My my what an entitled bunch we are

Lux

Who is we? Funny thing about fans is..we really don't have control over sh#t. We pay our taxes by purchasing tickets and merch...but we have zero say in anything. So how did "we do this"?

With that said...Nothing we can do but bitch and wait until things get better. We should know this by now. Most of us do. We're just still bitching and waiting though. But that's life...

• Fire 3

Who is we? Funny thing about fans is..we really don't have control over sh#t. We pay our taxes by purchasing tickets and merch...but we have zero say in anything. So how did "we do this"?

Why is there a new thread about how much pull the fans have on the program?

I slept through the game this last week. Did the score shock me when I awoke? Absolutely not. We were one Heisman running back play from losing to Mcneese state last year. This is not the coaching staffs fault. This is not anything new to this team in recent years. My old ball coach used to say it takes a little luck, and Pelini had some luck to hit those 9 wins, i.e Mcneese, Northwestern Hail Mary, Pulling it out against MSU in the final drive come to mind. Last year could have easily went this poorly.

I just have to laugh at myself and our fan base. We did this. Really, we made our bed. Look in the mirror the problem is us. What an entitled bunch we are.

Riley is here another year so shut up. Thats the bottom line. It hurts doesnt it? Sell your tickets, quit watching, do what you have to do for the next couple years and we will see you when Obrian and the Twins are stomping ass. Herman who inherited a very very VERY ripe Houston program(the last 10+ years) isnt going to come in and do any better, A matter of fact, Im convinved Danny L. has forgotten more about football than Herman knows, And Im serious. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Is there much to look forward to next year? No. The year following? I doubt it. Year 4 and 5? I think so. Tuck that lip in, quit the bitching, and wait. Good things come to those who wait. In the world of instant gratification makes it difficult, I know.

To the Owner of this Forum: I would like to see a limit on starting to topics so we dont get so many negative posts out of left field from knee jerkers. It doesnt help an online forum and it doesnt help the team. Even Shaggy Texas has this rule. Install it.

Good Day Gentlemen

Thank you.

I agree that I think some of the excessive complaining and "bitching" should probably be toned down, but, fans have every right to be upset if their team has a 3-6 losing record. Does that give them a free pass to say what they want? In my opinion, no. But, they should still be able to voice their displeasure.

Furthermore, let's not pretend this is all on a former coach and the players he left behind. Coaches and talent go hand-in-hand, in the good times and the bad. Coaches put players in positions to be successful, and I can think of several times this year our coaches didn't do that.

There are a lot of moving parts here.

• Fire 1

I slept through the game this last week.

Looks like you slept through maybe more than just last weeks game. Looks like you might have missed entire seasons, possibly part of junior high school too.

Yeah we are supposed to listen to someone who starts out with "I slept through the game this last week". :confucius

• Fire 2

Why is there a new thread about how much pull the fans have on the program?

The article in that thread points out how recruits commit to our program because our fans show up to games no matter what and care....completely different