Everything has been said

The key is, as a fan base we are not helping the kids. They read this stuff. No big deal when a couple are harping on it, but when every post on the board is about something negative it has to affect them.

My seats at the stadium will be full, I will be setting in front of the big screen all day, watching Nebraska and every other game I can see. Looking forward to Saturday.

Go Big RED!!!!

The key is, as a fan base we are not helping the kids. They read this stuff. No big deal when a couple are harping on it, but when every post on the board is about something negative it has to affect them.

My seats at the stadium will be full, I will be setting in front of the big screen all day, watching Nebraska and every other game I can see. Looking forward to Saturday.

Go Big RED!!!!

I know how you feel. I get sick of the forum being monopolized by those same couple dozen people and thier alt accounts doing nothing but taking jabs at the new staff. But it is just a small number of posters. That's the point. I have about 20 people on my ignore list now, and could add another 10 accounts opened in the last couple days.

Nothing shuts down the negativity like winning, so hopefully we'll beat Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday as well.

Truly guys, the game is over, two days ago.

Lets talk about Wisconsin, put this behind us.

Board is nothing but negative after negative.

We have a lot more games left, lets play those as they come and see what happens

Heard today that Tennessee was three plays away from being 5-0. So are we, look for some positives.

As Tommy said, he completed the pass no one would have said a word. Quite a young man there, but just look at him. He is hurting, and what the fan base is doing is not helping.

Well that's that, if we just ignore the incompetence it'll go away, even though 15 or so years of his head coaching experience tell us differently.

We are also lucky that the staff didn't blow the So. Miss game.

Tommy was wrong about that, we'd still talk about it, maybe to not this extent, but it would be a very valid point of discussion.

Maybe you're right, let's just not give a damn anymore. Apathy by the fan base is slowly setting in. Has been for years.

Problem solved.

• Fire 4

Cycle after a loss--

(rest of) Saturday: pissed, angry, slightly depressed, how could this happen?, etc, etc

Sunday: still pissed and angry, but golfing makes it a bit better

Monday: starting to come around, but then I reflect on the game more and become pissed and angry again

Tuesday: cooling off

Wednesday: cooling off even more and looking ahead to the next team and the challenges they bring to the table

Thursday: eh, if we do x, y, & z, we have a shot on Saturday

Friday: we could definitely win tomorrow

Saturday: GAMEDAY BITCHES

• Fire 1

Cycle after a loss--

(rest of) Saturday: pissed, angry, slightly depressed, how could this happen?, etc, etc

Monday: starting to come around, but then I reflect on the game more and become pissed and angry again

Wednesday: cooling off even more and looking ahead to the next team and the challenges they bring to the table

That was funny, I am the same way

Go Big RED!!!!

I know how you feel. I get sick of the forum being monopolized by those same couple dozen people and thier alt accounts doing nothing but taking jabs at the new staff.

I'll take that over the constant sunshine pumping that goes on over Riley not to mention when Pelini was here any day of the week. Jesus that sh*t gets old.

• Fire 1

Cycle after a loss--

nicely put!

We have a lot more games left, lets play those as they come and see what happens

Heard today that Tennessee was three plays away from being 5-0. So are we, look for some positives.

As Tommy said, he completed the pass no one would have said a word. Quite a young man there, but just look at him. He is hurting, and what the fan base is doing is not helping.

Well that's that, if we just ignore the incompetence it'll go away, even though 15 or so years of his head coaching experience tell us differently.

We are also lucky that the staff didn't blow the So. Miss game.

Tommy was wrong about that, we'd still talk about it, maybe to not this extent, but it would be a very valid point of discussion.

Maybe you're right, let's just not give a damn anymore. Apathy by the fan base is slowly setting in. Has been for years.

Problem solved.

The bold is the most bothersome part. The acceptance of losing is a hard hurdle to get over. The belief we can't win is hard to shake as well. I agree with you. Moral victories, "no blow out losses"......... One play away from being undefeated.... We are also one play away from being 1-4......

I will support the team, support the staff. The team regardless, the coaches because that is who we have. I am hoping, as Walks said, some soul searching takes place and they examine the tape and truly "do what we do best".....

If we can stop their run game, that will be a HUGE step in the right direction.

• Fire 1

Well that's that, if we just ignore the incompetence it'll go away,

You don't actually read Huskerboard much, do you?

Or maybe you don't know what the word "ignore" means.....

Cycle after a loss--

This sounds strangely familiar.