What Did We Learn - Wisconsin

Mavric

Why, if Wisconsin won the toss and deferred, did Nebraska NOT have the wind in the fourth quarter of the game?

Riley was quoted in his press conference talking about the wind decision:

"What we missed today was sustaining much offense for any period of time especially when we had some momentum, had the wind in the third quarter, which I was hoping we would capitalize on."

In the 3rd quarter Nebraska had the wind at their backs, and had 17 offensive plays, 13 of which happened in Wisconsin territory, for a grand total of 41 yards and 0 points.

• Fire 1

No matter if there's 1 minute or 1 second on the clock, this staff will find a way to cough up the lead. I swear if I hear the "hey we're a few plays away from being 5-1 or 6-0" my head will explode. This team is a few plays away from being 1-5. We had all the momentum in the world at the end and still blew it. Our last offensive drive was an absolutely pathetic effort. Langsdorf calling three straight run plays because the "pass" didn't work last week. IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATION. Wisconsin has a timeout, you are really counting on Janovich to flex his superman muscles again? You are really counting on Cross at the end of the game, on two straight runs? This "luck" won't change people because it's bad coaching. And this staff has a whole lot of experience...of being bad coaches.

Not even going to comment on the defense. Nothing was learned there, it is what it has been.

• Fire 2

4 losses at this point is unacceptable. We should have no more than 2 losses with this team.

We are not using players to their abilities. We are going with round hole square peg approach and it is really costing us.

The offense is regressing. TA is regressing. We have no identity on offense. The play calls on the last drive were pathetically awful.

Secondary is still the worst in the country. Bad all around and can't cover. Rose has regressed. Need to play more zone to actually see the ball in the air and close out...Kalu can do this at times.

I am done with Gerry. Look at his plays...always trailing the play, taking bad angles, slow afoot. We need a ballhawk not a DB who is there to touch the player down at the end of a big play.

Thought the DL played better with return of VV. Freedom was missed. We did put some pressure on Stave at times.

DPE does not look like he is in shape to play.

Jano is all effort and that is all we really have right now.

M. Newby played well on defense. Keep him in the game.

Turner and Wilbon...nowhere to be found.

Penalties continue.

We can't even snap the ball. Poor snaps lead to bad run plays and sweeps/misdirections are so poor that my youth flag football team performs them at a higher level.

First time I broke something after a Husker loss. So annoying to know you are going to lose once you give the ball back. Knew we'd lost here just like I did with BYU.

Done watching live as it just ruins Saturdays. I'll DVR, get the final score, and watch as needed. Maybe I'll only waste an hour or so instead of entire afternoons.

Riley is in for a long turn around process as he changes this team. Personnel does not seem to fit. Tough to see as Michigan and Florida are instant turn around success stories and we got a long haul ahead of us.

Season is no longer about wins and losses but looking for the players that are going to fit in this system. Jano is the only success story. Keep the fullback. Build the OL, get a TE, I like Tommy but he is not the QB for the way this offense is structured.

Defense will not work unless we recruit at an extremely high level.

If we are not recruiting exceptionally well, don't expect much to improve.

Patience...everyone is going to need it.

• Fire 1

The Badgers’ leading rusher is a converted walk-on defensive back. The tailback who scored a go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter is a true freshman who played linebacker until about a month ago.

The offensive line, because of injury, started its fourth new group in six games. The defense has its share of nicks and knocks, too.

OWH