Iowa up to #5 in the CFP rankings... can we beat Rutgers to set up a showdown?

Kernal

Didn't Alabama lose to Ole Miss at home?

edit: Oh yeah, and of course the Huskers can win against Rutgers. The real question is: will the coaches allow them to win against Rutgers?

It's sad that some people actually believe crap like this.

Have you watched the games this year?

Yes I have, every single one. The idea that the coaches "allow" the players to win is a ridiculous notion. The coaches want to win every bit as bad as the players and fans do. Do you really think they want to get fired and run out of town? That's not my idea of a good time and I doubt it is theirs.

edit: Oh yeah, and of course the Huskers can win against Rutgers. The real question is: will the coaches allow them to win against Rutgers?

I don't think he means it as them losing on purpose, but more as in bad play calling, clock management & player usage. The whole stadium about came down on Langsdorf after the 1st and goal starting on the 4yd line. The coaches need to get out of their comfort zone & play to their strengths not their comfort.

It's also very sad that some people have not been watching the games very closely. I am not going to go into all of the bad decision making that has cost us SEVERAL games this year. This fact is not even up for debate. With that being said, I'll take a close win to Rutgers!

Have you watched the games this year?

Have you? Player effort has been the issue lately, a combination of player issues and coaching mistakes early on. Coaching and player effort won the game last Saturday nite.

I think it's more than just this even. There are too many rumors about other team issues. I believe it is a combination of issues that leads us to where we are. It is simplistic to blame it all on a few game day decisions by the coaches. Have the coaches made errors? Or course, they are human. Every other coach in the country makes errors every game day because they're human also. Of course mistakes are ok when you are winning, but let those mistakes happen when we're losing and some fans go ballistic.

How much of a showdown is it, really, if one team comes in with at least 6 losses?

It's all about pride, man. It'll be huge.

Hell yeah it'll be huge. If Nebraska wins against Rutgers, and Iowa is still undefeated, I really like this team's chances against Iowa. Coming into the game at 5-6, one win will secure a bowl bid while simultaneously spoiling Iowa's undefeated season.

• Fire 1

I don't think he means it as them losing on purpose, but more as in bad play calling, clock management & player usage. The whole stadium about came down on Langsdorf after the 1st and goal starting on the 4yd line. The coaches need to get out of their comfort zone & play to their strengths not their comfort.

No it didn't. There were some appropriate groans and A very short chant to run the ball.

Then the fans got back in the game rooting on the team.

How much of a showdown is it, really, if one team comes in with at least 6 losses?

Hell yeah it'll be huge. If Nebraska wins against Rutgers, and Iowa is still undefeated, I really like this team's chances against Iowa. Coming into the game at 5-6, one win will secure a bowl bid while simultaneously spoiling Iowa's undefeated season.

Gotta take care of business with Rutgers. But if we do, the guys are gonna be jacked for top-5 Iowa.

Gotta take care of business with Rutgers. But if we do, the guys are gonna be jacked for top-5 Iowa.

Oh, I'm all for the pride factor, the winning to get into a bowl game, the spoiling Iowa's (and Sparty's) run at an undefeated season, all of that. Showdown is just not a word I would use for a 5-6 team vs. 11-0 team.

Yeah...5-6 vs 11-0 is not a showdown...

The only thing weird about that game will be that the line will be low low low low low low...applebottom jeans...boots with the fur

It won't be considered a showdown to Iowa. Until they're heading home with a loss. IMO this feels like 2010 Texas vs. Nebraska except we're Texas.

We beat an undefeated Iowa, to spoil their chances for the playoffs with them ranked #5 or higher is huge. It doesn't matter what NU is, it matters what Iowa is. You are delusional if beating an undefeated Iowa isn't a huge victory.

I will be the first to say that

a) after the season started, getting to a bowl and 6-6 (with a chance to go 7-6) is better than anyone would have expected

b) when was the last time an unranked NU knocked off two top 10 teams

c) it would be an excellent recruiting tool

d) send the deserving seniors out with some great wins

e) still wouldn't change my opinion about some of the staff (just being honest)

Yes. NU needs to win against Rutgers. (Not a gimmee by any stretch) Then NU needs to fire off on Iowa and send them crashing.

Yes. NU needs to win against Rutgers. (Not a gimmee by any stretch) Then NU needs to fire off on Iowa and send them crashing.

I think we have a better chance of beating Iowa than beating Rutgers. I'll be thrilled if we beat Rutgers. It just feels like a trap game (if such a thing exists for a team that's 4-6).