Probably BS, but saw this posted.

Guessing it's all talk, but thought I'd share.

This just in.....word among a handful of boosters....Langsdorf demoted to QB coach...Riley takes over play calling...Brian Stewart out as Secondary coach...next year can't come soon enough.... Nebraska is irrelevant and that type of money does not stand for that....boosters are figuring it out for you....Eichorst is scrambling....I'm not liking what I'm hearing... We're in a dark place as a football team...the money is pissed off!

This is where the real influence lies. I don't know about the coaching moves, but I have heard of the booster grumblings.

As related to me, a booster who supposedly spends 3k/homegame setting up something in the way of tailgating and hospitality is fed up. "Advertising outside Memorial Stadium right now is like having someone in a costume dancing on the street in front of a funeral home, it ain't worth 3k a pop." I haven't been tailgating this year so I can't vouch for the mood outside. :confucius

• Fire 1

Guessing it's all talk, but thought I'd share.

This just in.....word among a handful of boosters....Langsdorf demoted to QB coach...Riley takes over play calling...Brian Stewart out as Secondary coach...next year can't come soon enough.... Nebraska is irrelevant and that type of money does not stand for that....boosters are figuring it out for you....Eichorst is scrambling....I'm not liking what I'm hearing... We're in a dark place as a football team...the money is pissed off!

This is where the real influence lies. I don't know about the coaching moves, but I have heard of the booster grumblings.

As related to me, a booster who supposedly spends 3k/homegame setting up something in the way of tailgating and hospitality is fed up. "Advertising outside Memorial Stadium right now is like having someone in a costume dancing on the street in front of a funeral home, it ain't worth 3k a pop." I haven't been tailgating this year so I can't vouch for the mood outside. :confucius

Well reports of the beer sales being off as much as 20% can't be good. But, one might argue that when times are tough as they are now, people would be drinking more than usual just to cope with the problems. LOL

Did we have 3 on the OL, or was it 2 with as much outside extra help as possible for Cotton?I guess I just don't see, if Stew is out as DBs coach, who is coaching the DBs the rest of the year? If he's out anyway, what's the point in telling him now under threat of no recommendation vs making the call at the end of the year?Strong at Texas changed up playcalling duties, but that's not really what these rumors are. Seems wild.

Well, Watson was demoted by Strong, and the rumors on Shaggy suggest he no longer has a job after the season...so it's not far-fetched...

I would be behind Riley 100% if a guy like Frost came in as OC and was groomed to be HC in waiting....that would give me so much comfort knowing I could get behind Riley and now he was teaching one of our future head coaches, and a future HC was being groomed.

That would make sense.

Honest question and I am not trying to be a smartass. Other than being a former Husker QB, what makes Frost qualified to be a HC here? I thought that the complaint was that we needed a big "splash" hire and Scott is not it. He's not Harbaugh who wins everywhere he goes in which UM was lucky enough that SF was stupid enough to fire him or they would be in the same shape as we are in. If anything Frost's warts are showing now that he doesn't have a Heisman winning QB when it comes to being an OC. The sad truth is that nobody in the TO coaching tree has turned out to be good enough to be the HC at NU. Frost may get there one day, but let him continue to learn at another school. The program was already hurt twice because of TO hiring guys who had no HC experience at the D1 level and as a program we are better than that. I just like everyone on here would have loved TO to have groomed someone (or if he did, Frank didn't listen very closely) to take his place and kept the program where it was at, but that didn't happen. Now we are left with this and it sucks for all of us.

And don't take this as saying that Riley is the answer either, all I know is that he is here and he needs time to fix the mess that Bo left us in. He wasn't one of my top guys to hire either, but wishing for another former husker to cut his teeth at NU is not the answer and it is going to keep us right where we are at with no hope of winning anything meaningful.

• Fire 1

I would be behind Riley 100% if a guy like Frost came in as OC and was groomed to be HC in waiting....that would give me so much comfort knowing I could get behind Riley and now he was teaching one of our future head coaches, and a future HC was being groomed.

That would make sense.

Honest question and I am not trying to be a smartass. Other than being a former Husker QB, what makes Frost qualified to be a HC here? I thought that the complaint was that we needed a big "splash" hire and Scott is not it. He's not Harbaugh who wins everywhere he goes in which UM was lucky enough that SF was stupid enough to fire him or they would be in the same shape as we are in. If anything Frost's warts are showing now that he doesn't have a Heisman winning QB when it comes to being an OC. The sad truth is that nobody in the TO coaching tree has turned out to be good enough to be the HC at NU. Frost may get there one day, but let him continue to learn at another school. The program was already hurt twice because of TO hiring guys who had no HC experience at the D1 level and as a program we are better than that. I just like everyone on here would have loved TO to have groomed someone (or if he did, Frank didn't listen very closely) to take his place and kept the program where it was at, but that didn't happen. Now we are left with this and it sucks for all of us.

And don't take this as saying that Riley is the answer either, all I know is that he is here and he needs time to fix the mess that Bo left us in. He wasn't one of my top guys to hire either, but wishing for another former husker to cut his teeth at NU is not the answer and it is going to keep us right where we are at with no hope of winning anything meaningful.

Thinking of a young coach who will be ready in a few years. And although may not be fully ready when given the reigns, can mold into a good head coach.

Also, at this point in time, a Nebraska guy might be the only type of person willing to take the Nebraska job.

Other than Frost, I don't know what other coach wants to come here, especially after what is going on right now.

The program was already hurt twice because of TO hiring guys who had no HC experience at the D1 level and as a program we are better than that.

There is no evidence that first time head coaches won't be good because of lack of experience, or that experienced head coaches WILL be good because they have head coaching experiences. That doesn't matter. At all.

As for Frost, he's one of the biggest coordinator names in the country and he's gonna get a shot soon. It's not like his offense is exactly terrible this season - not where it was with Mr. Universe Mariota, but it's still pretty solid overall.

Not only that, but he's been exposed to just about everything you could. The only thing missing from his resume is actually having head coaching experience, but like I said, that is no indicator of whether or not you'll be any good. He's studied or been a coach under Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichick, Jon Gruden, Tom Osborne, and Chip Kelly, spending time as a Linebackers Coach, Defensive Coordinator, Receivers Coach, Quarterbacks Coach, and Offensive Coordinator, as well as obviously playing quarterback and safety.