Well, Pelini haters...

We stink and so does Riley, why can't NU get a real coach? worry about one that wins and not weather he's the nicest coach on the planet... This was the second time we fired a 9-3 coach, we learned nothing from the Solich firing... if we're lucky, we win five games.. not to Riley, this is NOT Oregon State... no excuses about being under the shadow of Oregon. He didn't inherit an team without talent, BYU is NOT Alabama. today's performance was Callahan-esc..

Looking at the schedule 5-7 is a realistic possibility..

Glad all you Bo/Solich haters are happy, you have a very sweet coach, cant win the little games or the big games. FYI, he was fired from San Diego Charges, because he couldn't win... Still a very nice man...

So were you thinking all this when the Huskers had a 28-27 lead with a minute and change left in the game? And in FG range?

I'm curious to see how this game has no the psychy of the team. If they win, it could have spring-boarded their confidence to a couple more wins. Now it could cause a couple more losses.

We stink and so does Riley, why can't NU get a real coach? worry about one that wins and not weather he's the nicest coach on the planet... This was the second time we fired a 9-3 coach, we learned nothing from the Solich firing... if we're lucky, we win five games.. not to Riley, this is NOT Oregon State... no excuses about being under the shadow of Oregon. He didn't inherit an team without talent, BYU is NOT Alabama. today's performance was Callahan-esc..

Glad all you Bo/Solich haters are happy, you have a very sweet coach, cant win the little games or the big games. FYI, he was fired from San Diego Charges, because he couldn't win... Still a very nice man...

So were you thinking all this when the Huskers had a 28-27 lead with a minute and change left in the game? And in FG range?

I'm curious to see how this game has no the psychy of the team. If they win, it could have spring-boarded their confidence to a couple more wins. Now it could cause a couple more losses.

I was thinking the same thing on the last NU drive. What a great feeling for the players to go through a horrible 2nd quarter, come back and dominate the 2nd half and win the game with a TD drive.

Can we get a Mulligan

If we play the same defense, BYU scores 4 out of 5 times on that play.
Gerry was in position that receiver is 6dt 6 and there were 5 players standing there

I can't see the number, but a single player is behind the receiver, another is about two yards to his right, and there are 5 DBs in the back of the end zone. The ball is in the air nearly four seconds and hits the receiver in the stomach, chest area.; someone should have been in front of the receiver. That is the most pathetic hail mary defense I have ever seen.[/size]

I don't think the guys saw that receiver until it was too late. I think he came from the other side of the field.

I don't like the "prevent" in that situation either, but that's a tough spot to be in. There's nothing easy about defending that. Probably not something these guys have talked about a whole lot.

They should be alright. :dunno I agree though it might have bumped their confidence with tough matchups down the road. But I don't think their psyche will go south. I thought it was brittle last season from Wisconsin and Minnesota games.

Can we get a Mulligan

Gerry was in position that receiver is 6dt 6 and there were 5 players standing there
I can't see the number, but a single player is behind the receiver, another is about two yards to his right, and there are 5 DBs in the back of the end zone. The ball is in the air nearly four seconds and hits the receiver in the stomach, chest area.; someone should have been in front of the receiver. That is the most pathetic hail mary defense I have ever seen.[/size]

I don't think the guys saw that receiver until it was too late. I think he came from the other side of the field.

I don't like the "prevent" in that situation either, but that's a tough spot to be in. There's nothing easy about defending that. Probably not something these guys have talked about a whole lot.

But they are standing in the end zone. It took over 3 seconds for the ball to get to the end zone. Track the ball and make a play. It looked like they were playing ring around the rosie back there.

I was thinking the same thing on the last NU drive. What a great feeling for the players to go through a horrible 2nd quarter, come back and dominate the 2nd half and win the game with a TD drive.

Man that 2nd quarter was night and day compared to the 1st. It would have been a great feeling, and confidence booster like y'all mentioned.

Damn here we go again. There are only two camps. Those that love bo and those that hated bo AND wanted Mike Riley. I wanted Bo gone and and was not happy with the Riley hire. This game isn't changing my mind....

I liked Bo, but thought someone else might do better, if they made the right hire. It's obvious they didn't make the right hire.

The haters got what they deserved, an NCAA record bust, be careful what you wish for when you fire a 9 win coach. Present day Osborne wouldn't stand a chance against this instant gratification generation of fools.

TO's worst team was better than Bo's best, but TO would have had a tough time surving the consecutive bowl loss streak.

Late 80's people were calling for TO's head.

Just like they did with Bo, last year.

If social media existed back then, TO would have been gone.

Please, don't ever compare Bo being in the same league as Dr. Tom.

Didn't Saban lose to Louisiana-Monroe his first year at Alabama?

He also beat 2 ranked teams, including a 4 TD blowout.

Didn't Saban lose to Louisiana-Monroe his first year at Alabama?

Oh man, I can't wait for that first NC of many in a couple years!

I'm not saying history will repeat itself, just that good coaches can lose to inferior opponents. BYU is better than that UL-M team, I expect.

It hurts right now, but there are silver linings.

Pelini vs a mobile QB wouldn't looks pretty at all

First, they weren't running Hill and if they did he'd have gone out even earlier.

Second, there is this thing called a defensive coordinator. A real AD would have told Bo to ditch Els, move Paps to LB's/ST's and brought in a top-notch DC. No Eichorst that isn't micromanaging, that's doing your damn job. Make that one move and we go from 9-3 with blowouts to 10-2 and competitive. Ditch Cotton, give the TE's to Fisher and the GA, then bring in a qb-coach we are looking even better.

Reality is that a couple staffing upgrades would have made a drastic difference in the on-field product. Instead we spent a ton of money on wholesale change so we can bring in another guy and watch him give us more buddy-hires. Granted they are certainly more experienced buddy hires than Bo's but we still have an issue.

Can we get a Mulligan

But they are standing in the end zone. It took over 3 seconds for the ball to get to the end zone. Track the ball and make a play. It looked like they were playing ring around the rosie back there.