How do other teams view Nebraska?

I think we are looked at a lot like Miami, sans the thug persona, in that we were a once dominant program that is no longer nationally relevant. I also think teams that are up and coming programs love to play "pay back" and still gauge their progress on beating us. I tend to be a little negative lately, but so hope our return to dominance is two years away. Next year, I hope we are competitive.

For god sakes we have lost four games by a total of 11 points. We are competitive.

Nebraska is not a power, has not been for quite awhile. We gave the past staff 7 years to get their heads out of their asses, and we give this guy 7 games. Truly how stupid does that sound.

This has nothing to do with the Minney game. Has not proven to me he can get it done off of one game, but sure as hell willing to give him a chance.

As to being 62, looking at him, my guess is he is in far better shape than most of the couch potatoes on here. I am 68, still run a division for a large phone company, ride my bicycle 100 to 200 miles a week, and compete in track, mountain biking and cycling. He has plenty of time, no one is saying Saben is dying.

I see NU winning by 10-14 points.

I also think that NU will beat and 8-0 MSU and an 11-0 Iowa.

The only game that I'm afraid of at this point for a NU fan, is Rutgers. They scare me to death.

You and I both. Rutgers' stadium is not very big but their fans can get pretty rowdy. This is the one game I have had circled all year just a feeling that the Rutgers game is the one to watch.

Last year was the only Northwestern game that wasn't decided in the final minutes. This year's game should be a battle.

Maybe, maybe not. NW has the worst Offense in the conference, and their QB is worse than Leidner, so we may hold him to under 300 yards. From a Yards per play stat, only Kent State and UCF are worse in the country.

The only thing preventing a Husker win would be Nebraska playing poorly, which they are capable of.

I see NU winning by 10-14 points.

I also think that NU will beat and 8-0 MSU and an 11-0 Iowa.

The only game that I'm afraid of at this point for a NU fan, is Rutgers. They scare me to death.

You and I both. Rutgers' stadium is not very big but their fans can get pretty rowdy. This is the one game I have had circled all year just a feeling that the Rutgers game is the one to watch.

Yeah, for sure. Leonte Caroo could end up with 300 yards receiving in that game.

As long as Rutgers calls passing plays like this, we might just be okay

I guess you didn't hear of Nebraska's 3rd and 7 pass play that wasn't supposed to be a pass but turned into one anyway, have you? :hmmph It pretty much accomplished the same thing as spiking the ball on fourth down.

I can tell you that a lot of Iowa fans still look at Nebraska (yes even this year with all that has happened in the closing seconds of games) and see a team that can find a way to pull out the most ridiculous wins if given even the slightest seam to do so. In the past several years there have been a couple of games per season that most people would have left you for dead and yet your team found a way (Ohio State your first year, Iowa last year). Even this year you could argue that you were dead in the water against Miami and yet you found a way to come back and put the game into OT. The breaks haven't gone your way at the very end of games this year but until the clock hits 0 and the scoreboard says you lost, the game isn't over and you keep fighting. Maybe the bad breaks this year are an indication of where this new staff is leading you with regards to the mental toughness but I really don't think that is the case.

• Fire 1

I can tell you that a lot of Iowa fans still look at Nebraska (yes even this year with all that has happened in the closing seconds of games) and see a team that can find a way to pull out the most ridiculous wins if given even the slightest seam to do so. In the past several years there have been a couple of games per season that most people would have left you for dead and yet your team found a way (Ohio State your first year, Iowa last year). Even this year you could argue that you were dead in the water against Miami and yet you found a way to come back and put the game into OT. The breaks haven't gone your way at the very end of games this year but until the clock hits 0 and the scoreboard says you lost, the game isn't over and you keep fighting. Maybe the bad breaks this year are an indication of where this new staff is leading you with regards to the mental toughness but I really don't think that is the case.

It seems like it's a big deal to beat Nebraska, whether Nebraska is 10-2 or 2-10. Is that an accurate perception?