Reilly out of bounds

Husker66

Here's how I see it: The defender isn't supposed to initiate contact with the receiver at all while he is running his route (except for a bump close to the line). Now every defender does that, but once you start having contact, who is to say how much is enough to force a guy out? It's like: How much contact with the kicker is considered roughing the kicker???...

I am surprised that it was reviewed (?) so quickly, so I guess someone saw something that looked like being forced out, so it is what it is. :dunno ... :thumbs

• Fire 2

Two things:

First, if the defender pushes a guy out of bounds can't he return? I know, I know, I heard Griese say the DB didn't push him out. But Griese was wrong. Go back and watch it.

Second, it sounds like some of the posters in this thread are disappointed, not just with the call, but with our win. Is this the case?

• Fire 2

And let's not forget how MSU was simulating our snap signal and it never got called that game. What goes around comes around.

what?

Don't recall if it was last year or the year before, but the MSU defense would clap their hands (which was our signal to snap the ball) to cause our center to snap it when the QB wasn't ready. Refs never called it. A couple of MSU defenders later admitted that was exactly what they were doing.

• Fire 2

And let's not forget how MSU was simulating our snap signal and it never got called that game. What goes around comes around.

Kinda what I was thinking.

This team has been owed a win like this after the horrid luck it has had this year. And given the incredible luck Sparty has had going its way, it was time for it to be on the other end of one.

• Fire 2

Here's how I see it: The defender isn't supposed to initiate contact with the receiver at all while he is running his route (except for a bump close to the line). Now every defender does that, but once you start having contact, who is to say how much is enough to force a guy out? It's like: How much contact with the kicker is considered roughing the kicker???...

I am surprised that it was reviewed (?) so quickly, so I guess someone saw something that looked like being forced out, so it is what it is. :dunno ... :thumbs

1. Defensive player is entitled to the real estate his standing on. He took a position to take away the sideline. He is allowed to do that. He did not use his arms to push BR out. It was a body position block and is totally legal.

2. The review was fast because the actual push isn't reviewable. Its a judgment call. It was a pointless review and the refs quickly realized they couldn't reverse the push part of the call

• Fire 1