My my what an entitled bunch we are

Lux

If you guys can't see the harm you are doing to this program right now, then there is seriously no hope for Nebraska football.

I forgot how we make the hiring and firing decisions.....give me a freaking break the fans are the one thing that's holding this program together.

The "fans" are trying to burn the whole place down. Again, if you can't see the extreme negative effects of firing a 1st year coach, then I'm at a loss for words.

MR is a coach? He doesn't look like a coach, and neither does his team.

If you guys can't see the harm you are doing to this program right now, then there is seriously no hope for Nebraska football.

I forgot how we make the hiring and firing decisions.....give me a freaking break the fans are the one thing that's holding this program together.

The "fans" are trying to burn the whole place down. Again, if you can't see the extreme negative effects of firing a 1st year coach, then I'm at a loss for words.

Listen all knowing seer of all things Husker future. What does a second season of 3 or 4 wins do for our future?

I don't know what the right course of action is, but I do think it should start with removing the person who made a senior executive level hire with no input from anyone else and without talking to any other candidates.

Let a new AD decide the future of this program.

and you know this, how? Buddy in the AD, or are you an upper level executive within Nebraska?

I think the OP is the church lady.

Guy with 123 posts barking orders to ETR.

Lol

All about post count isn't it?

There's been an extensive amount of people with posts lower than ~250 (even ~100) coming on this board, spouting a bunch of nonsense and riling up people for no good reason. Naturally, it's common for people to be critical of this type of behavior.

Not singling out OP in regards to this. Simply saying the post count and reputation count is meant to show which posters have been here longest and have the most respect.

Well pardon f'n me. I've been watching this game and team for a long damn time. Maybe I should hang out in an "official game day thread" and get my f'n post count up to whatever is respectable you fine fellow's.

And you must be Shawn. If you can't see how bad of a coaching hire this was then I'm at a loss for words. Also for your effects of firing a first year coach, how do you know it'll be all that bad? There's no evidence that says firing a first year coach destroys a program. Sometimes it's better to end a bad marriage early, than to waste your time trying to stick it out another year.

Guy with 123 posts barking orders to ETR.

Lol

All about post count isn't it?

There's been an extensive amount of people with posts lower than ~250 (even ~100) coming on this board, spouting a bunch of nonsense and riling up people for no good reason. Naturally, it's common for people to be critical of this type of behavior.

Not singling out OP in regards to this. Simply saying the post count and reputation count is meant to show which posters have been here longest and have the most respect.

I watch the join date. Half the dipshitted posts and threads on this board are started or kept afloat by accounts with September and October join dates.

I slept through the game this last week. Did the score shock me when I awoke? Absolutely not. We were one Heisman running back play from losing to Mcneese state last year. This is not the coaching staffs fault. This is not anything new to this team in recent years. My old ball coach used to say it takes a little luck, and Pelini had some luck to hit those 9 wins, i.e Mcneese, Northwestern Hail Mary, Pulling it out against MSU in the final drive come to mind. Last year could have easily went this poorly.

I just have to laugh at myself and our fan base. We did this. Really, we made our bed. Look in the mirror the problem is us. What an entitled bunch we are.

Riley is here another year so shut up. Thats the bottom line. It hurts doesnt it? Sell your tickets, quit watching, do what you have to do for the next couple years and we will see you when Obrian and the Twins are stomping ass. Herman who inherited a very very VERY ripe Houston program(the last 10+ years) isnt going to come in and do any better, A matter of fact, Im convinved Danny L. has forgotten more about football than Herman knows, And Im serious. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Is there much to look forward to next year? No. The year following? I doubt it. Year 4 and 5? I think so. Tuck that lip in, quit the bitching, and wait. Good things come to those who wait. In the world of instant gratification makes it difficult, I know.

To the Owner of this Forum: I would like to see a limit on starting to topics so we dont get so many negative posts out of left field from knee jerkers. It doesnt help an online forum and it doesnt help the team. Even Shaggy Texas has this rule. Install it.

Good Day Gentlemen

I love it when some holier-than-thou's feel that they know what effect that anything has on anything. Any proof of any of this, or are you showing disagreement by use of conjured outcomes? What proof does anyone have that pissed off fans have any bearing on anything? I think most logical people understand why many NU fans are pissed and are reacting to a 3-6 season and losing to the likes of Purdue. There is no one proper way for fans to cope with all of this, unless your Doctorate in Behavioral Psychology and defended dissertation has proven otherwise? I would like to read it.

A-men. So, we fire this 1st year staff. What do we do if our record and progress is similar to this year with next year's coaches? Do we fire the next staff? Why not?

We've already set a precedence by firing this staff after one year..

Agree with the extreme negative effects of firing a 1st year coach and I've been at a loss of words for a month now. Since that is when that crazy talk started to surface.

• Fire 4

The fans are trying to burn this place down? The fans are the only reason this place still exists. No other fan base in the country would support their team through all the garbage this administration has subjected the state to over the past 12 years. Of course we have some bad fans, nobody has ever argued otherwise. But the devotion of the fans is this program's greatest asset, an asset that is being abused and taken for granted by a group of incompetent, arrogant a$$hole$ who've made horrendous decisions at almost every opportunity this century. Instead of your sanctimonious self-loathing, get mad at the people actually making these damaging decisions, as they're the ones being paid millions of dollars every year and driving this place into the ground in the process.

• Fire 2

I slept through the game this last week.

Looks like you slept through maybe more than just last weeks game. Looks like you might have missed entire seasons, possibly part of junior high school too.
Rip Van Winkle has finally awoken? With this story who cares about Nebraska football anymore.
  • Fire 1

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-fans-dont-know-their-own-strength

I urge those who will be in Memorial Stadium to heed the words of this recruit’s parent when they say, “Bottom line: Husker fans and the support they bring does and will impact recruiting.” - See more at: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-fans-dont-know-their-own-strength#sthash.iEgWIWob.75gsgcqa.dpuf

Recruits families are watching and listening, some are even on this board, but continue tearing down the program you love.

I can handle losing games. But that isn't the only thing that is happening here.

We are playing like a 1-AA team.

This group of players CAN be better than they are now.

Most of this group of players HAS BEEN better than they are now.

That much isn't up for debate. Play, scheme, intensity, toughness, conditioning are all lacking on the field. This is NOT the best this group of players can be and that is why I am so pissed.