Illinois up 41-7.....

huskerfan92

I know this is a who cares topic, but we beat it death for the last week

Illinois is at Purdue and beating them like a drum 41-7 with about 11:44 to go in the fourth quarter.

Illinois rushing stats: 31 carries 324 yards, 10.5 per carry. Even the announcer commented that Illinois just keeps running the power stuff at them.

they didn't have a red-shirt freshman QB they could put in and ask him to throw it 50 times?

• Fire 1

Illinois is at Purdue and beating them like a drum 41-7 with about 11:44 to go in the fourth quarter.

Illinois rushing stats: 31 carries 324 yards, 10.5 per carry. Even the announcer commented that Illinois just keeps running the power stuff at them.

they didn't have a red-shirt freshman QB they could put in and ask him to throw it 50 times?

Hmm... Cubit for head coach!

Hmm... Cubit for head coach!

It would be an upgrade.

Purdue's run defense was and probably still is last in the conference in rush defense. Mind-boggling (but not surprising) that our game plan wasn't adjusted to reflect that.

I guess that's what we said for a week now, It appears Illinois knew this going in, watched the film, exploited it and will win easily.

Is the lack of a running game for Nebraska a matter of "can't" or "won't"

Purdue's run defense was and probably still is last in the conference in rush defense. Mind-boggling (but not surprising) that our game plan wasn't adjusted to reflect that.

I guess that's what we said for a week now, It appears Illinois knew this going in, watched the film, exploited it and will win easily.

Either?

From what I've seen this year, it's probably 65% won't and 35% can't, with a greater chance that it's even more won't than can't. We have the horses in the backfield to be able to run the ball effectively with TA, Ozigbo, that RB everybody wants to see, Newby, Cross, Janovich, etc... Our biggest issue is the guys up front, where another mind-boggling decision is to not rotate the starting linemen, which makes establishing and continuing a heavy run game difficult in the 4th quarter when the front 5/6 are gassed.

That's where my assessment of 65/35 comes from. We can't because our offensive line is gassed because they aren't getting rotated and are probably gassed.

I've been watching this entire game.

The stats from this game will tell you exactly where Nebraska is as a program.

I said it last week after the game, and I will say it again here...there was ZERO excuse for Nebraska to give up 55 points and the amount of yards that it did to that Purdue team.