***Wisconsin Game Discussion***

This is what happens when you hire a mediocre coaching staff from a mediocre school. NU refuses to spend money on a big name coach who can get it done. Should of given Urb a blank check. Worst NU team Ive seen in quite some time.....so boring to watch. Even if we won half of these close games would we really be all that happy? The team would still be terrible just with a better record.

If they are boring to watch, don't. It is a pretty simple concept

Oh but I will because I am a fan

I keep hearing that it is important for NU fans to stay positive. This staff is making it really hard. I am looking for anything, anything about this debacle that I can grasp and hold on to, in order to keep a sliver of positivity. I guess Lewis did not do anything dumb yet, but the day isn't over. Can anyone help me find a positive? What seems to be working? When I see phones and smiles on the field afterward, instead of bad tempers, frowns, or tears; it makes it worse.

We have a lot of injuries on defense. It takes a whole defensive unit to function.

This sucks bad, but it is a small minded, self centered person that jumps to blame other people for their misery.

The defensive injuries don't explain the whole secondary regressing versus last year in development to where they can't even find the ball or cover a deep ball. The defensive injuries don't explain why we went to a prevent D and let Wisky gash us running the ball when we know that's been their MO for a while now.

Quit making excuses for Riley, please--you're part of the problem by doing that.

Losing decisions made by the staff. Screw the win loss record, just take a look at the decisions made

That is what concerns me the most.How can you have so many years of coaching experience and make the decisions the coaches make. Mind chilling.

Just because you have been doing something for a long time doesn't mean you are good at it. Just take a look at the golf course

I keep hearing that it is important for NU fans to stay positive. This staff is making it really hard. I am looking for anything, anything about this debacle that I can grasp and hold on to, in order to keep a sliver of positivity. I guess Lewis did not do anything dumb yet, but the day isn't over. Can anyone help me find a positive? What seems to be working? When I see phones and smiles on the field afterward, instead of bad tempers, frowns, or tears; it makes it worse.

Janovich.

We have a lot of injuries on defense. It takes a whole defensive unit to function.

This sucks bad, but it is a small minded, self centered person that jumps to blame other people for their misery.

The defensive injuries don't explain the whole secondary regressing versus last year in development to where they can't even find the ball or cover a deep ball. The defensive injuries don't explain why we went to a prevent D and let Wisky gash us running the ball when we know that's been their MO for a while now.

Quit making excuses for Riley, please--you're part of the problem by doing that.

Part of the problem? Can you explain? Lol

Janovich.

I suppose. Sad our shining spot is a fullback with a couple of good runs.

Part of the problem? Can you explain? Lol

Last time I checked, we didn't accept incompetence and mediocrity as a fan base. But if fans are going to settle, then they're part of the problem--they're not willing to ask for improvements and call Eichorst and Harvey out for the piss poor hire they've made.

It's a good thing for the angry boosters that they got rid of Pelini when they did. Sizing up the competition we've faced this year, I think we'd be 6-0 and they'd have a really tough time cutting him loose.

If Pelini was such a great coach why do we have so many walkons starting? WHere's the talent? Pelini sucked in recruiting. You can't pin this years losses directly on him. But he left us in a hole, talent wise. His juco/walkon team was held together with bandaids and silly putty.

Your statement here is total crap. We have all kinds of talent and it's being misused in this West Coast passing offense that only works against cupcakes and this low pressure defense that lets the opponent's QB have all day to look around. I wasn't a huge fan of the offensive or defensive style of Pelini's staff, but they would've spanked these down teams we've played so far this year. Our points came from ad libs by the players. The great passing game we saw against the Sun Valley is now nonexistent. I see our players giving maximum effort but being set up to fail. That's all I got....I won't be arguing this.
  • Fire 1