Miami opens as 4.5 point favorite.

Saunders

At this point of the year, I can see us being the underdog. On the road, 1-1 record, new coach, new system, big names gone from last year, etc.

And to be honest, I like it that way. We've been very poor at beating teams we weren't supposed to beat. This is a good opportunity for the Huskers to go on the road and beat a favored team

I have some concerns and would not be surprised if we lose, but I've got plenty of koolaid and see our D-backs making huge strides this week and our D-line finally getting the pressure we all thought they should be getting the first two games.

Would love to see a repeat of last year's smash mouth, school yard skirmish.....lots of hard hits, guts and no backing down. Put the canes in their place....again.

Now, off to the Game Crib to make my prediction.

Their home field advantage is almost non existent.

Miami has an all-time home record of 343-158-14 (.6796), including a 299-136-7 (.684) in games played at the Orange Bowl Stadium, the Hurricanes' home field since 1937.

Jussayin'.

They don't play at the Orange Bowl. It was demolished 7 years ago. They play in the Dolphins stadium.

Haha! So much for that!

Can't find anything about their record in the Dolphins Stadium.

Yeah, me either. They started playing there in 2008, and they've been average to awful since like 2005, so... I'm guessing it's not good.

Sounds about right. It should be a close game, with the more disciplined, mistake-free team emerging victorious.

On a positive note, Nebraska has never lost a game I've attended. I'll be there Saturday ;)

Huskers 23 - Canes 21

close. 32-31 (and Tom thinks to himself *&^%...just for 2 seconds) ;)

Line is now 4 or less. Personally I'd go NU for sure at +3.5 or better (actually I will be picking NU to win outright no homer).

WHAT!!?? This is an insult! Mighty Miami beats Bethune-Cookware and Carl Pelini's alma mater Atlantic Surfdudes and we're the dog in this game? Didn't we win last year? Are they saying our coach is a pansy who can't put a team on the field?We have to go down there, not pay any attention to the pretty half-naked girls, and put a serious beating on this pretender of a football program.Maybe our strategy of lulling them into a false sense of security by playing prevent defense the first two games will pay off when we bring the hammer down on their pathetic program?

I like the cut of your jib.

I sure hope we have a few blitz packages set aside for this game. I DO NOT want to see Kaaya get comfortable in the pocket.

What I really want to see though, would dearly love to see, is Janovich bust up the middle and take one in for a TD. That would really bring back some nightmares for Cane fans. chuckleshuffle

4.5 points is way too much. 1.5 or 2 I can see, but 4.5 (or more, I'm seeing some places at 5) is insane.

We lost a game, and didn't blow them out last year at home. We also lost 4 of our 5 best players. Not insane.

And Miami lost .....?

I guarantee Miami fans know we lost Abdullah, Gregory, and (maybe) Bell. I doubt many Husker fans know the names of the players Miami lost. Therefore, the same can probably be said for people betting on the game. Dunno why I'm posting this a 2nd time. I've already discussed it earlier in the topic.

I sure hope we have a few blitz packages set aside for this game. I DO NOT want to see Kaaya get comfortable in the pocket.

What I really want to see though, would dearly love to see, is Janovich bust up the middle and take one in for a TD. That would really bring back some nightmares for Cane fans. chuckleshuffle

Apparently Langsdorf likes Janovich and said he will get some carries. Miami would be a good game to start chuckleshuffle

Apparently Langsdorf likes Janovich and said he will get some carries. Miami would be a good game to start chuckleshuffle

Might as well let him wear #40 as well! :ahhhhhhhh

Nebraska just needs to run the ball on us. Our run D is pathetic

Brad Kaaya

Well done, and back-to-back posts as well.

I think both teams will score a lot. Whoever can hold the other under 40 will win. I predict 45-38 Huskers.

Having said that, I'm awful at predicting scores, so if you're the betting type, you should go with a score of about 10-7.

4.5 points is way too much. 1.5 or 2 I can see, but 4.5 (or more, I'm seeing some places at 5) is insane.

We lost a game, and didn't blow them out last year at home. We also lost 4 of our 5 best players. Not insane.

And Miami lost .....?

I guarantee Miami fans know we lost Abdullah, Gregory, and (maybe) Bell. I doubt many Husker fans know the names of the players Miami lost. Therefore, the same can probably be said for people betting on the game. Dunno why I'm posting this a 2nd time. I've already discussed it earlier in the topic.

Miami lost two first rounders in Dorsett and Ereck Flowers, Denzel Perryman a 2nd rounder, Duke Johnson Clive Wafford 3rd round, Jon Feliciano and Anthony Chickillo picked in the 4th and 6th rounds....looking back at last years game they lost their leading rusher and top 3 receiving leaders against us. I know we lost Abdullah, Gregory, and Bell but Miami lost a lot of NFL talent from last year

• Fire 1

And Miami lost .....?

Miami lost two first rounders in Dorsett and Ereck Flowers, Denzel Perryman a 2nd rounder, Duke Johnson Clive Wafford 3rd round, Jon Feliciano and Anthony Chickillo picked in the 4th and 6th rounds....looking back at last years game they lost their leading rusher and top 3 receiving leaders against us. I know we lost Abdullah, Gregory, and Bell but Miami lost a lot of NFL talent from last year

I just hope they lost all their receivers over 6'1"

GBR!!!