ST Coordinator

C N Red

our ST's have sucked for a long time.......nothing new with this regime...MOTS.

Last year, Nebraska was ranked #1 in Special Teams Efficiency. This year is a MAJOR step back.

Not to mention we're now paying a guy who's sole job is special teams.

I believe last game we had 2 or three penalties on special teams. And that was just in the first quarter. You'd think a guy who gets paid 500k a year to focus entirely on special teams, could get the unit to play disciplined. He doesn't even recruit which makes it even worse

I am on the fence with this dedicated ST coach. I'm willing to concede the importance of ST, and in theory it could make sense to have a ST coach (in reality, it's not much different from having another coach also coach ST), but we're not seeing the kind of results that are going to sell me. I suppose we should be patient with it and give it a chance to work, but goddammit, isn't anything going to look good without a bunch of waiting? I mean, throw us a bone here.

I am on the fence with this dedicated ST coach. I'm willing to concede the importance of ST, and in theory it could make sense to have a ST coach (in reality, it's not much different from having another coach also coach ST), but we're not seeing the kind of results that are going to sell me. I suppose we should be patient with it and give it a chance to work, but goddammit, isn't anything going to look good without a bunch of waiting? I mean, throw us a bone here.

I think we should have a special teams coach, as long as the special teams coach recruits. If you're only going to focus on special teams and not recruit like Read you had better make sure that your special teams is rock solid and doesn't regress from 1st to middle of the pack.