Everything has been said

I'm sorry I can't take this thread seriously. The OP compared us to Tennessee.

What's wrong with that? They're really probably the most like comparison for us. Sure there are a few different details, but in a general sense our story lines are eerily similar.

I was kidding.

okay cool

Cycle after a loss--

(rest of) Saturday: pissed, angry, slightly depressed, how could this happen?, etc, etc

Sunday: still pissed and angry, but golfing makes it a bit better

Monday: starting to come around, but then I reflect on the game more and become pissed and angry again

Tuesday: cooling off

Wednesday: cooling off even more and looking ahead to the next team and the challenges they bring to the table

Thursday: eh, if we do x, y, & z, we have a shot on Saturday

Friday: we could definitely win tomorrow

Saturday: GAMEDAY BITCHES

Apparently thats the game plan of those who are easily led...

Cycle after a loss--

(rest of) Saturday: pissed, angry, slightly depressed, how could this happen?, etc, etc

Monday: starting to come around, but then I reflect on the game more and become pissed and angry again

Wednesday: cooling off even more and looking ahead to the next team and the challenges they bring to the table

What's your gameplan?

Truly guys, the game is over, two days ago.

Lets talk about Wisconsin, put this behind us.

Board is nothing but negative after negative.

We have a lot more games left, lets play those as they come and see what happens

Heard today that Tennessee was three plays away from being 5-0. So are we, look for some positives.

As Tommy said, he completed the pass no one would have said a word. Quite a young man there, but just look at him. He is hurting, and what the fan base is doing is not helping.

Well that's that, if we just ignore the incompetence it'll go away,

You don't actually read Huskerboard much, do you?

Or maybe you don't know what the word "ignore" means.....

Fair enough. A few seem to want to ignore it.

I was being sarcastic.

giphy.gif

The sun still came up for me. Hope it did for the team and coaches.

We can dwell on this, and it won't do anyone any good, or we can come out and lay a beat down on Wisconsin and get the good vibes going again.

Tough loss, vent and get it out of your system and move on.

Enough with the firing coaches nonsense.

The problem is when the sun doesn't come out (wind and rain), these coaches are still throwing the ball. Given reasonable weather, I think we beat Wisconsin. The betting line is from -1 to -2, so the wagering crowd sees the teams as equal.

Cycle after a loss--

What's your gameplan?

Hope things get better, but then seeing our pass defense suck for 5 consecutive games, and having those hopes dashed...

Truly guys, the game is over, two days ago.

Lets talk about Wisconsin, put this behind us.

Board is nothing but negative after negative.

We have a lot more games left, lets play those as they come and see what happens

Heard today that Tennessee was three plays away from being 5-0. So are we, look for some positives.

As Tommy said, he completed the pass no one would have said a word. Quite a young man there, but just look at him. He is hurting, and what the fan base is doing is not helping.

I agree after the Monday PC the players and coaches have to move on to the next game, you can't dwell on a loss and let it eat you up. That is what a lot of us are doing.

IMO the game on Saturday is really going to tell us how this season is going to turn out. Talent wise this team is good enough to beat anyone left on the schedule, but things either really go south or they get better I don't think there is any middle ground.

Except that the mistakes made in the previous games by the coaching staff keep coming up, so no, you really can't just move on to the next game, when lessons have yet to be learned from the previous failures. Maybe when the staff starts to exhibit that experience that was meant to be a benefit to the team, and the losses occur because of what the other team does, and not because our coaches gaffed the team to a loss yet again...we can start looking forward.

*THAT* is why people have such umbrage with the staff--as experienced as they supposedly are, they fail to learn their lessons and build/improve. Fans that were around for Callahan and Bo have already had enough of that s***, frankly, which is why there should be nil for latitude given to Riley.

Again--it would be one thing if the coaches demonstrated that they learned their lessons, improved on the field, and progressed as a team as the season went on. But here we are, regressing on offense, the same mismanagement and stubbornness that appeared in all games rearing its head, and a lack of understanding by the staff of this team and what it takes to be successful.

When I say move on I don't mean not try to correct mistakes from the previous game. I mean you can't sit and dwell on the loss. To think that coaches aren't trying to correct bad things that happened any of the games they played is stupid on your part.

But, they can't sit and dwell on the last game until the next Wednesday. They have to prepare for the next game. That is all they can do.

First--knock off the ad hominem attacks. They completely undercut any semblance of an argument that you have. We can discuss without having to call people stupid.

Second, um...based off of the on-the-field product, we *CAN* surmise that either the coaches are not trying to correct bad things, or that they're wholly incapable of doing so. And considering the talent that is on this team and that the coaches obviously see more than we do (sometimes...see last week's OC playcalling), it's the later, not the former, which means something needs to change.

Plus, it's extremely disappointing that we haven't heard from the leadership at DoNU about this SNAFU. This should be unacceptable to them, and a loss this weekend to Wisky (looking likely, to be honest) needs to bring them out and they need to be vocal about what happens during the off-season if this teams fails to make a bowl (e.g. remove Riley, remove the coordinators and staff).

I know Harvey is retiring. This is the second time I have seen you write he needs to get rid of his coordinators and get experienced high quality coordinators. First of all they are very experienced coordinators, they have multiple years of doing their jobs at several locations. Most would also consider them high quality coordinators. They have had lots of success over their careers other wise they wouldn't have been employed for as many years as they have.

Now why don't you just say what you really mean, which is that you don't like the style of play that they have the players playing. You don't like the offense and you don't like the way they play defense.

I have been impressed with Langsdorf over the first 4 games of the season. He called a terrible game against Illinois, but the other 4 have looked good.

Banker is trying to install pass coverage that we don't have the shut down corners to play right now. The run defense has been good. The defense as a whole against Illinois played pretty well. They really only had two bad breakdowns in the game. Both led to touchdowns, but if before the game I told you Nebraska give up 14pts to Illinois you would have said we win the game.

Again if you don't like the style of play I get that. Say that then. These guys don't get to this level by being in combatant. It may work out it may not. Nothing is going to happen in the middle of the season though.

Third--quit with the straw men. I never said I don't like the style of play, so quit putting words in my mouth or trying to create arguments on my behalf that you'd like to try and knock down. I will say that it's a known fact that the weather dictates that a team needs to be proficient at the running game for when the weather turns foul...like it did last week. And we could have a decent running game, if the coaches would stick with it and let it develop...but they've failed to do so, time and again.

It wasn't just the Illinois game where a decent running game failed us. I seem to recall three key 3rd and short plays during the BYU game where the coaches failed to use a running game, partially because their decisions derailed any sort of momentum for it, and partially because of their dreadful playcalling.

I recall where we couldn't punch things in against Southern Miss in the red zone because of an anemic running game, again, because of momentum and playcalling.

It hasn't been just a one-game issue--it just came to light against Illinois because the elements were not conducive towards a passing game, and our OC either failed to realize this, or was too damn stubborn to call anything else...even though we were getting a good 3-4 yards a carry on the ground.

Plus, we were told that Riley and his staff would adjust what they wanted to do for the talent they have on-hand--yet, we see that it took until the fifth game for Banker to realize he can't install his defense because he doesn't have the kids to do it yet, and even then, it's a defense that is soft on pass coverage (at best). We have a decent stable of running backs...but they can't see the field except for short, unusual spurts, and never get momentum behind them to make something happen.

For all the experience this staff supposedly brings, we really need to question why they continue to make rookie mistakes over and over again.