I'm feeling good

Neuman1

after today's game, as a lifelong NU fan, I feel good. You should too being a member of this board. There are plenty of positive points to take out of this game.

First, look at who we lost to on these first few games. A BYU team that is clearly a solid, if not great team. Now a Miami team that should ( if Golden doesn't lose for them) contend for some big things.

This team is learning on the fly, as well as the coaches for that fact. One can't change over a short offseason in collage football. Patience will be needed. All the camps, practices, and coaching takes time to sink in. We are already in a better place by adjustments being made on both sides of the ball. Clearly both players and coaches are adjusting to each other. When they get on the same page, with lesser talent mind you, I see how high the ceiling can be.

Offensively, the line is relitively new to each other. I expect this to mesh in the next few games. If not, changes will be made I'm sure. Newby didn't look all that bad today in my opinion. A little hesitant yet for sure, I really think he is gonna find his groove here in the next game or two. Receivers, a question mark coming into the season, has really been a surprise. DPE is quite possibly the missing link to a position that has been solid but let TA down a bit today. TE is definitely lacking! Carter does some good things as an athlete , but is exactly that, an athlete.

Defense is easy. Just need more speed. This game reminded me of the early 90's games against the Florida teams. NU just lacks the speed to erase mistakes made on defense. The guys are in good position to make the plays, but just lack that extra gear to make the play when an elite skill guy turns on the jets. S&C could improve this, I'm not sure, hard to tell after 1 offseason.

NU is really missing its studs from last year, you don't know what you got till its gone. Hopefully this staff can replenish the cabinet and help coach the deficiencies this team has. All hope is not gone considering the heart and persistence this team has shown. Throw in the fact that I'm not even sure Ohio state has the speed Miami does, much less the big10, and I'm optimistic to see how this all plays out.

• Fire 5

I can't feel good about being 1-2. I want to be ranked. BYU and Miami are not top 10 teams. We should have one at least one of the games. The sad thing is we had 12 penalties in both games.

Well you're not ranked, and probably not going to be all year. Now what? I want sustained success. I don't want to be ranked after a 3-0 start and then get blown out and have no chance. I want to compete every game, like we are right now. Soon these losses turn to wins and lead to consistent sustainable success.

• Fire 4

Our only win is against a Sun Belt team and both our losses are to unranked teams. I don't feel good about that.

Our penalties are beyond frustrating.

Our determination to win seems to be good though so there's that. I guess if we consider entering conference play at 2-2 good, sure there is a lot to like. I'm just going to consider this year a reboot from here on out and start thinking about what we can do next season.

• Fire 1

Our only win is against a Sun Belt team and both our losses are to unranked teams. I don't feel good about that.

Our determination to win seems to be good though so there's that. I guess if we consider entering conference play at 2-2 good, sure there is a lot to like. I'm just going to consider this year a reboot from here on out and start thinking about what we can do next season.

I've had this year on re-boot. This team is band-aided together and will take time for all the pieces to fall in place. years prior, this would be one of those games that we got blown out of, the team did not give up and played with heart.

I can't feel good about being 1-2. I want to be ranked. BYU and Miami are not top 10 teams. We should have one at least one of the games. The sad thing is we had 12 penalties in both games.

Well, I want to win the lottery but sometimes that just doesn't happen. This season has just barely begun. Just relax and quit freaking out about the season already.

I've had this year on re-boot. This team is band-aided together and will take time for all the pieces to fall in place. years prior, this would be one of those games that we got blown out of, the team did not give up and played with heart.

No. This is a game we would have won years prior. Like last year. When we won.

I don't get this line of thinking. It's a bullsh#t straw man, and it's starting to get old.

• Fire 5

You make it sound like they are the Little Giants.

I don't get this line of thinking. It's a bullsh#t straw man, and it's starting to get old.

More or less of a straw man than this weird perspective where we somehow played this same game last year?

Did I say Bo would have won this year? No. I said we would have won in years prior. Like last year. I'm just tired of all the excuses and blaming of a former coach.

Who knows what Bo would have done this year. But quit saying we know he would have lost. That's all I'm saying.

• Fire 2

More or less of a straw man than this weird perspective where we somehow played this same game last year?

Did I say Bo would have won this year? No. I said we would have won in years prior. Like last year. I'm just tired of all the excuses and blaming of a former coach.

Who knows what Bo would have done this year. But quit saying we know he would have lost. That's all I'm saying.

I didn't say that?

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. From what I can tell, you are saying that if Bo coached the game yesterday, but if he coached it a year ago, then he would have won it, but if he coached it this year then ????

If you want people to quit saying they know we would have lost this game under Bo then you should probably quit saying that you know we would have won it.

• Fire 2

I had a feeling we would be 2-2 going into conference play. This team is not good enough to just out-man teams with a pulse. They need a scheme instilled to maximize their talent, and that will take a while. Now I'm not happy that we have 2 losses already, but I figured it would be a real good possibility.

I'm in no mood for sunshine-pumping today.

The sad truth is that this year's team is looking an awful lot like last year's team, and 2013's team, and 2012's team. I was optimistic Riley and his staff had worked some kind of magic during the offseason, and a few players and groups are much better, but it's still the same old team making a lot of the same old mistakes. This team will likely be a runner-up or second runner-up in the West division. Again. They'll probably finish with four or more losses. Again.

• Fire 1