Will Armstrong ride the pine the rest of the year?

Dansker

I'm going to go out on a limb for my prediction. Fyfe plays well enough to get the 20-30 point victory we should get regardless of who is at QB. Our game plan will be to run the ball and he makes enough plays to keep the team moving down field, but doesn't do anything outstanding to make him the obvious better QB. Then next week Tommy will start and people will start screaming for Fyfe to play when he struggles against MSU citing how well Ryker did against Purdue when he got a chance to play. Then he will come in and everyone will realize that Fyfe isn't the solution to all of our struggles and there is a reason why TA was the starter all year. Tommy will be the starter until he graduates. The end.

But I can predict Fyfe wont try to go to his left and then try to turn and scramble the other way to all in all take a sack and lose 10-15 yards on every other 3rd down.

Neither one will be starting next season so it really doesn't matter.

I kind of think the same exact thing and I also think the staff my sort of be thinking "Hmmmm...we can sit our starter the rest of the year, start Fyfe for the last 4 games and have a bit of an excuse for losing"

Wow...just wow!

I know, I know how it sounds but they know this season is lost. They know TA is dinged up. So you have the back up in and it changes the theme. Heck look how many "Hey, this is Riley's first year coaching at NU" posts there are...it would be that same type of thing with the backup QB in.

I'm sure the players and coaches haven't quit on this season like you have.

• Fire 2

I kind of think the same exact thing and I also think the staff my sort of be thinking "Hmmmm...we can sit our starter the rest of the year, start Fyfe for the last 4 games and have a bit of an excuse for losing"

Wow...just wow!

I know, I know how it sounds but they know this season is lost. They know TA is dinged up. So you have the back up in and it changes the theme. Heck look how many "Hey, this is Riley's first year coaching at NU" posts there are...it would be that same type of thing with the backup QB in.

Tell you what, if you read some other boards all you read is that the players have quit or are tanking.

http://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/5-losses-by-13-points.65840/page-2

I'm going to go out on a limb for my prediction. Fyfe plays well enough to get the 20-30 point victory we should get regardless of who is at QB. Our game plan will be to run the ball and he makes enough plays to keep the team moving down field, but doesn't do anything outstanding to make him the obvious better QB. Then next week Tommy will start and people will start screaming for Fyfe to play when he struggles against MSU citing how well Ryker did against Purdue when he got a chance to play. Then he will come in and everyone will realize that Fyfe isn't the solution to all of our struggles and there is a reason why TA was the starter all year. Tommy will be the starter until he graduates. The end.

But I can predict Fyfe wont try to go to his left and then try to turn and scramble the other way to all in all take a sack and lose 10-15 yards on every other 3rd down.

You can't coach athletic ability like that.

Wow...just wow!

Tell you what, if you read some other boards all you read is that the players have quit or are tanking.

Tell you what, go into the locker room and say that.

Wow...just wow!

Tell you what, go into the locker room and say that.

I don't think the players have quit at all!

This is an excellent predictiion. Odds are pretty high on most everything. Of course, there is a chance things could go differently. That asteroid on halloween may actually be going to hit Earth and of course the governments of the world have decided not to tell us the 'bad news'. In which case, we won't have to worry about how the season ends up so we can just say "Nevermind!"

This is an excellent predictiion. Odds are pretty high on most everything. Of course, there is a chance things could go differently. That asteroid on halloween may actually be going to hit Earth and of course the governments of the world have decided not to tell us the 'bad news'. In which case, we won't have to worry about how the season ends up so we can just say "Nevermind!"

Ha! I love it!

Interesting since we haven't seen that this year.

I think some people are confusing Frank's recruiting lapses of judgement with Tom's. Frank was the one that refused to look at Reggie Bush who twice flew to Lincoln on his own dime to be a Husker RB. Frank finally said he could give it a shot at DB. I have a friend who was personally involved in this sage and knows the details. Frank often refused to look at the one's that turned out as great players. Danny Woodhead was told 'He was too small and too slow!" and so Frank took instead little 'porkchop' Cory Ross who was a very decent little slow RB with good quickness and good heart. A true Husker certainly but no way was he better than Woodhead who set mindboggling records and I believe may still be in the NFL.

God was only being prepared in case the Cubs made the World Series. They didn't, so we don't have to worry about it.