Jordan Westerkamp

suh_fan93

I really think with having Williams coach him for two years westerkamp can have a very legitimate chance at being a high prospect in the NFL draft.

I agree as long as his speed is sufficient (dunno what he's got there).

Yeah, I'm more in the camp that thinks he is more in the 5th round-undrafted type of spot that turns into a valuable 3rd receiver for an NFL team. His measurables probably won't be elite, not a huge guy, not a fast guy. I love having him though!

• 1 year later...

Westy might be my favorite Huskers WR ever.

I have a short memory, granted. But those circus catches!

I think Westerkamp has the best hands ever of any Nebraska WR. I used to say Matt Davison had the best hands. But I think Westy is ever better when it comes to reeling in the ball. /jmho

Idk what happened this year, but Westy was neglected a great deal after the first game. He could have broke a lot of records this year me thinks...

What happened was Westy missed a few games due to injury. He has remained the primary target when playing, and continues to deliver clutch receptions. Won't walk away with all the records, but will always be a Husker favorite and highlight reel staple.

Idk what happened this year, but Westy was neglected a great deal after the first game. He could have broke a lot of records this year me thinks...

What happened was Westy missed a few games due to injury. He has remained the primary target when playing, and continues to deliver clutch receptions. Won't walk away with all the records, but will always be a Husker favorite and highlight reel staple.

Without looking at the numbers I think I disagree. The second or third game we literally had to run another play with him in just to get him a catch. Tommy or Langs ignored him on key plays early in the year. Along with excellent hands, the guy is also one of the best route runners out there. It's a shame he wasn't used more when healthy this year.

Well one of the nice things about being deep at receiver is that when the defense targets your go-to guy Westerkamp on third downs, you can get one of your other excellent receivers open.

Westerkamp missed two games completely and I seem to remember him having a couple in-game tweaks. Even then, he's second on the team in receptions (just one behind Stanley Morgan Jr., who played two more games), and first in yardage and TDs.

I don't think he was ignored or misused. Especially with the team running more this season, as everyone wanted.

If anyone has a beef it's Alonzo Moore and Cethan Carter, who looked primed for breakout seasons.