Will Armstrong ride the pine the rest of the year?

Dansker

I think some people are confusing Frank's recruiting lapses of judgement with Tom's. Frank was the one that refused to look at Reggie Bush who twice flew to Lincoln on his own dime to be a Husker RB. Frank finally said he could give it a shot at DB. I have a friend who was personally involved in this sage and knows the details.

You've just lost any chance at any credibility whatsoever.

Maybe Tommy could finish up early and transfer to Oregon for post grad work.

That would make Oregon really happy and it would probably make an uniformed segment of NU fans, which is apparently quite large, happy as well.

Are you saying that Tommy is better than the "uninformed" fans are giving him credit for, or that our backups are worse?

My Prediction:

Fyfe goes down/gets replaced halfway through the third quarter by Jamal Turner. He goes 30/32 300 yards in 22 minutes of gametime and pushes us to a 40 point win. He then leads us to win out and somehow magically we win our division and then beat tOSU in conference title game. Then we beat Utah in the Rose Bowl.

Did I do that right?

Assuming the two missed passes were a drop and a very wise throwaway to avoid a sack, yes.

Of course! The drop was actually to himself, he forgot he was in at QB and missed himself as a target. Refs flagged it as intentional grounding.

Maybe Tommy could finish up early and transfer to Oregon for post grad work.

That would make Oregon really happy and it would probably make an uniformed segment of NU fans, which is apparently quite large, happy as well.

Are you saying that Tommy is better than the "uninformed" fans are giving him credit for, or that our backups are worse?

That he's much better than our uninformed fans believe (or at least claim in order to cling to the hope the current staff is an upgrade).

I think some people are confusing Frank's recruiting lapses of judgement with Tom's. Frank was the one that refused to look at Reggie Bush who twice flew to Lincoln on his own dime to be a Husker RB. Frank finally said he could give it a shot at DB. I have a friend who was personally involved in this sage and knows the details.

You've just lost any chance at any credibility whatsoever.

What, you don't think the guy that identified and recruited Mike Rozier wanted to turn the #1 RB prospect in the country into a defensive back?

I think some people are confusing Frank's recruiting lapses of judgement with Tom's. Frank was the one that refused to look at Reggie Bush who twice flew to Lincoln on his own dime to be a Husker RB. Frank finally said he could give it a shot at DB. I have a friend who was personally involved in this sage and knows the details. Frank often refused to look at the one's that turned out as great players. Danny Woodhead was told 'He was too small and too slow!" and so Frank took instead little 'porkchop' Cory Ross who was a very decent little slow RB with good quickness and good heart. A true Husker certainly but no way was he better than Woodhead who set mindboggling records and I believe may still be in the NFL.

I'm pretty sure Frank would've offered Woodhead before signing day.

There is a reason Fyfe is the back up.

There was a reason Osborne didn't offer Barry Sanders a scholarship...it just turned out it wasn't a very good one...

Key me rephrase that then:

Fyfe is the backup because Tommy Armstrong is a better QB/Athlete/Runner/Passer/Decision maker.

I'm just wondering how you know this.

There was a reason Osborne didn't offer Barry Sanders a scholarship...it just turned out it wasn't a very good one...

Fyfe is the backup because Tommy Armstrong is a better QB/Athlete/Runner/Passer/Decision maker.

I have my doubts on those two criteria.

Watch the game, you'll understand how I know it.

Watch the game, you'll understand how I know it.

I still don't understand. Why should I watch the game when you already know? What ability or information do you have to know this?

Well, I for one am going to watch the game.

Since nobody knows how long Armstrong is going to be on the sidelines, this will be a very interesting rest of the season and I hope Fyfe and the Huskers do well, though I feel Purdue's pain...so I hope Nebraska beats Purdue and then Purdue wins out. :thumbs

Unless Ryker is 'lights out' like the other thread suggests I just don't see Armstrong being unseated. Of course his injury could unseat him by default. I think it would be really cool to see Fyfe come in and actually look good on Saturday. Purdue is the perfect opponent for breaking in a new QB besides maybe Southern Alabama in terms of what team would you most like to have to do that against on our schedule.

Armstrong has the strong arm and has good/decent running ability. It's the other intangibles however that have so many questioning whether or not he is truly our guy at QB and it is certainly going to be interesting next year with O'Brien coming in. One second Tommy looks great. The next he's throwing the ball into the ground nowhere close to the receiver. The pick 6's. He's actually a lot more like Taylor Martinez than people talk about in terms of having good yet bad characteristics as a player.

• Fire 1