Probably BS, but saw this posted.

The program was already hurt twice because of TO hiring guys who had no HC experience at the D1 level and as a program we are better than that.

There is no evidence that first time head coaches won't be good because of lack of experience, or that experienced head coaches WILL be good because they have head coaching experiences. That doesn't matter. At all.

As for Frost, he's one of the biggest coordinator names in the country and he's gonna get a shot soon. It's not like his offense is exactly terrible this season - not where it was with Mr. Universe Mariota, but it's still pretty solid overall.

Not only that, but he's been exposed to just about everything you could. The only thing missing from his resume is actually having head coaching experience, but like I said, that is no indicator of whether or not you'll be any good. He's studied or been a coach under Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichick, Jon Gruden, Tom Osborne, and Chip Kelly, spending time as a Linebackers Coach, Defensive Coordinator, Receivers Coach, Quarterbacks Coach, and Offensive Coordinator, as well as obviously playing quarterback and safety.

To say that is no evidence that experience matters makes no sense at all. Experience matters in all walks of life, not just coaching. While experience doesn't guarantee success, the chances of success are a lot better with a guy who isn't cutting his teeth at a top level P5 conference school.

Bert fired his O-line coach in 2012 after they came out struggling and lost to Mike Riley & Oregon State.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8361472/wisconsin-badgers-fire-offensive-line-coach-mike-markuson

Same team to put up 70 on us.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing something.

Hey, good memory! I vaguely remember that. Who coached their OL the rest of the way? It is still unusual, though.

Another reason I don't think it will happen here: you give coaches chances. It's one thing if an assistant has had a year under his belt. In their first year working together with a head coach, though?

That might not just be unusual. It might simply never happen -- outside of off-field issues.

To say that is no evidence that experience matters makes no sense at all. Experience matters in all walks of life, not just coaching. While experience doesn't guarantee success, the chances of success are a lot better with a guy who isn't cutting his teeth at a top level P5 conference school.

Coaches winning championships and being in the top 15 of the polls at current programs would argue that it doesn't.

At any given time of any given year roughly half of the top teams in the country have first time head coaches.

I would be behind Riley 100% if a guy like Frost came in as OC and was groomed to be HC in waiting....that would give me so much comfort knowing I could get behind Riley and now he was teaching one of our future head coaches, and a future HC was being groomed.

That would make sense.

Honest question and I am not trying to be a smartass. Other than being a former Husker QB, what makes Frost qualified to be a HC here? I thought that the complaint was that we needed a big "splash" hire and Scott is not it. He's not Harbaugh who wins everywhere he goes in which UM was lucky enough that SF was stupid enough to fire him or they would be in the same shape as we are in. If anything Frost's warts are showing now that he doesn't have a Heisman winning QB when it comes to being an OC. The sad truth is that nobody in the TO coaching tree has turned out to be good enough to be the HC at NU. Frost may get there one day, but let him continue to learn at another school. The program was already hurt twice because of TO hiring guys who had no HC experience at the D1 level and as a program we are better than that. I just like everyone on here would have loved TO to have groomed someone (or if he did, Frank didn't listen very closely) to take his place and kept the program where it was at, but that didn't happen. Now we are left with this and it sucks for all of us.

And don't take this as saying that Riley is the answer either, all I know is that he is here and he needs time to fix the mess that Bo left us in. He wasn't one of my top guys to hire either, but wishing for another former husker to cut his teeth at NU is not the answer and it is going to keep us right where we are at with no hope of winning anything meaningful.

Yeah, WTH was TO thinking? Why didn't he teach someone to win national championships 3 out of every 5 seasons like he did?

I would be behind Riley 100% if a guy like Frost came in as OC and was groomed to be HC in waiting....that would give me so much comfort knowing I could get behind Riley and now he was teaching one of our future head coaches, and a future HC was being groomed.

That would make sense.

Honest question and I am not trying to be a smartass. Other than being a former Husker QB, what makes Frost qualified to be a HC here? I thought that the complaint was that we needed a big "splash" hire and Scott is not it. He's not Harbaugh who wins everywhere he goes in which UM was lucky enough that SF was stupid enough to fire him or they would be in the same shape as we are in. If anything Frost's warts are showing now that he doesn't have a Heisman winning QB when it comes to being an OC. The sad truth is that nobody in the TO coaching tree has turned out to be good enough to be the HC at NU. Frost may get there one day, but let him continue to learn at another school. The program was already hurt twice because of TO hiring guys who had no HC experience at the D1 level and as a program we are better than that. I just like everyone on here would have loved TO to have groomed someone (or if he did, Frank didn't listen very closely) to take his place and kept the program where it was at, but that didn't happen. Now we are left with this and it sucks for all of us.

And don't take this as saying that Riley is the answer either, all I know is that he is here and he needs time to fix the mess that Bo left us in. He wasn't one of my top guys to hire either, but wishing for another former husker to cut his teeth at NU is not the answer and it is going to keep us right where we are at with no hope of winning anything meaningful.

Yeah, WTH was TO thinking? Why didn't he teach someone to win national championships 3 out of every 5 seasons like he did?

Are you really that dense? It isn't just about championships, it is about not allowing the program to get lazy like Frank did. Not to mention all of the moral issues that went on under his watch.

Guessing it's all talk, but thought I'd share.

This just in.....word among a handful of boosters....Langsdorf demoted to QB coach...Riley takes over play calling...Brian Stewart out as Secondary coach...next year can't come soon enough.... Nebraska is irrelevant and that type of money does not stand for that....boosters are figuring it out for you....Eichorst is scrambling....I'm not liking what I'm hearing... We're in a dark place as a football team...the money is pissed off!

That read like a telegram.

• Fire 1

This just in.....word among a handful of boosters....Langsdorf demoted to QB coach...Riley takes over play calling...Brian Stewart out as Secondary coach...next year can't come soon enough.... Nebraska is irrelevant and that type of money does not stand for that....boosters are figuring it out for you....Eichorst is scrambling....I'm not liking what I'm hearing... We're in a dark place as a football team...the money is pissed off!

LOL...I read it in the same way. Inserted a 'STOP' for every ellipse, too...

LOL...I read it in the same way. Inserted a 'STOP' for every ellipse, too...

Hahahaha!

That would make sense.

Frosts is showing his true colors? They are 4th in rushing. Oregon's problem is they have NOTHING at QB. Why do you think they are scrambling for a solution (played 3 qbs, have 3 qbs committed on 2016 class)

They will have 7 qbs on the roster next year. At least they have shown to try the next option instead of just staying with the guy who isn't getting it done.

• Fire 1