How do other teams view Nebraska?

"So next week, weplay Nebraska". What does that mean to most teams?

We are no longer the team to beat. We have become the ISU of the B1G. We are the team everyone overlooks. Our fans our in denial, but the truth is, our only glory this season is going to be upsetting other teams.

I think it's time I've accepted this...

• Fire 2

"So next week, weplay Nebraska". What does that mean to most teams?

We are no longer the team to beat. We have become the ISU of the B1G. We are the team everyone overlooks. Our fans our in denial, but the truth is, our only glory this season is going to be upsetting other teams.

I think it's time I've accepted this...

That's not true.

• Fire 1

Our program still has a certain mystique to it. Opposing fanbases and players still view Nebraska with some reverence, even in our down years. They view Nebraska a lot better than a lot of our own fans online do. Hell, you should have heard what Connor Cook and others said about their favorite road venue in the B1G (it being Nebraska).

• Fire 1

How do other teams' fans feel about Nebraska? Well, here are how some NW fans feel: LINK

Coming off back-to-back losses by 30-or-more points, Northwestern's stock has plummeted. Now 5-2 overall and 1-2 in the Big Ten, the Wildcats have opened as a 6.5-point underdog at Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are 3-4 overall and 1-2 in conference, but are coming off a 48-25 win at Minnesota. Earlier this season, Northwestern defeated Minnesota 27-0. Saturday's game in Lincoln is scheduled for 11 a.m. CT.

posted by Josh Rosenblat on Oct 18, 2015

NU is dead. Long live UNL. (NUance note: NU = Northwestern in their world)

by NJCat on Oct 18, 2015 | 4:14 PM

Transitive property tells me we're better than UNL by 2 points.

Factor in home field, and it’s UNL (-1) at best.

I can't possibly understand what else must have happened to lead them to a Nebraska (-6.5) line.

by MNWildcat on Oct 18, 2015 | 4:35 PM

Might be because we can barely score 6.5 points

nobody likes a 40 degree day

by illadelphia wildcat on Oct 18, 2015 | 4:43 PM

Nebraska won a game in the last 3 weeks, and is playing at home. We collapsed after a strong start

by phatcat on Oct 18, 2015 | 5:45 PM

• Fire 1

I'm not hopeful Northwestern can beat Nebraska like I did 3 weeks ago. Too many problems with the offense now. Nebraska is a good team, a few plays here and there and their record would be a lot different. I would feel worse if Nebraska lost to Iowa, than if Northwestern lost to Nebraska. I don't think any team except Nebraska has a good shot at taking down Iowa, before the Big 10 Championship. The Big 10 is really becoming a great conference to watch --BUT someone has to take down Iowa..

• Fire 4

I'm not hopeful Northwestern can beat Nebraska like I did 3 weeks ago. Too many problems with the offense now. Nebraska is a good team, a few plays here and there and their record would be a lot different. I would feel worse if Nebraska lost to Iowa, than if Northwestern lost to Nebraska. I don't think any team except Nebraska has a good shot at taking down Iowa, before the Big 10 Championship. The Big 10 is really becoming a great conference to watch --BUT someone has to take down Iowa..

Hopefully we don't worry about Iowa until we take care of you guys! :D

I'm still not confident about beating you guys. What happened to your team? You guys looked good taking down Stanford and Duke.

Nebraska is stil a known program. Not as relevant as it once was, but still known by students. We beat Nebraska last year still makes a bigger impact on recruits than most teams in the country. As a recruit, would you be more impressed to hear we beat Duke, or we beat Nebraska? Duke is 5-1, lost to Northwestern (with a lead at half) and beat GT who was ranked when they played?

Oh I think it will be a dogfight. NW has given us all we can handle these past four years. GBR!