Previous Staff Members in Contact with Current Players

I'm with skersfan -- not the conspiracy theory aspect. It's just kind of who he is and the culture he created at Nebraska, and this is something that skersfan has been on about since before Pelini was hired, so I need to give him credit where it's due. Bo made quite the impression the first time around.

As big of a "snake" as a few believe Pelini is, he has the support and respect of those like Tom Osborne.....who knows Pelini much better than your average internet poster thinks they do.

If this is still true after the recordings, then I have lost lot of respect for Oz. But I would not be surprised if Oz was as discussed as the rest of us.

What was discussed with Dr. Tom?

Something may have.....and may quite possibly be.....occurring. But the reason this is ANY kind of a deal is because Mike Riley is not producing results. This crap isn't happening at Florida or Michigan.....and yes, our situation is different.....which begs the examination as to why it's different.

Muschamp's response to his firing: "I was given every opportunity to get it done here and I simply didn’t win enough games – that is the bottom line. I’m disappointed that I didn’t get it done and it is my responsibility to get it done. I have no bitter feelings, but this is a business and I wish we would have produced better results on the field"

vs....

Pelini's (since he never made an official statement we only have this to go on):

“A guy like (Eichorst) who has no integrity, he doesn’t even understand what a core value is,” Pelini told players. “And he hasn’t understood it from the day he got here. I saw it when I first met with the guy.

“To have core values means you have to be about something, you have to represent something that is important to you. He’s a f------ lawyer who makes policies. That’s all he’s done since he’s been here: Hire people and make policies to cover his own ass.”

“I didn’t really have any relationship with the A.D.,” Pelini said. “The guy, you guys saw him (Sunday), the guy’s a total p----. I mean, he is. He’s a total c---.”

“He goes, ‘I disagree that I haven’t supported you.’ I said, ‘Hey bud, you can’t support somebody underneath a f------ rock.’ I said, ‘To do your job at this level, at a place like this, you gotta be a grown-a-- f------ man to lead something.’ I said, ‘You can’t lead anything under a f------ rock.’ I said, ‘You don’t spend any time with us. Our players don’t even know who you are.’ And I said, ‘That isn’t leadership.’

“The guy, you guys saw him (Sunday), the guy’s a total p----. I mean, he is. He’s a total c---.”

I am sure you guys walked out of there, and you’re all smart guys who have been around — and I’m sure and your gut told you certain things. Trust your gut, because your gut’s right. Not knowing how it was going to go — when he told me he would meet with you guys at 8 o’clock, I think he said, ‘I’m going to meet the players later on today,’ and my first thought was: ‘Well, that ain’t going to go real well.’ Because I knew he wouldn’t handle it the right way.

• Fire 7

Something may have.....and may quite possibly be.....occurring. But the reason this is ANY kind of a deal is because Mike Riley is not producing results. This crap isn't happening at Florida or Michigan.....and yes, our situation is different.....which begs the examination as to why it's different.

Muschamp's response to his firing: "I was given every opportunity to get it done here and I simply didnt win enough games that is the bottom line. Im disappointed that I didnt get it done and it is my responsibility to get it done. I have no bitter feelings, but this is a business and I wish we would have produced better results on the field"

vs....

Pelini's (since he never made an official statement we only have this to go on):

A guy like (Eichorst) who has no integrity, he doesnt even understand what a core value is, Pelini told players. And he hasnt understood it from the day he got here. I saw it when I first met with the guy.

To have core values means you have to be about something, you have to represent something that is important to you. Hes a f------ lawyer who makes policies. Thats all hes done since hes been here: Hire people and make policies to cover his own ass.

I didnt really have any relationship with the A.D., Pelini said. The guy, you guys saw him (Sunday), the guys a total p----. I mean, he is. Hes a total c---.

He goes, I disagree that I havent supported you. I said, Hey bud, you cant support somebody underneath a f------ rock. I said, To do your job at this level, at a place like this, you gotta be a grown-a-- f------ man to lead something. I said, You cant lead anything under a f------ rock. I said, You dont spend any time with us. Our players dont even know who you are. And I said, That isnt leadership.

The guy, you guys saw him (Sunday), the guys a total p----. I mean, he is. Hes a total c---.

I am sure you guys walked out of there, and youre all smart guys who have been around and Im sure and your gut told you certain things. Trust your gut, because your guts right. Not knowing how it was going to go when he told me he would meet with you guys at 8 oclock, I think he said, Im going to meet the players later on today, and my first thought was: Well, that aint going to go real well. Because I knew he wouldnt handle it the right way.

Wow. You must think that these young men are complete mindless idiots if that's the difference.

These guys are in the locker rooms. I think they're smarter than you give them credit for.

Wow. You must think that these young men are complete mindless idiots if that's the difference.

These guys are in the locker rooms. I think they're smarter than you give them credit for.

If you don't think there was a VAST difference between Pelini's exit and Muschamp's then the only thing mindless in this discussion is what you get when you "point the thumb"

• Fire 4

If you don't think there was a VAST difference between Pelini's exit and Muschamp's then the only thing mindless in this discussion is what you get when you "point the thumb"

There was a huge difference, Florida was a dumpster fire, Nebraska wasn't.

There was a huge difference, Florida was a dumpster fire, Nebraska wasn't.

Depends on how you want to interpret that

I've never coached at the collegiate level but I do have several years in as baseball/fast pitch softball coach. While I know some of my players liked their previous coach, I have never known one to tank in a game on purpose because of that coach.. The majority of kids that start are very competitive and I don't see tanking sitting well with any. Alex Lewis was pissed when he did the whole "Sorry we suck" stuff it doesn't mean he wasn't doing his best.

I would give the kids more credit than that, even if they love their former coach, it is unlikely they will tank the game or only go 70% or something. They may listen to the coach but that is most likely all they would do...

JMHO