Probably BS, but saw this posted.

Guessing it's all talk, but thought I'd share.

This just in.....word among a handful of boosters....Langsdorf demoted to QB coach...Riley takes over play calling...Brian Stewart out as Secondary coach...next year can't come soon enough.... Nebraska is irrelevant and that type of money does not stand for that....boosters are figuring it out for you....Eichorst is scrambling....I'm not liking what I'm hearing... We're in a dark place as a football team...the money is pissed off!

• Fire 1

Guessing it's all talk, but thought I'd share.

This just in.....word among a handful of boosters....Langsdorf demoted to QB coach...Riley takes over play calling...Brian Stewart out as Secondary coach...next year can't come soon enough.... Nebraska is irrelevant and that type of money does not stand for that....boosters are figuring it out for you....Eichorst is scrambling....I'm not liking what I'm hearing... We're in a dark place as a football team...the money is pissed off!

I've maintained multiple times over that if Riley would replace his coordinators and certain position coaches, that folks would be fine with giving him another year to right the ship--hell, if Callahan had been willing to replace Cosgrove, I still say he'd be our HC to this day and be a rather successful one at that. We'll see if Riley does make these changes--it would be a good step in the right direction, and show he's not content and is willing to do what is necessary to get our program back on track.

As for Eichorst, he's fair game after Harvey steps down. Unless he starts up the UNL Hockey program (keep hearing that's a strong possibility soon), his seat will be rather warm unless Riley can get things fixed.

Regardless, thanks for posting Redux. This program is in a dark place, and the status quo cannot be maintained, as its trajectory is downward.

Pump the breaks. Riley contemplating changes is fair game but I find it very hard to believe he's quietly fired one of his assistant coaches midseason. It's something you evaluate towards the end of the year because there's no urgency and you won't find a replacement now.

The playcalling thing is something that can change, but given that the rest of this smacks of BS...

Pump the breaks. Riley contemplating changes is fair game but I find it very hard to believe he's quietly fired one of his assistant coaches midseason. It's something you evaluate towards the end of the year because there's no urgency and you won't find a replacement now.

The playcalling thing is something that can change, but given that the rest of this smacks of BS...

Texas fired their DC after two or three games a few years ago.

Well, that's different. You give someone else on your staff a chance to prove it at DC. Like sometimes a head coach is fired so a coordinator gets a chance to man the chair. Unless there's a GA that is going to get promoted to secondary coach...

It just seems to make more sense for Riley, even if he thinks he needs to change the DBs coach, to make the decision on that at the end of the year.

They could relegate him to, say, Special Teams duty only, not unlike how we had at one point under Bo moved three coaches to working with the O-Line.

But they could tell him now that he won't be around next year, but if you want a recommendation, finish your time and keep your mouth shut?

This reminds me of what Strong did at Texass this year...and it's already paying dividends, depending on who you talk to.

Did we have 3 on the OL, or was it 2 with as much outside extra help as possible for Cotton?

I guess I just don't see, if Stew is out as DBs coach, who is coaching the DBs the rest of the year? If he's out anyway, what's the point in telling him now under threat of no recommendation vs making the call at the end of the year?

Strong at Texas changed up playcalling duties, but that's not really what these rumors are. Seems wild.

Really hope more than anything that this is true. Changes need to be made, you can't go out doing the same thing and expect different results. Also to people who think the Husker program is forever dead and will never be back, we were just in a conference championship a few years ago. The amount of money this program has, it will never be completely dead.

I would be surprised to see Langsdorf demoted, but changing play calling duties this year wouldn't be the worst thing.

Stewart out wouldn't surprise me. He was a late edition after Warren left and this off season would give Riley more time to get a better hire. I just don't like the fact of the revolving door at DB coach. It's sickening.