl. This is usually the case with college football if you are confused. Hence Nacua will be suspended the next game as well. We aren't delaying any suspensions so they can play Nebraska. You guys are making a huge deal out of things that don't even apply to your team? I would hope you guys would be confident enough that you feel you can beat us without suspensions.

I good giv 2 craps whose suspended. On either side. NU just needs to line up Sat and kick their collective a$$es. End of discussion. I'd much rather get their best shot and an honest assessment instead of playing their subs and thinking we are ready for prime time.

Take every opponent seriously (unlike previous teams when no one studied film), play hard whistle to whistle, flush and forget and move onto the next game.

This is how a fan of a powerhouse like Nebraska should act and not worry if a sophmore FS is playing against them like he is the second coming of Ed Reed or something.

Thanks crayons arent needed. I responded to the comment

"And, btw, Huston was suspended for the next game."

We didn't play any games after the bowl. This is usually the case with college football if you are confused. Hence Nacua will be suspended the next game as well. We aren't delaying any suspensions so they can play Nebraska. You guys are making a huge deal out of things that don't even apply to your team? I would hope you guys would be confident enough that you feel you can beat us without suspensions.

I'd rather no one be injured or suspended on either team, but that doesn't make what your team is doing any less shady. The next game after the bowl game is the 1st game of the next season. That's how time works. If suspensions aren't being delayed just so they can do them for a different game, okay (I don't think I've mentioned that in any of my posts). But that means hardly anyone is getting punished properly when there were clearly dozens of players involved.

Again, because it bears repeating:

For a similar brawl in 2006, Florida International suspended 18 players for the next game.

Miami, "Thug U," suspended 13 players.

Memphis suspended only six - four of them for one half only. Tell me that isn't a crock of crap.

Regarding Kellen Huston - he got suspended, and rightfully so. I'd have suspended him the rest of the season, but nobody asked me.

Nebraska suspended 100% of the guys involved in the Kellen Huston punch incident. BYU isn't about to suspend 100% of the guys involved in this riot, so let's jump off the moral high horse, BYU Fan.

• Fire 1

I'm surprised the guy who threw the rabbit punch is still on the team. He should have been arrested.

Soft? How about an ear hole sucker punch to a guy facing the other way...that's what I consider soft, or cowardly, or being a pu$$. But hey maybe I'm just old fashion...or an actual man.
I don't disagree which is why I'm fine with the suspension. The expulsion talk is just dumb though. And in Nacua's defense I'm not sure he has all of his faculties after getting rocked. He got dropped!

I have been mostly just a lurker on this board. I am pretty excited about the game this weekend. I think it will be a hard fought game where both teams have some serious questions in different areas. To me this game is a complete toss up. We could easily get run out of cornfields or squeak out a winner. I know there have been some major egos that have posted as BYU fans. We get real defensive quick. The only thing I want to clear up is the suspensions. Kai Nacua should be suspended for the game. He deserves it and I don't think we will see him Saturday. For those claiming it should be more and are upset about it? Really? Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this. Remember Kellen Huston? He got a 1 game suspension as well and he dropped a poor little fat Mizzou boy who was not involved in any fight. 1 game. So stop complaining about a suspension of a kid you will never even recall who he is after Saturday

What I am trying to say is for the most part you guys have been legitimately classy. We haven't represented all that well and for that I appologize. I think the trash talk started innocent on both sides and turned sour as gameday approaches. Best of luck to the huskers after Sat. I hope you go 11-1.

It's really been tough lately figuring out if you're an actual Husker fan or not. The Oregon part has been easy.....Nebraska not so much.

For a similar brawl in 2006, Florida International suspended 18 players for the next game.

Memphis suspended only six - four of them for one half only. Tell me that isn't a crock of crap.

Regarding Kellen Huston - he got suspended, and rightfully so. I'd have suspended him the rest of the season, but nobody asked me.

Nebraska suspended 100% of the guys involved in the Kellen Huston punch incident. BYU isn't about to suspend 100% of the guys involved in this riot, so let's jump off the moral high horse, BYU Fan.

You crack me up dude. You have about 50 posts now about BYU and how everyone on their team should be suspended. Give it up dude. I hope your football team isn't as concerned about who will play or won't Saturday as you are. LOL. It seriously makes me laugh that this eats at you so much that you have basically copied and pasted the same stupid arguments over and over. Give it up.

Like I said before, BYU will suspend those whom they think deserve it for a length of time they feel is appropriate. They've suspended critical players going into far more important games than this season opener in Lincoln.

It's really been tough lately figuring out if you're an actual Husker fan or not. The Oregon part has been easy.....Nebraska not so much.

Why? Because I try to take the clear bias out of things? Why would I donate to the board if I wasn't a Husker fan?

I said what I said because there have been comments leading our BYU fans to believe that this sort of thing has never happened at Nebraska. Which is wrong, that's all I was getting across.

It's becoming more and more clear on this board that if we don't spell things out so 100 percent, they get taken completely wrong. Leading to rear end injury.

I think the important thing to take away from all of this is that we won't really know the scope of what BYU has done, is doing or will do until this weekend's game is underway. Most people, outside of BYU that is, think BYU has done a poor job of handling this situation from a PR standpoint.

Furthermore, and this is not debatable, Nebraska is a more talented team than BYU. BYU certainly has some very talented players, and, they have a returning coach, which helps with consistency. But, as a group, Nebraska is a better team.

I think Nebraska should win by at least a touchdown, and that alone is reason enough to ignore the irrational BYU fans.

• Fire 2

Why? Because I try to take the clear bias out of things? Why would I donate to the board if I wasn't a Husker fan?

I said what I said because there have been comments leading our BYU fans to believe that this sort of thing has never happened at Nebraska. Which is wrong, that's all I was getting across.

It's becoming more and more clear on this board that if we don't spell things out so 100 percent, they get taken completely wrong. Leading to rear end injury.

No worries. Any college football fan worth his salt would remember that incident. I could have brought it up but it's entertaining watching dudes like knapp strain over beam in their own eye.

I've just been noticing that you've been a little down on Nebraska lately. Seem to be taking a little satisfaction whenever NU isn't portrayed in the best light. Picking us to lose the home opener to BYU......Everything okay?

You crack me up dude. You have about 50 posts now about BYU and how everyone on their team should be suspended. Give it up dude. I hope your football team isn't as concerned about who will play or won't Saturday as you are. LOL. It seriously makes me laugh that this eats at you so much that you have basically copied and pasted the same stupid arguments over and over. Give it up.

Like I said before, BYU will suspend those whom they think deserve it for a length of time they feel is appropriate. They've suspended critical players going into far more important games than this season opener in Lincoln.

Says the non Nebraska fan who comes over to a Nebraska forum and makes 44 posts.