NEW TUNNELWALK?!?!

My biggest gripe with the flag, is that it feels really forced. We only started doing it within the last few years, and with that and the smoke machines, it's starting to look like Texas. I'm just not a fan. :dunno

I agree. It has just never felt very "Nebraska" to me. Can't explain it and I'm not anti-flag/military/American etc. Just always has seemed forced and out of place. Wouldn't miss it.

• Fire 1

My biggest gripe with the flag, is that it feels really forced. We only started doing it within the last few years, and with that and the smoke machines, it's starting to look like Texas. I'm just not a fan. :dunno

I agree. It has just never felt very "Nebraska" to me. Can't explain it and I'm not anti-flag/military/American etc. Just always has seemed forced and out of place. Wouldn't miss it.

Someone's finally saying this! I always thought it was really dorky.

• Fire 1

Sirius is getting to the point where it is moving from out of style to a classic. I think most of you wanting a new song probably go to just about every home game. I can understand how it might get old for you, but I only make it back to 1-2 games a year and I still feel that electricity when I hear it come on. If we change it to a more modern song then we will have to keep updating it every few years, and then we are bound to have some pretty bad songs in there. Sticking with Sirius would piss off the fewest people.

Edit: I also think people are finally catching on to the rhythm after 20 years and starting to clap together. I can't handle another 20 years of people clapping out of sync.

Sirius is getting to the point where it is moving from out of style to a classic. I think most of you wanting a new song probably go to just about every home game. I can understand how it might get old for you, but I only make it back to 1-2 games a year and I still feel that electricity when I hear it come on. If we change it to a more modern song then we will have to keep updating it every few years, and then we are bound to have some pretty bad songs in there. Sticking with Sirius would piss off the fewest people.

Edit: I also think people are finally catching on to the rhythm after 20 years and starting to clap together. I can't handle another 20 years of people clapping out of sync.

The problem with Sirius, at least for me, isn't that it's old, it's that it doesn't have the right sonic feel. I want something that's going to make me jump and get energetically excited, not a slow, brooding, "feel like a badass" excited. That's why VA Tech's Enter Sandman is the best entrance in all sports imo.

As far as the clapping thing, it has nothing to do with rhythm. Sound doesn't travel fast enough for everyone to clap at the same time, because different parts of the stadium are hearing the song at different times, and then hearing other people clap at other times, and it turns into an echo chamber of people overcompensating.

Someone's finally saying this! I always thought it was really dorky.

+1