Well, Pelini haters...

IF the defense does not improve this year

MR MUST fire his friend Banker.

Callahan did not, Pelini did not hire a good DC when his bro left

Loyalty is to be admired, but results must be the true measure.

Not sure if sarcasm or.....?

Improve from what? Isn't this season pretty much to establish a baseline to measure improvement in the future?

If ragenose had recruited any oline in the last seven years we would have won this game by at least two touchdowns.

Don't blame ragenose for this. If I remember correctly, he won all of his opening day games with his own players here at Nebraska.

Yea because beating Florida Atlantic twice, Western Michigan, Western Kentucky, Chattanooga, Southern Miss, and Wyoming are the same as playing BYU to open the season.

And we barely beat Wyoming.Also we were one play away from losing to Mcneese St.

Think this is more of an indictment of just how far this program has slipped into being sub-par. Sad part is Riley isn't going to be the next Osborne. He is the opposite of Bo, nice guy, funny, at ease with media. I just think that all that time in Corvallis made him at ease with losing and being mediocre.

Think this is more of an indictment of just how far this program has slipped into being sub-par. Sad part is Riley isn't going to be the next Osborne. He is the opposite of Bo, nice guy, funny, at ease with media. I just think that all that time in Corvallis made him at ease with losing and being mediocre.

What in the heck do you have to base this on?

We lost our 1st game. Haven't you heard? There's no reason to have a full season.

• Fire 2

I have watched Riley for several years (since his time in San Diego), he was exalted as the next great Chargers Coach, the same things said about him today (the preseason) are the same ones said back then. he left the Chargers (fired I believe or just quit as I don't remember which) after three seasons and losing record but the fans were more than ready to run him out of town. in his three seasons (1999 - 2001) there his record was 8-8; 1-15; and 5-11. About the same as his career at OR St. So, what makes you think he is going to take NU to a conference championship win? He does win the nicest coach award. maybe he makes me and his own history a liar, I am ok with that as I want NU to win!!

Just for the argument, SD had tons more resources then OR St, and still he never had a winning record. I have seen (and so have you) really good coaches win consistently at smaller/less funded programs.

We lost our 1st game. Haven't you heard? There's no reason to have a full season.

I told my special lady friend how the game ended and she said "welp, there's always next season".

I told my special lady friend how the game ended and she said "welp, there's always next season".

Your mom?

• Fire 6

You got what you wanted. This is going to be a long season. And a long next several years until Riley is run out of town like Callahan. Grats guys... :angry:

Pelini's ability to beat Arkansas St and teams like that in home openers is in no way indicative that he would beat BYU.

Furthermore, there is no evidence to support Pelini wouldn't have had a losing season either.

Is this thread for real? I can't believe that after everything Bo said and did following his firing that anyone would still support him. Will be a long season? Possibly. Was Riley the wrong hire? Perhaps. But I know one thing for certain: Bo was NOT the right guy for the job.

• Fire 6

Your mom?

Jill

I have watched Riley for several years (since his time in San Diego), he was exalted as the next great Chargers Coach, the same things said about him today (the preseason) are the same ones said back then. he left the Chargers (fired I believe or just quit as I don't remember which) after three seasons and losing record but the fans were more than ready to run him out of town. in his three seasons (1999 - 2001) there his record was 8-8; 1-15; and 5-11. About the same as his career at OR St. So, what makes you think he is going to take NU to a conference championship win? He does win the nicest coach award. maybe he makes me and his own history a liar, I am ok with that as I want NU to win!!

Just for the argument, SD had tons more resources then OR St, and still he never had a winning record. I have seen (and so have you) really good coaches win consistently at smaller/less funded programs.

Agreed -- I believe that a really good coach can win no matter where he is. I think that you could put Urban Meyer at the University of Alaska-Anchorage and he'd coach the Nanooks into contention. I agree that Riley is a nice guy. But I'd rather have a really good coach than a nice guy.