Those of you that called out players for not playing hard or believing...

I'll admit to saying the heart was missing from this team for last couple of games.

Tonight , I saw mistakes that were not repeated. And so much heart and soul.

These kids deserved this one, and I'm glad the calls and the bounces went their way for once.

Let's hope they complete their schedule with three consecutive victories.

GO BIG RED !

I think its directed at the people who questioned the talent of our players as a way to blame Riley's struggles on Pelini Tonight showed that our players have the talent to beat a top ten team despite bad coaching. The players overcame both tonight bless them. Very proud of these kids.

why can't it be less talented players being coached up to bring the upset? Regardless, no troll battles tonight. I'm going to enjoy this win by the Huskers.

Because 1-6 Purdue just outcoached this staff a week ago.

You stop with your pesky facts!! Its only when we lose that the players lack talent and apparently aren't capable of being "coached up" to compete with the likes of the mighty Boilermakers. Riley had finally seen enough and this week decided to coach up this group of no talent slackers.

Our deal is were lacking talent at some very critical spots.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

These are the three most important positions on the field. Its why theyre usually the highest picked positions in evry nfl draft.

Were also lacking a solid man up corner that can take away half the field.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

These are the three most important positions on the field. Its why theyre usually the highest picked positions in evry nfl draft.

Then why are we running a defensive scheme(quarters) in which the two most important ingredients to be successful are solid man up corners and edge pressure? Did you see how much better the D played in Cover 2 last night when they used it. If they want to use the 1/4 scheme they need to get those players but in the meantime use a defense that plays to your strengths. Surely this is not the only system Banker knows

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

We would have beaten Illinois and Purdue if our coaching staff had committed to the run in sensible ways.

Both the Illinois and Wisconsin game came down to not executing three final downs in order to get into victory formation and run out the clock.

This team is very close to being 7-3 and having a chance to go to Indy. I don't think it has been a lack of effort by players that has taken us out contention for the West. But at this point, it is what it is. And we played a hell of a game last night that we'll watch highlights of for years to come...it was awesome. That's all that matters to me this morning.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

Then why are we running a defensive scheme(quarters) in which the two most important ingredients to be successful are solid man up corners and edge pressure? Did you see how much better the D played in Cover 2 last night when they used it. If they want to use the 1/4 scheme they need to get those players but in the meantime use a defense that plays to your strengths. Surely this is not the only system Banker knows
because thats what these coaches know. Its a simpler scheme but our personel doesnt fit it.

Would you rather have a hispanic teaching french to hispanic kids or would you rather have that hispanic teaching spanish to french kids?

And im not being a smartass here. I dont think either is wrong. But i also believe there has to be some middle ground. There has to be a degree of comfort for the coaches as well. They cant be 100% about teaching what they dont know for the players sake. There has to be a meet in the middle mindset on both sides. Otherwise nothin changes and their systems would never be implemented.

And to add to that - I think last night Riley showed us what we knew about him - that he can get his guys up for a big game. It's something that previous head coach rarely did.

I think it's why it hurts even more that we lost to Purdue, Wisconsin, and Illinois...Riley knows how to win as an underdog and probably is capable of beating Urban. But, we won't get a shot this season.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

We would have beaten Illinois and Purdue if our coaching staff had committed to the run in sensible ways.

Both the Illinois and Wisconsin game came down to not executing three final downs in order to get into victory formation and run out the clock.

This team is very close to being 7-3 and having a chance to go to Indy. I don't think it has been a lack of effort by players that has taken us out contention for the West. But at this point, it is what it is. And we played a hell of a game last night that we'll watch highlights of for years to come...it was awesome. That's all that matters to me this morning.

We all know we have very little depth at QB & DE. These positions need a lot more talent, but OL baffles me. If we can not run the ball, why not give someone else a shot. Last night, we moved Sterup to guard and everyone can see what that did.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

because thats what these coaches know. Its a simpler scheme but our personel doesnt fit it.

Would you rather have a hispanic teaching french to hispanic kids or would you rather have that hispanic teaching spanish to french kids?

And im not being a smartass here. I dont think either is wrong. But i also believe there has to be some middle ground. There has to be a degree of comfort for the coaches as well. They cant be 100% about teaching what they dont know for the players sake. There has to be a meet in the middle mindset on both sides. Otherwise nothin changes and their systems would never be implemented.

I think thats reasonable, but they did successfully implement Cover 2 last night and it worked fairly well. I dont think that middle ground has been used nearly enough.