D(er) Trump(ino) Thread

Trump would be a disaster as president on a variety of levels. BRI, you nailed my practical issue with him and his candidacy- from what I've seen (and it's been quite a bit), his failure to clearly articulate any type of legitimate, specific plan is a huge issue. He spends so much time trying to get headlines by gloating about his poll numbers or taking shots at his opponents that he never seems to say anything. He complains or brags, but doesn't explain anything.

When he does try to get into issues, he speaks in broad sweeping statements (I.e., "We need to be strong on ________"). I can't vote for a guy who doesn't seem to have any actual plan. Unless he's purposely obscuring it to reveal specifics later, it ruins him from a practical sense for me.

Beyond that, personally, I could never vote for someone I deem to be of such absolutely terrible character for president.

Moiraine, it legitimately worries me if Trump were to win as well. Worst case scenario, he wins and appoints other political "outsiders" to fill his cabinet. Trump, surrounded by cronies for a cabinet, with a Republican congress, could set progressive movements and programs back noticeably or in some cases, shelve them completely. If Trump were to maintain his current demeanor, foreign relations would be a nightmare.

Trump would be a disaster as president on a variety of levels. BRI, you nailed my practical issue with him and his candidacy- from what I've seen (and it's been quite a bit), his failure to clearly articulate any type of legitimate, specific plan is a huge issue. He spends so much time trying to get headlines by gloating about his poll numbers or taking shots at his opponents that he never seems to say anything. He complains or brags, but doesn't explain anything.

When he does try to get into issues, he speaks in broad sweeping statements (I.e., "We need to be strong on ________"). I can't vote for a guy who doesn't seem to have any actual plan. Unless he's purposely obscuring it to reveal specifics later, it ruins him from a practical sense for me.

Beyond that, personally, I could never vote for someone I deem to be of such absolutely terrible character for president.

Moiraine, it legitimately worries me if Trump were to win as well. Worst case scenario, he wins and appoints other political "outsiders" to fill his cabinet. Trump, surrounded by cronies for a cabinet, with a Republican congress, could set progressive movements and programs back noticeably or in some cases, shelve them completely. If Trump were to maintain his current demeanor, foreign relations would be a nightmare.

His cabinet, you gotta problem with dis?

scarface-padrino-goodfellas-joker-simpso

So...let me give you a scenario.

I was recently on a business trip eating supper with several people I have worked with for a long time. We know each other very well.

We got to talking about our kids and sports.

I was talking about my daughter in track and cross country. I simply mentioned that a few of the girls on the team have gotten slower as their bodies have developed. Which, happens. It's simple biology.

Anyway, the one woman in the group just had a cow because I would even think about talking openly about women getting slower as they go through puberty.

This woman was just astonished that I was so non PC.

That's BS. Sorry, that has nothing to do with being polite or respectful, it's discussing a topic that is actually true.

I often times walk through the office, if I get a new shirt, many times a woman will say...."Hey, I love your new shirt....looks nice". Do you think I would even THINK about saying something like that to a woman in my office???? Absolutely friggen not. That has the potential to explode into something absolutely not intended and trouble for me.

THESE are the situations that just frustrate the hell out of me in the entire PC world we live in now. When you can't simply have conversations because you constantly have to worry about offending someone.

Liberals use this type of stuff in politics all the time.

It has been constantly said that people who don't like Obama as a President must be racist...that's total BS. I just don't like him as a President, it doesn't have anything to do with him being black. But, there have been lots of liberals trying to make all opposition to him a racist issue.

Sounds like that woman was just out to get you man. You're 100% right... It's just straight up biological development differences in body composition that leads to women developing bodies that cannot typically physically outperform a man.

What makes me upset is when people use the guise of "being PC" to hide behind a nonsensical argument or try to defeat a legitimate one. That's exactly what that woman was doing.

But not everyone does it. A good, judicious person would do it when it is actually legitimate. For example, Trump's comment about Kelly "bleeding out her... whatever" is not PC because it is openly sexist. It's overtly obvious what he meant, and any person that would say such a thing (and mean it) comes off as sexist and immature, rightfully so. Much less a politician that would do so.

Essentially, I think there's a lot of gray area when you talk about "PC," gray area between legitimate criticism and openly being sexist, racist, homophobic, bigoted, etc. It bothers the hell out of me when people exploit that gray area to stifle others saying legitimate things about controversial subjects, but I have no problem with people rightfully crying foul if someone has crossed the line.

Everyone's line is drawn in a different spot, which is another problem.

Lastly, there's truth to the notion that some people dislike Obama simply because he's a black man. Unfortunate, but true. But that's JUST the racists.

Other people like him for legitimate reasons, and that's fine. Painting with a broad brush is usually inaccurate.

I've always found the religious and political views of this board to be strange (obviously not everyone) but it's crazy that I'm one of the only ones in support of Trump.

The whole "he refuses to state his true viewpoint on any issues" line gets used every election period because you could literally say that about every candidate in every election. If people want the guy with the best and most clear plan, then Rand Paul should be winning.

IMO, Trump has stated more viewpoints than most of his competitors. He's come under fire for a lot of his views, but most of the time, he's absolutely right. I truly believe he's the only candidate who even has a chance of changing America for the better.

We need a president who knows how money works so our budget deficit can get under control, and we need someone who will make protecting our borders a main priority. Trump is that guy. If people disagree, that's fine, but to act like he doesn't bring a lot of the right things to the table is pretty ludicrous.

On the other hand, IMO anyone who thinks voting for Hillary Clinton is a decent idea needs to be slapped and banned from the polls.

I've always found the religious and political views of this board to be strange (obviously not everyone) but it's crazy that I'm one of the only ones in support of Trump.

The whole "he refuses to state his true viewpoint on any issues" line gets used every election period because you could literally say that about every candidate in every election. If people want the guy with the best and most clear plan, then Rand Paul should be winning.

IMO, Trump has stated more viewpoints than most of his competitors. He's come under fire for a lot of his views, but most of the time, he's absolutely right. I truly believe he's the only candidate who even has a chance of changing America for the better.

We need a president who knows how money works so our budget deficit can get under control, and we need someone who will make protecting our borders a main priority. Trump is that guy. If people disagree, that's fine, but to act like he doesn't bring a lot of the right things to the table is pretty ludicrous.

On the other hand, IMO anyone who thinks voting for Hillary Clinton is a decent idea needs to be slapped and banned from the polls.

Most everything about your post, and about Trump, is ludicrous and crazy. I don't like Clinton but she wouldn't do near as much damage as Trump would.

It's crazy to think that a sexist, racist, flip flopping, pretend Christian, pretend Pro-Lifer, arrogant conceited a-hole who could have made more money if he'd just put his original amount in mutual funds is going to do anything at all to "change America for the better."

What Trump has going for him is that anything written about him, no matter how factual, just washes over his fans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nationalizing-banks_us_55ef2d4de4b002d5c076e9df

https://web.archive.org/web/20100217214811/http://www.trumpuniversity.com/blog/post/2008/03/the-race-for-vicepresident.cfm

"I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president." -- Donald J. Trump

Most everything about your post, and about Trump, is ludicrous and crazy. I don't like Clinton but she wouldn't do near as much damage as Trump would.

It's crazy to think that a sexist, racist, flip flopping, pretend Christian, pretend Pro-Lifer, arrogant conceited a-hole who could have made more money if he'd just put his original $200 million in mutual funds is going to do anything at all to "change America for the better."

ddd0HBTakik00.gif

I'd also add Trump likely has undiagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Here's the criteria from the American Psychiatric Association's diagnostic manual, the DSM-5. You make the call:

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Politics rule #1: When you are winning...don't debate.

Hard Rock Rule #1: Insult a religion (so you can make more money when they protest your band)

Hot girl rule #1: Dress slutty and get offended when people notice you...also get offended when people don't notice you.

These are set in stone and will never change.

It's not that Trump doesn't articulate his viewpoints or plans - it's that he doesn't have a clue how. He doesn't know what the f#*k he's ever talking about outside of general fear-mongering and sensationalist remarks.

His speech at Liberty was painfully hilarious. Jerry told me this was like important. Two Corinthians. Right? Two Corinthians. That's the whole ballgame. Where God is there will be Liberty! Yeah. And liberty well here you have liberty college but ....liberty university but... it is so true! You know when you think and that's really.....is that the one you like cause I love it and it's so representative of what's taken place.

what?

It's not that Trump doesn't articulate his viewpoints or plans - it's that he doesn't have a clue how. He doesn't know what the f#*k he's ever talking about outside of general fear-mongering and sensationalist remarks.

His speech at Liberty was painfully hilarious. Jerry told me this was like important. Two Corinthians. Right? Two Corinthians. That's the whole ballgame. Where God is there will be Liberty! Yeah. And liberty well here you have liberty college but ....liberty university but... it is so true! You know when you think and that's really.....is that the one you like cause I love it and it's so representative of what's taken place.

what?

What in the hell is he talking about exactly, after the protesters leave? I don't understand the point he's trying to make. He's just blathering on.

"He's not wearing one of those hats, is he?" : I'm fairly sure Donald doesn't know the word "turban," so of course he opts for something more simplistic.

"He never will, he never will." : He literally IS, RIGHT NOW, Donald. What's more, turbans worn by thousands of Middle-Eastern and Eastern born Americans every day.

A federal court ruled they're fine in the military. Is he planning on implementing a turban ban.

"People all over the world are talking about it." : What?

"They say you're doing a great service." : ???

Furthermore, there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPkHW0mA8O4?t=720

"And the day we leave Iraq, it's gonna be... forget about it."

Wolf: "What would you do in the Middle East?" Donald: "The one thing I'd do... is take the oil." Complaints about past mistakes, says nothing of any substance, complains about Iraqi politicians, talks some history until... W: "How aggressive would you be?" D: "I don't want to tell you, we need to be unpredictable!"

This man has no. Effing. Clue. He tries to hide the fact he has no idea how to actually talk any legitimate military tactic under the guise of being unpredictable, and does so poorly.

I honestly think he was asking if he was wearing one of the "Make American Great Again" Trump hats they had at the event. Not sure why I want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but that makes what he says make more sense. "He never will." He did however mock someone with a disability so it's not like he's above doing something like this.

• Fire 1

I've never heard him give specifics on how to fix anything other than saying he's going to build a wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it. I've been following his facebook page for quite awhile now. I'm an undecided voter, he needs to start appealing to me by giving me a shred of what he plans on doing. Now, he may unveil all of that if/when he wins the republican nomination and that's my hope. That he has a plan and hasn't come out and said it yet because he's only waiting so he can unveil it once he gets the nomination. I claim no party, I've voted for both parties in the past. Obviously based on what I said earlier I'll not be voting Democrat if Sanders or Clinton gets the nomination, which is likely. So I'll be paying close attention to what happens with the race. His tactics with his campaign are very obvious and very simple. People are afraid, they don't know what's going on, so he uses that to his advantage and it's working so far.

I've never heard him give specifics on how to fix anything other than saying he's going to build a wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it. I've been following his facebook page for quite awhile now. I'm an undecided voter, he needs to start appealing to me by giving me a shred of what he plans on doing. Now, he may unveil all of that if/when he wins the republican nomination and that's my hope. That he has a plan and hasn't come out and said it yet because he's only waiting so he can unveil it once he gets the nomination. I claim no party, I've voted for both parties in the past. Obviously based on what I said earlier I'll not be voting Democrat if Sanders or Clinton gets the nomination, which is likely. So I'll be paying close attention to what happens with the race. His tactics with his campaign are very obvious and very simple. People are afraid, they don't know what's going on, so he uses that to his advantage and it's working so far.

Believe it or not, I felt compelled earlier today to read through Trump's policy proposals on his website today. Someone linked to them on Reddit (I was arguing there that he never goes into detail) and I thought, what the hell, I'll go straight to the source.

He has five policy sections on his website:

1. U.S.-China Trade Reform
  2. VA Reform
  3. Tax Reform
  4. Second Amendment Rights
  5. Immigration Reform

I found that he wants to cut corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%, increases the taxes in the bracket which I would fall into (he wants to reduce from 7 brackets to 4), overhaul VA care by allowing vets to bring the ID card to "any doctor or care facility that accepts Medicare to get the care they need immediately" and is going to make Mexico to build a wall by withholding payments and increasing fees on law-abiding Mexicans crossing over into the United States.

So, as we can see, fear confirmed: Donald Trump is a moron, and has no clue.

I honestly think he was asking if he was wearing one of the "Make American Great Again" Trump hats they had at the event. Not sure why I want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but that makes what he says make more sense. "He never will." He did however mock someone with a disability so it's not like he's above doing something like this.

That one might have pissed me off more than anything else.