Huskerboard Offensive Playbook

Just for fun, every poster gets to add one offensive play. Pass or run or run/pass option, doesn't matter.

Bonus points for including a picture of the Xs and Os, double bonus points for including a gif of the play.

The play format should look like this:

Formation

Pre-snap motion

Play.

As an example:

Ace Wing Trips right.

H-Back motion right to left

Power O left.

Let's see what we can come up with!

• Fire 1

Two variations of fullback trap

FBTrapPlay.jpg

Nice! The most wonderful thing about the fullback trap is that it works so well when you're running HB dive, Power O, Counter Trey, Jet sweep, and option pitch.

If you're running to the outside a lot and the LBs cheat a bit, you can call a FB trap and get anywhere from 5 to 20 yards. Its one of the core running plays to ANY system with either a full back or an H-back. It can be schemed for, even out of the pistol wing or shotgun wing, as long as you have a FB or H-back.

Two receivers lined up to the left, one to the right. There's a flanker lined up to the left behind the quarterback.

He gives the ball . . . no, he doesn't get the ball. The receiver goes all the way over there to the left.

Once the quarterback has the ball, he fakes to the left.

No. He fakes to the right.

He doesn't fake. He thinks about faking. He pretends to fake.

I don't know where I am.

I can't breathe.

This room is getting smaller.

I have to sit down.

• Fire 2

My favorite play of all time was the option that NU ran at the end of the 1984 Orange Bowl.

It was truly a pass-run option with 3 options for Gill. First he reverse pivots and looks for Fryar on the slant. That is covered so Gill starts down the right side of the line on the run. When he is met by the defense he slips an option pitch to a streaking Jeff Smith on the outside. Smith takes it the rest of the way for the TD.

It was an amazing play call and execution on 4th and 8 at the end of the game.