Regardless of what most of the armchair coaches say..

He did ok until the 4th. The series where Newby ran for a first and then they threw 3 straight passes was not good at all... then the wasted time-out... then of course the pass play to Westerkamp that he was VERY fortunate to catch. He did everything he could to allow the Gophers to get back in the game, but luckily our defense was stout, we got some lucky bounces, and the Minnesota coaches made some questionable decisions.

Agree. Riley almost let Minny back in the game. If we had let them get that on side kick, we likely lose the game in OT. Amazing. No reason we let them get so close. The game was a nail biter than ended with a large point margin but the game was about 'even'.

The closest they got in the fourth quarter was 13. And the defense shut the door when they needed to.

Besides those three straight passes on that drive in the 4th quarter it was a great game by Langsdorf. People complained about the pass to Westerkamp on that one 3rd down, but I thought that was a great play call. If he called a run on that 3rd down it'd be the same situation as last week, and you'd basically be handing the ball back to Minnesota. Hope to see this run/pass balance continue

We needed what, 3 yards? He lobs it up for 15 on a low percentage completion catch. Thankfully he is clutch in those situations most weeks.

If he is indeed clutch in those situations most weeks, then it's not a bad playcall. You call plays to your players strengths, including them being able to be clutch in those situations.

I'm not gonna bitch about it, it worked. Just stating that we are lucky he is clutch enough to do so. You get dependent on that though and....well you end up losing a lot.

If you reread posts and threads from the last two weeks, and watched the game, I think this was near a complaintless game. They ran the ball with bad intentions, and passed the ball well when needed.

Run game set up the passing game. Newby is progressing, Armstrong looked like an an All Big 10 QB.

DPE looked better, but you can tell he is not at 100% yet. Watch out when he is........

I was good with the play calling except for that series in the 4th quarter that everyone is mentioning. That one about gave me an aneurysm...................one eye shut like, "really, this isn't happening right?!" :lol:

Oh, I know. I was losing it when we passed it 3 straight times after picking up a first down on the ground.

• Fire 1

I was good with the play calling except for that series in the 4th quarter that everyone is mentioning. That one about gave me an aneurysm...................one eye shut like, "really, this isn't happening right?!" :lol:

Yeah, I could see the first down play. Just had a good run and then try to catch them off guard with the deep ball. But on the 2nd and 3rd down plays, I was like really?

Yeah, I could see the first down play. Just had a good run and then try to catch them off guard with the deep ball. But on the 2nd and 3rd down plays, I was like really?

Yup, this. Minnesota was getting beaten at the LOS. Need to impose your will at that point.

Is it possible to call an entire game without something the fans will complain about? I doubt it is.

0.0% possibility

BTW I was not a fan of the 3 passes and out series but it did take some ballz to try it. Then later we hit the 3rd down conversion to Westy when he was covered. We seem pretty serious about acting like a team that will chuck it any dang time we want to and expect the players to perform. That's not a bad thing. Risky, yep. But we aren't going to own any decent team with an RB dominant offense this year IMO.

Is it possible to call an entire game without something the fans will complain about? I doubt it is.

WHY DOES HE KEEP RUNNING THE OPTION TO THE SHORT SIDE OF THE FIELD???? UUGH!!!

#FireOsborne

:D

I admit I did use to say this sometimes :-)

I think Langsdorf called a damn good game! I thought the playcalling was an A-! Defensively, I have no idea why our cb's play 8 yards off, it makes me wonder if they don't trust our corners in press man to man coverage.

I think this game and the wisconsin game were the best coached/played games.