Glass half empty or half full?

Half? More like a quarter full or three quarters empty and leading in three places I am afraid. This one is really tough as the team may lose faith and slip further down hill next week. A road trip for a MUST win now. We go to 2-5 (Huskers have not been there since Ike was President I am guessing). The old record books that are stored down in the basement of the old library building that was closed in '68 are needed now.

One one hand, a single play here or there and we are practically undefeated. On the other, we have seemingly regressed in intensity and relevance. I am not sure where I am and not in the mood to be judged on either belief. Thoughts?

Practically undefeated??? Technically you are correct, however, since "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades so does it really matter?

One one hand, a single play here or there and we are practically undefeated. On the other, we have seemingly regressed in intensity and relevance. I am not sure where I am and not in the mood to be judged on either belief. Thoughts?

Please...just stop perpetuating the 'single play here or there', 'last minute', 'bad luck' fallacy. The games are being lost not because of the last minute, but because the coaches are not putting the kids in a position to win and succeed the 59:00 preceding. The team should be playing well enough that a single play, call, or event doesn't take the game out of their hands.

The glass is lying on the floor, shattered into a thousand pieces, and our leadership is standing their with their d***s in their hand wondering how to clean up the mess they've created.

Granted, it's a nice mess, but it's a mess, nevertheless.