Are you suprised?

Highway6

I don't want to turn into Minnesota. The Golden Gophers were titans of college football in the 1930s & won a national championship as recently as 1960. They dropped off a cliff after that and have only recently become a contender in their own conference again.

I concur, and this was my original concern when you fire not one but two coaches who win over 70 percent of their games.

I don't want to turn into Minnesota. The Golden Gophers were titans of college football in the 1930s & won a national championship as recently as 1960. They dropped off a cliff after that and have only recently become a contender in their own conference again.

I concur, and this was my original concern when you fire not one but two coaches who win over 70 percent of their games.

Neither Solich nor Pelini were going to get us where we want to be. Callahan wasn't an improvement over Solich (when you factor in Cosgrove), and it remains to be seen if Riley is an improvement over Pelini.

Nobody is beating down Frank's door to get him back to coaching a Power 5 school, though. It'll be interesting to see if anyone wants Pelini in years to come.

Neither Solich nor Pelini were going to get us where we want to be. Callahan wasn't an improvement over Solich (when you factor in Cosgrove), and it remains to be seen if Riley is an improvement over Pelini.

Nobody is beating down Frank's door to get him back to coaching a Power 5 school, though. It'll be interesting to see if anyone wants Pelini in years to come.

You could be right, but I would feel better about keeping coaches who had us on the threshold, as to coaches who have never been in the neighborhood.