Coaches lost this game

At no point did I have any confidence that we were going to stop Illinois on that last drive. No confidence that anyone was going to step up and make a play, no confidence that Banker was going to make a timely adjustment and create a turnover. That's where we're at now--where giving the other team a chance for a final drive feels like a loss before they even break the first huddle.

• Fire 3

you have the ball with a minute to go and you TRY to throw the ball...not once, but twice....your QB hasn't thrown the ball all day accurately but you TRY it twice anyway. Everybody that has ever played, watched or read about football knows you run it and run the clock down. you then punt with less than 40 seconds left. they have to go a minimum of 80 yds to win. They have no timeouts and have not been good on offense either.

This coach was a nobody with a .500 winning average in a Pac 12 league. His teams were known to be undisciplined on the field and give away penalties. Why the hell did we hire him. He wants to throw the ball like the Pac 12...didnt we go through this once with BC??? NU is a running team!!!!!!!!!!! Nebraska is a running state!!!!!!!! stop screwing around with what we have been and what we are!!!!

This group is not capable of coaching on this level. they proved that at oregon state. I do not want to hear about when TO started and complaints were heard. Times are different. Recruiting is different.

I am sure it is economically not possible to make a change but the AD or whomever should be fired for this hire!

While I am just as pissed at losing this game as everyone else is. He didn't call a pass play on third... his reaction to the play was like wtf was that... the Ozigbo had the same like... he was not expecting a pass... Tommy freelanced...that's not my issue... the issue is why the f#*k do you call that play... stuff it up the gut with Jano... kick a FG ... make or miss.. there is 10 seconds left in the game... NU wins...but once you put your QB on the edge he is going to try to make a play... and made a colossally stupid one. Don't put your team in the position... ensure the clock runs down... and if you insist on running that play... you bring tommy over and say... look son.... DO NOT THROW THE BALL!!!

At no point did I have any confidence that we were going to stop Illinois on that last drive. No confidence that anyone was going to step up and make a play, no confidence that Banker was going to make a timely adjustment and create a turnover. That's where we're at now--where giving the other team a chance for a final drive feels like a loss before they even break the first huddle.

What he said! We all knew we had lost at the :55 second mark and that is just sad.

All I can say is, this season is lost. Tried hard to get behind this staff, but looks like Riley is a .500 coach. The facilities aren't going to help him get better players, with what he is showing on the field.

Time to start looking for a new coach in a couple of years. Neb can't afford to fire him for awhile.

GBR!!!

Here's another thought: what if it wasn't a called pass?

Then why was Ozigbo looking for the ball and not blocking?

We did not ask him to complete a pass... that was a run play all the way... TA should have ate the ball... Nothing in the reaction of coaches and players and the way the play was setup said... 'pass' that was a QB run all the freaking way... not sure what the f#*k Tommy was thinking.Ozigbo f'd up... he was a lead blocker and when Tommy saw he didn't block anyone... he improvised. Not a great call in the first place but that one is all on TA and Ozigbo for horrible execution.... Riley confirmed as much in the post game.

I am sure TA will confirm it also... That was not a pass play... the blocking and action had no indication of pass. it was a QB run all the way.

Still Riley.... RUN JANO!!!!!

Great, so that 3rd down play call wasn't on Langsdorf. How about this - line up in I-formation, turn around, hand it off. Stop with the cute BS.

Even more, why in the hell did we keep putting Tommy in the position to throw the ball around, ESPECIALLY downfield, in a downpour and windy conditions? You throw underneath in those conditions. If you cannot do that, you take what you get on the ground. It's not hard, and I don't know why Langsdorf insisted on making it that hard. The entirety of this game Langsdorf continuously thought up some of the worst possible decisions in situations, and decided that would be his decision.

It's just mind-boggling, and infuriating.