***Wisconsin Game Discussion***

We have a lot of injuries on defense. It takes a whole defensive unit to function.

This sucks bad, but it is a small minded, self centered person that jumps to blame other people for their misery.

The defensive injuries don't explain the whole secondary regressing versus last year in development to where they can't even find the ball or cover a deep ball. The defensive injuries don't explain why we went to a prevent D and let Wisky gash us running the ball when we know that's been their MO for a while now.

Quit making excuses for Riley, please--you're part of the problem by doing that.

they rarely played the ball last year. they also werent as good as we thought they were. someone posted a stat in another thread about them ranking towards the bottom in passing plays of 20 yards or more. we just didnt notice because everyone was able to run all over the defense.

Move Langsdorf to full time QB coach and hire a real offensive coordinator. The defense will look better if we are able to upgrade the talent in our secondary. You get a guy like Darnay Holmes out there and instead of dropping 5+ interceptions today maybe we catch a couple.

The first step to catching an interception is turning your head to see it.....#Kaluplaysballlikeagirl

Move Langsdorf to full time QB coach and hire a real offensive coordinator. The defense will look better if we are able to upgrade the talent in our secondary. You get a guy like Darnay Holmes out there and instead of dropping 5+ interceptions today maybe we catch a couple.

Get rid of Langsahan, he's beyond terrible.

It's a good thing for the angry boosters that they got rid of Pelini when they did. Sizing up the competition we've faced this year, I think we'd be 6-0 and they'd have a really tough time cutting him loose.

If Pelini was such a great coach why do we have so many walkons starting? WHere's the talent? Pelini sucked in recruiting. You can't pin this years losses directly on him. But he left us in a hole, talent wise. His juco/walkon team was held together with bandaids and silly putty.

Your statement here is total crap. We have all kinds of talent and it's being misused in this West Coast passing offense that only works against cupcakes and this low pressure defense that lets the opponent's QB have all day to look around. I wasn't a huge fan of the offensive or defensive style of Pelini's staff, but they would've spanked these down teams we've played so far this year. Our points came from ad libs by the players. The great passing game we saw against the Sun Valley is now nonexistent. I see our players giving maximum effort but being set up to fail. That's all I got....I won't be arguing this.

Even with the walkons, this team is still the most talented in the division.

This staff has pissed this season away.

Just one game, just one season I guess.

The DBacks not looking back is is reminiscent of the Phil Elmassian years. I hope this DBacks coach can do better than that guy. So far, not so sure.

Bullcrap.

People have been bitching about that since Darlington was the DB coach.

It isn't easy to run full speed and turn your head backwards. Been there, done that.

Defensive backs are taught--correctly--to read the eyes of the receiver. Otherwise, it's much too easy for a receiver to make a last-minute break to a well-timed pass. When defensive backs turn to look for footballs, it's generally because they sense in the receiver's pace and eyes that the football is underthrown and playable. C'mon, folks, this team isn't doing all that bad. They're right in every game until the last minute. Except for the W/L columns, they play fairly well for a team with a new coach that was trained and recruited for a different system of football. If you are calling for this coach's firing, I think you might be part of the problem.

Defensive backs are taught--correctly--to read the eyes of the receiver. Otherwise, it's much too easy for a receiver to make a last-minute break to a well-timed pass. When defensive backs turn to look for footballs, it's generally because they sense in the receiver's pace and eyes that the football is underthrown and playable. C'mon, folks, this team isn't doing all that bad. They're right in every game until the last minute. Except for the W/L columns, they play fairly well for a team with a new coach that was trained and recruited for a different system of football. If you are calling for this coach's firing, I think you might be part of the problem.

With all due respect....

It's hard to read the eyes of the receiver when you are consistently getting beat off the LOS, the front 4 are generating zero pass rush, and you aren't forcing any kind of a turnover. Add that with your offense going on vacation at critical times in the game, and the coaching staff taking any consistency from them by putting them into different offensive plays. The cherry on top is the number of penalties this team gets.

Different coaches, same players, folks. I agree that Riley is at a disadvantage, but he's not doing himself any favors losing games in this fashion.

We have a lot of injuries on defense. It takes a whole defensive unit to function.

This sucks bad, but it is a small minded, self centered person that jumps to blame other people for their misery.

The defensive injuries don't explain the whole secondary regressing versus last year in development to where they can't even find the ball or cover a deep ball. The defensive injuries don't explain why we went to a prevent D and let Wisky gash us running the ball when we know that's been their MO for a while now.

Quit making excuses for Riley, please--you're part of the problem by doing that.

Part of the problem? Can you explain? Lol

Last time I checked, we didn't accept incompetence and mediocrity as a fan base. But if fans are going to settle, then they're part of the problem--they're not willing to ask for improvements and call Eichorst and Harvey out for the piss poor hire they've made.

And last years coach was getting blown out in games. Which one's better for you?? And the one before that was tertible, and the one before that ran was terrible, too. I'm here to tell you that you better embrace this coach as he is the last hope until true mediocrity-or worse, occurs. We knee jerk Fire Riley and start over-again we lose our sell out streak, our donors and our athletic budget.

So how are you going to make this stand as a fan who "Does not support mediocrity?" Are you going to burn your Husker gear? Refuse to go to games? Cry on the Internet some more? What, exactly, are you proposing like minded fans do? You have no power

The offense under performed today it but save for the last drive, I cant really fault the plan. The defense was pretty good, except for the last drive. I don't understand why the QB wasn't pressured. He is not good and easily rattled bThe penalties have killed us this season Truth is we lost four games on the last play of the game and it sucks. It almost defies mathematical probability.But I'm not scared or ashamed to say I'm a fan and a support the development of this team and Coach Riley. The way I see it there's is no choice as a true fan but to go forward.

I've been a fan for over 50 years and this might be the most painful. It just feels like the coaches don't give the kids a chance to win.

Maybe it's a talent issue, but it sure seems it's a coaching issue. Watching Riley walk the sidelines with his head down, sure looks like a defeated coach. I suspect the players follow his lead and just wait to get beat.

I've been a fan for over 50 years and this might be the most painful. It just feels like the coaches don't give the kids a chance to win.

Maybe it's a talent issue, but it sure seems it's a coaching issue. Watching Riley walk the sidelines with his head down, sure looks like a defeated coach. I suspect the players follow his lead and just wait to get beat.

I think there is talent at most positions. No depth though

The DBacks not looking back is is reminiscent of the Phil Elmassian years. I hope this DBacks coach can do better than that guy. So far, not so sure.

Bullcrap.

People have been bitching about that since Darlington was the DB coach.

It isn't easy to run full speed and turn your head backwards. Been there, done that.

Did I complain about Darlington? No. Did I say it was easy? No. I do not know anything about your resume. What I do know is that dbacks are not doing very well. If you disagree with that you are not watching the same games I am and have complete neglected to see the passing yardage of the opposing teams. I think you should re-read my statement, and vent about something I did say.