My my what an entitled bunch we are

Lux

If you guys can't see the harm you are doing to this program right now, then there is seriously no hope for Nebraska football.

Did you call for Pelini to be fired?

not until he gave up 408 yards in 3 quarters, in his 7th season. Which by the way was after, he told the fans to F off, as well as dare his boss to fire him, among many other "endearing" things he did. All the while the entire country knew he was going to be fired, it was only a matter of when, not if. But I'm guessing you can't see the difference between the two and call me hypocritical anyways.

No, I don't see the difference. Because NU just got lit up by an awful team and the entire country thinks it's a matter of when, and not if, with Riley.

Your entitlement is just odd because you want better than .700 but are fine with .333.

• Fire 1

What is happening on the board now is the same thing that happened with Polo. Every single thread is being hijacked with the same crap. The only difference, there are about 10 Polo's now instead of 1. I don't mind if someone voices there opinion but it doesn't have to be the same opinion in every single thread. It is like clockwork, a thread gets made and then someone takes a jab at Riley, then it moves on to SE and finally ends with Perlman.

Yep. Keeping OP's on topic at least to not allow diversion to anti MR or SE is really needed. Here. Now. JMO.

Sticky a complain about coaches thread. All of it goes there. Any reader knows where to go to read it.

If you guys can't see the harm you are doing to this program right now, then there is seriously no hope for Nebraska football.

Did you call for Pelini to be fired?

That's the dumbest question I've ever seen you ask! The answer is obvious. He also called for Solich to be fired and absolutely loved that dreamy Beau-Bridges-Looking Callahan guy!

I read the OP and that was it. Just wanted to share this thought. Coach Riley is in his 60's, 62 I believe. The OP suggests that in 5 years when he is 67 is when we are going to see the investment in his hire start to pay off.

So if he honestly got 5 years to completely change this team to a pro style and had allllll of HIS players in, we would get what 2 years out of him before he hangs it up? That's a cruel joke.

Really it's even funnier the OP thinks we could endure another 3,4 or 5 win season without firing him. I don't doubt for a second he is retained even if we finish 3-9. But if we have another losing record in 2016, he is gone.

• Fire 1

I slept through the game this last week.

I stopped reading after that as I knew everything that came after would be invalid since you didn't watch the game. Purdue was up 42-16 going into the fourth. If you'd watched most of the game and shut it off with 12:00 left in the fourth, you would have murdered Eichorst and Riley yourself. The game was nowhere near as close as the final score indicated. Not at all.

I also laugh my ass off at anyone who chastises a fan base as being "entitled" because we dare complain about a 3-6 record. You have to have pretty low self-esteem to think you are being unreasonable for demanding better than 3-6 as a fan.

• Fire 2

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-fans-dont-know-their-own-strength

I urge those who will be in Memorial Stadium to heed the words of this recruit’s parent when they say, “Bottom line: Husker fans and the support they bring does and will impact recruiting.” - See more at: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-fans-dont-know-their-own-strength#sthash.iEgWIWob.75gsgcqa.dpuf

Recruits families are watching and listening, some are even on this board, but continue tearing down the program you love.

If a recruit's family is influencing their child's next 4 - 5 years based on anonymous message board posting, then I question the parental guidance being provided to their child. You know what impacts recruiting, getting your doors blown off by 1-6 Purdue. Wait until Michigan State comes in and embarrasses this squad in Memorial on national television. But you are right, anonymous message board posting is way a bigger determent to the program than losing 9 games this season and missing a bowl. Thanks for sage advice Soup.

Luck was hardly always on Bo's side. There were close losses to go with the close wins, our injuries to go with opposition injuries(for example TM getting injured changed '10 and '13). Plus sometimes folks use revisionist history. Like the McNeese game, we certainly played lousy but the score was tied when AA made his great play, if we get stopped that drive the game likely goes to OT. Quit saying we lose if he doesn't make the play when factually we may have lost if he didn't make the play.

In any case close games GENERALLY get down to making or not making plays rather than luck. We dropped two game-winning passes last year, one of those kamp grabs nine times out of ten, but that is still a matter of not making plays. Against Iowa and McNeese we did make plays. 9-3 was the record we earned for better or worse. This year we've certainly had bad luck on the injury front. Of course this team is better than their record. At the same time we had enough talent to win each game and just didn't play well enough to quite finish the job. On the negative we just haven't played well enough when it mattered to win games, on the positive if we get a little better we can produce a considerably better record in the future.

Another 'real fans' thread. Nice. With all that he forgot, Danny L. also forgot how to coach and call plays for a football team, too. Nebraska football is a national laughingstock, and we're pissed about it. DEAL WITH IT.

You guys who are so over the top outraged about the state of the program are NOT helping. That is the point. You just can't seem to realize and acknowledge that the program is in the dumpster and Mike Riley didn't put it there. It was already there but you couldn't see it. A couple lucky wins here and there throughout the Pelinia era and several lucky wins in the Solich and Callahan eras as well. The program must be rebuilt from the foundation up. Now we can argue about the process and the whos and what fors of that process but simply attempting to live in the past and forgetting about the future won't help at all. Bashing the program won't attract recruits.

Why do all you Bolievers insist on trashing the current program. Bo is gone and he is NEVER, EVER, EVER coming back. Almost NOBODY but you handful of posters on this board (likely the same ones on the other sites as well) want Bo back. That is simply not happening. It is history. There is a better chance of Tom Osborne coaching again than Bo or Frank. Please. Stop with the Bo crap. Offer something positive instead of just bashing everyone associated with the program.

• Fire 1

Another 'real fans' thread. Nice. With all that he forgot, Danny L. also forgot how to coach and call plays for a football team, too. Nebraska football is a national laughingstock, and we're pissed about it. DEAL WITH IT.

You guys who are so over the top outraged about the state of the program are NOT helping. That is the point. You just can't seem to realize and acknowledge that the program is in the dumpster and Mike Riley didn't put it there. It was already there but you couldn't see it. A couple lucky wins here and there throughout the Pelinia era and several lucky wins in the Solich and Callahan eras as well. The program must be rebuilt from the foundation up. Now we can argue about the process and the whos and what fors of that process but simply attempting to live in the past and forgetting about the future won't help at all. Bashing the program won't attract recruits.

Why do all you Bolievers insist on trashing the current program. Bo is gone and he is NEVER, EVER, EVER coming back. Almost NOBODY but you handful of posters on this board (likely the same ones on the other sites as well) want Bo back. That is simply not happening. It is history. There is a better chance of Tom Osborne coaching again than Bo or Frank. Please. Stop with the Bo crap. Offer something positive instead of just bashing everyone associated with the program.

Thank god he is not coming back!

My question is...was there a coach that SE could have hired that would be doing a better job thatn Riley?

Just because Riley is a bad coach does not mean Bo was a good one. I'm not a Boliever by any means (check my recent posts), and I think Riley is terrible for this job. The program had some flaws before Riley stepped on campus, no doubt, but he made it worse. This staff has lost 3 games single-handedly with bad coaching decisions (BYU, Illinois, and Wisconsin). I would add Purdue to that list insofar as we did not try to run the ball despite having our backup QB and going against the worst rush D in the conference.

Riley drove a faltering program into the ground.

• Fire 1

Thank god he is not coming back!

My question is...was there a coach that SE could have hired that would be doing a better job thatn Riley?

The answer to that is yes, there is always SOMEONE better out there. Could Nebraska have gotten them? Were they even available? Does it even matter, because you can't change the past? So, why keep bringing it all up? Riley is our coach at the University of Nebraska, at least through next season. Let's save all of the banter back and forth about who we should hire until AFTER the coach is fired. It does the program absolutely no good for fans to be undermining what is trying to happen right now at Nebraska. Whether you like it or not, changes are being made within the culture of the program. (they maybe good, they maybe bad).

All of us so called Riley supporters are actually along the lines of Nebraska supporters. We want the program to be as successful as everyone does, including yourself. The difference is, we can see that there are some deep problems within Nebraska football right now, and we are more than willing to give the current administration and coaches a little bit of a chance to correct the challenges. NOW, If it doesn't start to show improvement by this time next year, then by all means let's have these conversations. Until then, you guys are doing nothing but putting roadblocks up for the guys to try and fix the problems that exist.

• Fire 2