When 90K sounds like 900K

Saunders

I am kinda surprised the athletic department is pushing that video. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but moments like that are dead to me unless we win. Would people show Alex Henery's FG against Colorado on a highlight reel of classic games if Colorado came back to win on a last-second FG of their own? Doubtful.

I am kinda surprised the athletic department is pushing that video. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but moments like that are dead to me unless we win. Would people show Alex Henery's FG against Colorado on a highlight reel of classic games if Colorado came back to win on a last-second FG of their own? Doubtful.

If anything it shows just how passionate the Husker fans and players are about this program. We're 2-3 and the crowd is going crazy as if we won a national championship. Sam Mckewon mentioned it in his podcast this week, where else would you find a sold out stadium with that kind of energy for a 2-3 team? No where else in the country. That's what they're pushing. No place like Nebraska

• Fire 1

Brian Christopherson has a small write-up about the video put out by the Athletic Department and the song played in the stadium. I agree with what he says here. It's a great song, and it gets the crowd going, but they shouldn't force things. They should keep it tucked away and bring it out for big moments in key games. If it gets overused, it loses the "specialness" about it.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/article_10dc10dc-72bd-11e5-9e2a-e7adb591d824.html#.Vh7R86HAhmg.twitter

• Fire 3

If anything it shows just how passionate the Husker fans and players are about this program. We're 2-3 and the crowd is going crazy as if we won a national championship. Sam Mckewon mentioned it in his podcast this week, where else would you find a sold out stadium with that kind of energy for a 2-3 team? No where else in the country. That's what they're pushing. No place like Nebraska

I love the FB up the middle. When it results in a TD it is just gravy :)

As much as losing that game was a bummer, you can't sour that run for me. One of my favorite moments in Husker football in a long damn time.

We had friends over for dinner at the last minute, (not FB fans) and I was so excited I jumped out of my chair and wacked the ceiling fan above my head.

• Fire 2

Brian Christopherson has a small write-up about the video put out by the Athletic Department and the song played in the stadium. I agree with what he says here. It's a great song, and it gets the crowd going, but they shouldn't force things. They should keep it tucked away and bring it out for big moments in key games. If it gets overused, it loses the "specialness" about it.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/article_10dc10dc-72bd-11e5-9e2a-e7adb591d824.html#.Vh7R86HAhmg.twitter

Tell that to Wisconsin about the jump around song...

I was at the game also and it was crazy. My wife said the only thing that could have made that moment better is if they started playing the Whip song and the players started dancing to that while waiting for the kickoff.

I have been to a lot of games and that moment ranks up there as one of the best.

• Fire 1

As much as losing that game was a bummer, you can't sour that run for me. One of my favorite moments in Husker football in a long damn time.

We had friends over for dinner at the last minute, (not FB fans) and I was so excited I jumped out of my chair and wacked the ceiling fan above my head.

girls_who_just_cant_03.gif

(I can personally guarantee, this had to have hurt like a mother father! I stood up on a chair one time, forgetting the ceiling fan above me, and that sucker caught me on the back of the head! GOTDAYUM that hurt)

i mean the fact we had to make a field goal to win that game was sad. Doesn't make the feat less awesome. There have been awesome moments in husker losses before, and there will be again. Guess what, you Are being a Debbie downer and I'm not sure I believe you don't want to be. Idc about anything else, that play was awesome and the atmosphere looked amazing (wasn't there)

I jumped outta my chair an was hootin'n'hollarin all by my lonesome. Any fullback run that goes yard, or just for a big gain is a thing of beauty. Shades of Schlesinger...

girls_who_just_cant_03.gif

(I can personally guarantee, this had to have hurt like a mother father! I stood up on a chair one time, forgetting the ceiling fan above me, and that sucker caught me on the back of the head! GOTDAYUM that hurt)

Yeah.... I'm kinda tall, so I've done it a few times. Did it before in our bedroom putting a shirt on. Put my arm up through the sleeve and got lit the hell up.