I want to beat these guys. To a pulp.

Wisconsin is the closest thing that Nebraska has to a rival in the Big 10 in my opinion. They have beaten us in the regular season (by a TON), we had an epic comeback against them, and they ruined our first conference championship in 15 years with a team that went 7-5 in the regular season. To me it feels like this team is fired up to play these guys and put a whooping on them for what they've been able to do to Nebraska the past few seasons. They have injuries and difficulties, we have injuries and difficulties, yet I still expect both teams to come out and play at a high level, because of the respect that both have for their opponent. I think NU is going to come into this game HUNGRY for a win, to shut the haters on Wisconsin, to shut the haters on Riley, and to shut the haters about being eliminated in the division- for at least a week.

Nebraska does have some injury issues that need to be addressed. Will we see Givens Price at DT now that Maurice is out? Will McMullen slide inside and/or we pull the redshirt off Carlos Davis (I really really hope we don't do this- would be so short sighted in my opinion)?

There are story lines all over this week, and yet for the first time since we came into the B1G and went to that top 10 matchup in Madison, I feel like we are going to beat these guys. Anyone else feel a strange sense of confidence for this game?

Personally, I see Iowa as a more natural rival than the Badgers (since we share a border & many fans), and they will probably beat the pulp out of us this year (worse than Wisconsin will).

I've never heard of a Husker fan who thinks Iowa is our rival..................... eyeswear2allthatsholy

That's because no such fan exists.

"Sharing borders," "natural rivalry" and all that crap is what we had with Kansas, Iowa State, Missouri, Colorado, K-State.

I'm not sure I quite understand the hate or even dislike for Wisconsin. It'd be the same as hating someone who you mentored as a child that is now all grown up. Alvarez played for Nebraska. He went on to coach at Wisconsin to build a team like Nebraska. Now, he's the AD trying to cultivate a similar history and tradition as Nebraska. Why again do we hate Wisconsin? If it's for how poorly we've played against them in years past, then that's on Bo Pelini. I cheer for Wisconsin except for when they play us.

I'm not sure I quite understand the hate or even dislike for Wisconsin. It'd be the same as hating someone who you mentored as a child that is now all grown up. Alvarez played for Nebraska. He went on to coach at Wisconsin to build a team like Nebraska. Now, he's the AD trying to cultivate a similar history and tradition as Nebraska. Why again do we hate Wisconsin? If it's for how poorly we've played against them in years past, then that's on Bo Pelini. I cheer for Wisconsin except for when they play us.

Classless fans, would be my thought. Didn't one of the frequent posters on here have a nasty run-in with some punk Wisconsin students at Camp Randall? Something about nasty comments toward his wife, with the son present? I've heard enough of stories like those to have an bad opinion of at least their student section. Then there are the vulgar chants at the games. No class.

• Fire 1

I wouldn't call Wisconsin a rival and I certainly don't think they consider us one either. They've kicked us in the teeth all but one time.

They were the big, bad ground pounding team of the Big Ten and we were the big, bad ground pounding team of the Big 12, and unfortunately, they've proven to be tougher.

After 5 games, I don't know what to expect out of Nebraska. I hope we win, it's my birthday too, but who knows anymore.

Banker seems to think that their offensive style plays right into our defensive scheme, so we'll see.

To me it feels like this team is fired up to play these guys and put a whooping on them for what they've been able to do to Nebraska the past few seasons.

This team wasn't even fired up to play against Miami, Southern Miss (2nd Half) and Illinois. This team is a mess no motivation, mentally weak and they look slow.

Wisconsin is going to thump on us because we are one dimensional on Offense and our defense is horrible. This team doesn't even want to compete or win football games.

We'll be lucky enough to beat Purdue and Rutgers and that's it.

• Fire 1

To me it feels like this team is fired up to play these guys and put a whooping on them for what they've been able to do to Nebraska the past few seasons.

This team wasn't even fired up to play against Miami, Southern Miss (2nd Half) and Illinois. This team is a mess no motivation, mentally weak and they look slow.

Wisconsin is going to thump on us because we are one dimensional on Offense and our defense is horrible. This team doesn't even want to compete or win football games.

We'll be lucky enough to beat Purdue and Rutgers and that's it.

What is life like inside your hyperbolic chamber?