Well, Pelini haters...

Furthermore, there is no evidence to support Pelini wouldn't have had a losing season either.

True......well, unless statistics and his career record don't count as evidence.
They don't. What Pelini did in past years have zero bearing on what he would do the next year. If we could bank on that, Solich would have never gone 7-7.

That's... not true at all. But I don't think Pelini would've beaten BYU.

Furthermore, there is no evidence to support Pelini wouldn't have had a losing season either.

True......well, unless statistics and his career record don't count as evidence.
They don't. What Pelini did in past years have zero bearing on what he would do the next year. If we could bank on that, Solich would have never gone 7-7.

It is true for a coaching record. Which is what I am talking about.

No, it's not. Previous seasons' records are not independent from the current season. That's not to say it's a perfect predictor with 0 other variables involved.

Wait. I, thought that the narrative that the ABB crowd is was that Bo was a guaranteed PeLLLLini, even though 9 wins are built into our schedule and any idiot can luck their way into 9 wins at NU?

Damn, Bo really does live rent free in the minds of many,many supposed Husker fans.

But anyhoo, why are we taking about the YSU coach?

Wait. I, thought that the narrative that the ABB crowd is was that Bo was a guaranteed PeLLLLini, even though 9 wins are built into our schedule and any idiot can luck their way into 9 wins at NU?

Damn, Bo really does live rent free in the minds of many,many supposed Husker fans.

wasn't it a boliever who started this thread? if the boliever crowd doesn't want anyone to talk about him they should stop making threads about him.

wasn't it a boliever who started this thread? if the boliever crowd doesn't want anyone to talk about him they should stop making threads about him.

Almost all of the threads mention Bo in them. It's gonna be awhile before it stops from all sides.

Why do we talk about Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Frank Solich, or Bill Callahan?

Because they used to coach at Nebraska.

Bo Pelini isn't immune to conversations about him just like the rest of those guys. I don't see people up in arms crying when Bill Callahan and his sad streak here is brought up.

I think the thing is, the people who keep saying this "why are we talking about Bo" stuff, are the ones that liked him or hold some sort of loyalty to him. Which would be totally fine if you'd just come out and say that you were a big fan of his, but instead all half of you do is run around this board with this "Let it Bo" stupidity, and you bash on Coach Riley whom hasn't done a damn thing to deserve any of that either.

No, it's not. Previous seasons' records are not independent from the current season. That's not to say it's a perfect predictor with 0 other variables involved.

There is no possible way you can take a coaches record from the prior year and say that you KNOW how they will finish the following year. You can't do it.

Biggest difference we will see between Riley vs Bo is Riley can recruit. Bo couldn't recruit anyone and it was getting more evident the longer he was in there. Not to mention his childish rants on the sidelines. 9 wins is great if that's all you expect from your program. But at Nebraska we expect more.

Biggest difference we will see between Riley vs Bo is Riley can recruit. Bo couldn't recruit anyone and it was getting more evident the longer he was in there. Not to mention his childish rants on the sidelines. 9 wins is great if that's all you expect from your program. But at Nebraska we expect more.

There is nothing to support that Riley is recruiting better players than Bo at this point.