Those of you that called out players for not playing hard or believing...

Our deal is were lacking talent at some very critical spots.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

These are the three most important positions on the field. Its why theyre usually the highest picked positions in evry nfl draft.

Were also lacking a solid man up corner that can take away half the field.

We would have beaten Illinois and Purdue if our coaching staff had committed to the run in sensible ways.

Both the Illinois and Wisconsin game came down to not executing three final downs in order to get into victory formation and run out the clock.

This team is very close to being 7-3 and having a chance to go to Indy. I don't think it has been a lack of effort by players that has taken us out contention for the West. But at this point, it is what it is. And we played a hell of a game last night that we'll watch highlights of for years to come...it was awesome. That's all that matters to me this morning.

We all know we have very little depth at QB & DE. These positions need a lot more talent, but OL baffles me. If we can not run the ball, why not give someone else a shot. Last night, we moved Sterup to guard and everyone can see what that did.
i was baffled at that move. But it didnt take ling for me to see the logic. Get him off the edge where he doesnt have to deal with these speed guys and get his big body inside where he can pin DOWN on guys and use his length to his advantage at the second level. Saw him make a lot of engagements at the second level where i dont know if a shorter guard couldve done so.

Here to eat my share of crow. They played hard last night and with a lot of passion. Now keep it going for the next two weeks.

I'll eat some crow too. But I still believe that that effort was lacking in earlier games (especially Purdue). Now, can we take this same level of play on the road next week?

Maybe the staff had a "come to Jesus meeting" with the team this week and that is why JS and MF left.

Here to eat my share of crow. They played hard last night and with a lot of passion. Now keep it going for the next two weeks.

why eat crow? I sure the hell aint. What happened last night doesnt change any narratives on the numerous issues. If anything, last night is just the cherry on top of the proof cake of what weve suspected.

Last night we beat a top ten team

7 days ago, Purdue

Kicked

Our

Ass

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

These are the three most important positions on the field. Its why theyre usually the highest picked positions in evry nfl draft.

I'll add this D would look much better if we had a LB like Darien Harris as well. Dude was all over the field last night for MSU.

A fit at qb

Legit edge pass rush

Oline

I'll add this D would look much better if we had a LB like Darien Harris as well. Dude was all over the field last night for MSU.

Yeah. You think he liked seeing that WR screen much. Dude was blowing those things up

I don't think there's anything to own up to, teachercd. I'm extremely proud of the team, but, don't pretend that one game completely negates the fact that at times this year players 1) didn't believe and 2) weren't playing hard.

Hell, Jordan Stevenson and Matt Finnin left the team. Prior to there departure, that's at least two players who were likely doubting the direction of the program and lacking faith in my opinion. I don't see a way to argue against that. We all had VERY valid reasons for questioning the mindset of this team prior to the MSU game, and their victory does not change the past.

Furthermore, I still personally stand by what even I said about Gerry and some other players in recent weeks. At times, in my opinion, it was pretty clear we had players giving up on plays and not putting in as much effort as they could.

Did they change that Saturday? Yes. Does that magically undo games like Purdue? No.

• Fire 2

why eat crow? I sure the hell aint. What happened last night doesnt change any narratives on the numerous issues. If anything, last night is just the cherry on top of the proof cake of what weve suspected.

7 days ago, Purdue

Kicked

Our

Ass

Which narrative are you talking about? The one where Riley's system is fundamentally flawed because of its propensity to lay eggs against awful teams while pulling off the occasional upset? If so, I agree.

If it's about talent and effort, I disagree. NU has it in spades and should be undefeated or a 1 loss team right now.

• Fire 1

I don't think there's anything to own up to, teachercd. I'm extremely proud of the team, but, don't pretend that one game completely negates the fact that at times this year players 1) didn't believe and 2) weren't playing hard.

Hell, Jordan Stevenson and Matt Finnin left the team. Prior to there departure, that's at least two players who were likely doubting the direction of the program and lacking faith in my opinion. I don't see a way to argue against that. We all had VERY valid reasons for questioning the mindset of this team prior to the MSU game, and their victory does not change the past.

Furthermore, I still personally stand by what even I said about Gerry and some other players in recent weeks. At times, in my opinion, it was pretty clear we had players giving up on plays and not putting in as much effort as they could.

Did they change that Saturday? Yes. Does that magically undo games like Purdue? No.

Where is your evidence of these "facts?

#2 is plausible, although if they were confused or were frustrated it might explain why they weren't playing hard, which would be understandable, but not necessarily justifiable.

#1 sounds like a continuation of the conspiracy theory

• Fire 1

7 days ago, Purdue

Kicked

Our

Ass

Which narrative are you talking about? The one where Riley's system is fundamentally flawed because of its propensity to lay eggs against awful teams while pulling off the occasional upset? If so, I agree.

If it's about talent and effort, I disagree. NU has it in spades and should be undefeated or a 1 loss team right now.

the narrative is that you frankly dont know jack sh#t about what youre talking about. I say to watch and think. You prove youre incapable. Over and over again.

The post above by guy chamberlain is so accurate and spot on.