Overtime: Purdue Post-game Overreaction

Mavric

Not defending them, but I'm sure they weren't too psyched about playing us for the 2nd year in a row, just like when we played Washington twice in the same year.

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't win" -- as I've already pointed out, he's won multiple conference championships and BCS bowls, and many felt that the team that smashed Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl was the best team in the country that year. If that's "can't win," I'll take it.

So, Nebraska did not have to get up to play Georgia twice? Right now, Nebraska has a serious problem with the mindset of the team. If Rocht can't get his guys to play one game, how do you expected him to turn around an entire culture? Also, he had fire under his ass the first seven year, but in the last eight, no conference championships. Bo had Nebraska in the championship game literally every other year, but playing in the big game and winning the big game are two different things. I wonder want has tempered Richt's fire to keep him from winning more championships? Not really interested to see that play out here.

More to the point, Nebraska not only needs a winning HC, they need a program builder (e.g., Saban, Harbaugh, Dantonio). The next HC is not going to be stepping into a winning program coaching players with a winner's mentally. The next HC is going to have to make these guys work and by in to the :bigredn:

Its been 6 hrs since the end of the game and Eichorst has not been fired yet. WTF is going on. This is unacceptable to wait this long. This should have been announced within an hour of the end of the game. We need to hold the administration accountable

:facepalm: another worthless post.

Just as your face palm posts are...

I guarantee all that will happen is that Eichorst will tell Riley that staff changes must be made, Riley will say ok, and that will be enough to satisfy the suits for now.

No, Riley won't be asked to clean house. This option isn't even on the table.

Ok Mr. New Sockpuppet, dont come in and just say serious deliberations, and this or that isnt an option. What are specifics? Post in rumorville at least.

• Fire 2

Riley shouldn't be asked to clean house and I hope Eichorst (nor anyone else) asks him to. He will need to own this program and what he does with it -- and that includes his hiring choices.

He's going to have some pretty interesting calls to make. At the end of year 1, I don't know how common it is to start dismissing assistants. But he's got to be concerned that some things are just not working out, right?

For my part, my focus right now is mostly (exclusively?) on secondary coach Brian Stewart. Sweet balls of fire, what a mess.

Riley shouldn't be asked to clean house and I hope Eichorst (nor anyone else) asks him to. He will need to own this program and what he does with it -- and that includes his hiring choices.

He's going to have some pretty interesting calls to make. At the end of year 1, I don't know how common it is to start dismissing assistants. But he's got to be concerned that some things are just not working out, right?

For my part, my focus right now is mostly (exclusively?) on secondary coach Brian Stewart. Sweet balls of fire, what a mess.

Riley seems like a smart guy, so you would think so. I always wonder what goes on behind the scenes in situations like this, things like, what are the coaches thinking the causes of the problems are and what plans do they have to fix these things. Obviously, we don't get to see/hear these things so all we get to do is wonder about them.

• Fire 1

Its been 6 hrs since the end of the game and Eichorst has not been fired yet. WTF is going on. This is unacceptable to wait this long. This should have been announced within an hour of the end of the game. We need to hold the administration accountable

:facepalm: another worthless post.

Just as your face palm posts are...

I good to see your right on par with my posting.