College Football Playoff Rankings

Mavric

Looking like we can wrap this one up with the way rivalry week shook out.

1-Clemson (should handle North Carolina in the ACC title game)

2-Alabama (will slaughter a hapless Florida who scored a measely 2 points on on defense against FSU)

3-Oklahoma (Could score 80 on Okie State before the Bedlam game ends tonight)

4-Iowa or Michigan State (Winner gets in no matter what at this point)

The rest on the bubble, my guess

5-Ohio State

6-Stanford (could move up with win over USC)

7-Florida State

Looking like we can wrap this one up with the way rivalry week shook out.

1-Clemson (should handle North Carolina in the ACC title game)

2-Alabama (will slaughter a hapless Florida who scored a measely 2 points on on defense against FSU)

3-Oklahoma (Could score 80 on Okie State before the Bedlam game ends tonight)

4-Iowa or Michigan State (Winner gets in no matter what at this point)

The rest on the bubble, my guess

5-Ohio State

6-Stanford (could move up with win over USC)

7-Florida State

That's probably the scenario. Ohio State made a good case to be the next in line.

Clemson and Alabama still have to win, though. Alabama is probably a ten point favorite. Clemson is more interesting. Hard to gauge how good UNC really is, but they're the wild card. If they did win decisively, are they in above others on that list?

I can see the possibility, though I have no idea of how likely, of Ohio State replacing Bama (in the event they lost) and UNC replacing Clemson (in the event UNC won).

If UNC beat Clemson convincingly, I still don't know if the committee shows them too much love. I mean it is possible for sure, just kinda crazy they are even in the hunt.

On the one hand, they have a ridiculously weak schedule. On the other, they'd be a conference champ. Which message would the committee like to emphasize more? Interesting scenario.

Really the only possible chaos is Clemson losing. Alabama is a 17 favorite over a terrible Florida team. OU and B1G winner are locks. If UNC beats Clemson how would the committee choose between UNC, OSU and maybe Stanford?

UNC -

+ win over #1 Clemson, ACC champ

- 2 FCS wins, loss to 3-9 SCar team

OSU

+ win over ranked Mich, no FCS, close loss to playoff team MSU (assuming they beat Iowa) in terrible weather, subjective "eye test" over UNC & Stanford - would be easily favored by Vegas

- only 1 quality win, loss is late in season, not a conference champ, would committee put two teams from same conf in and leave 2 conf out?

Stanford (assuming they beat USC)

+ wins over ranked teams - USC(?), ND, any others?, PAC Champ

- 2 LOSSES, loss to middle B1G team

The committee's job is to put the best 4 teams in and are they comfortable saying UNC or Stanford is better than OSU? Would they want Alabama playing UNC or OSU in round 1? Bama beats UNC by 21+.

I think they would take the easy road and put in the conf champ from ACC or PAC. Things fell into place for OSU last year and just not sure it will happen again this year. It would be something tho if the same thing happened and OSU snuck in and won it again.

• Fire 1

Really the only possible chaos is Clemson losing. Alabama is a 17 favorite over a terrible Florida team. OU and B1G winner are locks. If UNC beats Clemson how would the committee choose between UNC, OSU and maybe Stanford?

UNC -

+ win over #1 Clemson, ACC champ

- 2 FCS wins, loss to 3-9 SCar team

It just isn't that chaotic to me. You have to go with the team that just beat the #1 team in the country. I don't care if the ACC sucks. If NC sucks, they'll lose in the first round. They deserve a chance to prove themselves worthy after beating Clemson and having only 1 loss. We already know what happens when OSU plays MSU. If the loss had been in the first few weeks of the season I'd say let them in and try to do it again, but it was last week.

1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Oklahoma
4) Iowa
5) Michigan State
6) Ohio State
7) Stanford
8) Notre Dame
9) Florida State
10) North Carolina
11) TCU
12) Baylor
13) Ole Miss
14) Northwestern
15) Michigan
16) Oregon
17) Oklahoma State
18) Florida
19) Houston
20) USC
21) LSU
22) Temple
23) Navy
24) Utah
25) Tennessee

Rankings on DEC 1
Plus the movement since the Initial Rankings on NOV 3 (shown in parenthesis)

1) Clemson
2) Alabama (moved up from 4)
3) Oklahoma (up from 15)
4) Iowa (up from 9)
5) Michigan State (up from 7)
6) Ohio State (down from 3)
7) Stanford (up from 11)
8) Notre Dame (down from 5)
9) Florida State (up from 16)
10) North Carolina (up from unranked)
11) TCU (down from 8)
12) Baylor (down from 6)
13) Ole Miss (up from 18)
14) Northwestern (up from 21)
15) Michigan (up from 17)
16) Oregon (up from unranked)
17) Oklahoma State (down from 14)
18) Florida (down from 10)
19) Houston (up from 25)
20) USC (up from unranked)
21) LSU (hahaha from #2. Suck it)
22) Temple (remained here)
23) Navy (up from the unranks)
24) Utah (down from 12)
25) Tennessee (up from the unranks)

OUT:
Memphis (out from 13)
Texas A&M (out from 19)
Mississippi State (out from 20)
Northwestern (out from 21)
UCLA (out from 23)
Toledo (out from 24)

• Fire 1

I don't have major qualms with the top 4, but I wish the order of the top 4 was changed. I really think Alabama and OU are the two best teams at the moment. If we're going to the effort of seeding, I'd rather see them play in the championship. Maybe the committee just really likes Clemson, but I feel their record is affecting the order too much. I'm not sure they're even better than Ohio St, but that's a close argument either way.

If Nebraska isn't in the top 4, I don't really care who competes for the championship. So long as no team from the SEC wins it.

How sweet would it be if Florida beat Bama and no SEC teams got in? That would be a f'ing awesome Christmas present

• Fire 2

If Nebraska isn't in the top 4, I don't really care who competes for the championship. So long as no team from the SEC wins it.

How sweet would it be if Florida beat Bama and no SEC teams got in? That would be a f'ing awesome Christmas present

I would totally be okay with this.

On a side note: I was listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning on the way into work. Greenberg said that while the SEC isn't as dominant this year as in years past, they are still the best conference.

What a joke.

• Fire 1