When 90K sounds like 900K

Saunders

I personally thought the moment was funny. I saw how happy the fans and players were knowing Wisconsin had outplayed Nebraska while also knowing our pass defense wasn't going to hold.

I wasn't excited watching the moment at all, I figured Wisconsin would give themselves an opportunity (they moved the ball downfield easily twice) with the wind and a decent kicker.

Dr. Strangelove, do you pour your own piss in your Cheerios?

No, am I the only one who thought we would lose? Nebraska cannot defend the pass with any sort of confidence, no lead is safe (see Southern Miss). Until we can reliably prevent a team from scoring when it matters, I'll continue to watch games at the edge of my seat and will only celebrate when the clock hits 0:00 with the lead.

Dr. Strangelove, do you pour your own piss in your Cheerios?

No, am I the only one who thought we would lose? Nebraska cannot defend the pass with any sort of confidence, no lead is safe (see Southern Miss). Until we can reliably prevent a team from scoring when it matters, I'll continue to watch games at the edge of my seat and will only celebrate when the clock hits 0:00 with the lead.
I think most of us realized the game wasn't over but we can still have a lot of joy over the touchdown. It was just a great play
  • Fire 1

The attitude of this team and coaching staff is much different in the past. That was a really cool scene.

In 2008 when Nate Swift had a punt return touchdown against Virginia Tech, a lot of people on here were complaining about the players dancing and jumping around on the sidelines afterwards :lol:

The attitude of this team and coaching staff is much different in the past. That was a really cool scene.

In 2008 when Nate Swift had a punt return touchdown against Virginia Tech, a lot of people on here were complaining about the players dancing and jumping around on the sidelines afterwards :lol:

Thats sad to hear. I think anything that connects the fans and the players in a positive manner is something that needs to catch on.

Not trying to say force anything, but I like the idea if the offense or defense makes a huge play later in the game that turns the game around or hopefully (eventually) puts the game away, reward the players with something to get down to.

I'm not quite a blue hair...only 58. But my son, who just go out of the Air Force after 8 years, and I will be at the Iowa game...and the two of us are always loud. While the song in that video isn't some good old James Gang or Deep Purple, if they play it, we will be jumping and shouting for sure... (hmmmmmm....Deep Purple "Burn" might be a good stadium song after a pic-6 or something... :-) )

I personally thought the moment was funny. I saw how happy the fans and players were knowing Wisconsin had outplayed Nebraska while also knowing our pass defense wasn't going to hold.

I wasn't excited watching the moment at all, I figured Wisconsin would give themselves an opportunity (they moved the ball downfield easily twice) with the wind and a decent kicker.

I just imagined everyone in the crowd reacting like you did, and just not making a sound.....it's a really really awkward visual I gotta say

I just imagined everyone in the crowd reacting like you did, and just not making a sound.....it's a really really awkward visual I gotta say

No kidding. It's college football. It's supposed to be fun. Let the kids go crazy after a big play.

The excitement wasnt the game. It was the playcall. And the result. For a few minutes, even the bluehairs thought it was 1994 again. Shpulda played "Whoop there it is"

That's a valid point.

Considering our lack of success against Wisconsin, considering the moment Nebraska seemed to turn the corner against them. I really felt the game wasn't in hand at all, I let myself believe during the first missed FG however.

The excitement wasnt the game. It was the playcall. And the result. For a few minutes, even the bluehairs thought it was 1994 again. Shpulda played "Whoop there it is"

That's a valid point.

Considering our lack of success against Wisconsin, considering the moment Nebraska seemed to turn the corner against them. I really felt the game wasn't in hand at all, I let myself believe during the first missed FG however.

For godsakes man just enjoy the game! I know our pass defense is terrible and has cost us many games (the few posts I have this season fully acknowledge that, and share my concern/frustration), but I can still live in the moment. I still had hope right up until Wisconsin fell on the ball after the kick off. Crazy things can and will happen in college football. What's the point of watching a game if your just going to be pissed and you're already certain of a negative outcome?
  • Fire 1