Time to bench Tommy and start one of the underclassmen against Minnesota

TA was the bright spot of a TERRIBLE offensive performance. Bench him and basically forfeit the rest of the season. Let him loose is what I think.

You have an interesting definition of bright spot. I saw a guy get outplayed by Joel Stave, missing open guys left and right and throwing out of rhythm. He ran well and played hard, but his performance was not good.

• Fire 1

I can understand why you guys might feel this way, but Tommy is the only hope we have at QB right now. It should also be apparent that while he's far from perfect, he gives a lot to the team.

If we had viable backup options, might it eventually be time to start the conversation about the QB who can't stop throwing off his back foot? Sure. But I don't think we do.

I will say that after these past two games, the offensive coaches need to figure out a better way to work with what they've got. The offense has been hot/cold in a number of games this year. And while the early season focus has been on a struggling defense, it's now the offense that is not carrying the weight. To win games -- better yet, to put them away before the closing minutes -- you need to score points.

TA is not a QB. He's an athlete under center. His mechanics are very poor and so is his decision making. This is a known fact and every single game the commentators talk about his mechanics. I really see nothing to lose by letting the no. 2 QB play. Starters lose their jobs all the time on both sides of the ball. QB should be no different.

TA was the bright spot of a TERRIBLE offensive performance. Bench him and basically forfeit the rest of the season. Let him loose is what I think.

You have an interesting definition of bright spot. I saw a guy get outplayed by Joel Stave, missing open guys left and right and throwing out of rhythm. He ran well and played hard, but his performance was not good.

Perhaps some credit is due to the Wisc linebackers for that. Just saying' The wind was crazy. Neither team did jack sh-t when against it. Maybe that had an impact on the passing game...

My torches aren't lit, that's all I am saying. This regime needs time. Any new staff does.

I can understand why you guys might feel this way, but Tommy is the only hope we have at QB right now. It should also be apparent that while he's far from perfect, he gives a lot to the team.

If we had viable backup options, might it eventually be time to start the conversation about the QB who can't stop throwing off his back foot? Sure. But I don't think we do.

I will say that after these past two games, the offensive coaches need to figure out a better way to work with what they've got. The offense has been hot/cold in a number of games this year. And while the early season focus has been on a struggling defense, it's now the offense that is not carrying the weight. To win games -- better yet, to put them away before the closing minutes -- you need to score points.

And there's the rub. More than likely he is the best we have.

There isn't a qb on this roster that is the pocket passing gun slinger they want. And they won't change what they do to fit the players they have so it wouldn't really matter

Fyfe is probably as close as you get. He throws a nice ball. I remember last year a couple times he got action, the offense seemed to click. Listen, if your QB consistently fails or throws a bad ball eventually guys stop blocking, route running, and get lazy. Essentially they'll give up on the QB. More often than not, I have seen this on occasion this year so far.

TA is not a QB. He's an athlete under center. His mechanics are very poor and so is his decision making. This is a known fact and every single game the commentators talk about his mechanics. I really see nothing to lose by letting the no. 2 QB play. Starters lose their jobs all the time on both sides of the ball. QB should be no different.

Just throwing this out there...maybe he's dumb. Maybe many of our recruits are dumb. We played a freshman back that we "stole" from Wisconsin solely because HE COULDN'T GET ADMITTED to the "academic" institution there. They have standards for their STUDENT-athletes. Not sure we do. So, you get what you get.

Yikes, hopefully you're just still mad about the loss and didn't mean it. Please don't say that kind of stuff about our players.

Square peg meet round hole. We are seeing exactly what Riley said he wouldn't do. Fit a player to his scheme. He also said he's " never had a running QB before"..........

Watching KSU tonight, announcers, in talking of KSU QB, said they shouldn't try and make him throw from the pocket, but allow the run game to open the passing and use PA for the passing game.

Tommy is good with the PA and roll outs. Passes predicated off the threat of a run game and him taking off. Force the DC to creep safeties up or waste a guy to spy him. It's not Tommy, it's the average coach and his "experienced" staff.

• Fire 4

It's hard to step into a throw and get off your back foot when you have two or three defensive linemen right in your face.

I agree he hasn't been good, but maybe we could start calling some plays that fit his strengths a little better, maybe give him a better chance to be successful.

i don't think it's solely a pressure issue -- it seems to be habit. I mean, every announcer this year it seems has harped on this with Tommy (while marveling at the many things he *can* do, throwing and running).

I think they do a reasonable job of fitting around Tommy's strengths. He runs a good amount, they move the pocket a good amount. It's just the passing is so inconsistent and they have not succeeded in having a consistent running threat to go alongside that. Maybe lean on that a little more, so at least you're moving forward on some of these plays.

Here is the issue. We currently have a car that needs servicing. We take it to a boat mechanic because they both can fix " engines". Although both are similar, they are different enough that one can not get the most out of or repair it properly. Oh, it will "work", but it's half a$$ed and still not correct.

The Huskers are a car engine and Riley is a boat mechanic. Both might be the best, but together, neither one will work right.

NU either needs to get a car mechanic, or wait patiently for 3-5 more years as we get more boats....

Either way, I wouldn't expect any earth shattering improvements the next few years. We might get a winning record, but history shows .536....