Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

So the largest comeback in school history was actually a blowout "loss" to tOSU. Because that would be putting lipstick on a pig.

Obviously you didn't actually read what I posted, because if you had, you would realize how silly this reply is.

It really isn't any sillier than calling the Purdue loss a blowout.

How about we just all settle on this - it was a blowout in the third quarter but the Huskers made it a close game at the end.

It's still a loss to a bad team the Huskers had no business losing, too.

There are far more important things to talk about then petty squabbling over what is and isn't a blowout.

Like your horrible grammar?

"losing, too" WTF?

:violin Grammatically there's nothing wrong with it depending on what my intent is.

Okay. I'm not a full-blown grammar nazi yet, I'm still just a grammar jugendbund.

Hey, shouldn't Nazi be capitalized? Since we're devolving into the minutia of tangential arguments here? :lol:

It's minutiae. :leghump:

• Fire 1

So the largest comeback in school history was actually a blowout "loss" to tOSU. Because that would be putting lipstick on a pig.

Obviously you didn't actually read what I posted, because if you had, you would realize how silly this reply is.

How about we just all settle on this - it was a blowout in the third quarter but the Huskers made it a close game at the end.

There are far more important things to talk about then petty squabbling over what is and isn't a blowout.

"losing, too" WTF?

:violin Grammatically there's nothing wrong with it depending on what my intent is.

Okay. I'm not a full-blown grammar nazi yet, I'm still just a grammar jugendbund.

Hey, shouldn't Nazi be capitalized? Since we're devolving into the minutia of tangential arguments here? :lol:

nazis are against capitalism

• Fire 3

"losing, too" WTF?

Well played

"losing, too" WTF?

giphy.gif

Christ if we lose Valentine too, Juco at DT makes sense. I'm not saying we go Ron Prince and sign 20 Jucos, but less Maurice, Williams health is questionable, then we are hoping Newell, Stolenberg, and the Davis twins are game ready.

If Riley wants to win and win now, scouring the Juco ranks is a way to get it done. DL, OL, DE, even QB could be upgraded with some proven Juco talent.

If!

So Bo Pelini can win 9-10 games a year with no talent, but Riley will need 1.5 years to get the talent needed to get passed 6 wins?

Any way you slice it, it's hard to get past this point.
It is if you ignore Ameer, Bell, Gregory and a healthy DPE. Otherwise, not so much.

Already posted way up at #26

Of all the people to point out a repetitive post.

• Fire 2

Good to see the peanut squad sh#t on another good thread.

I like how fans complained that the S&C department quit making testing numbers public and now that they are staring to do it again, it's nothing but a PR move by the AD.

TheSker, ColoradoHusk, Teachercd and GBRedneck. The new Polo and crew of HB. Turning every thread into sh#t since 2015

• Fire 6

I like how fans complained that the S&C department quit making testing numbers public and now that they are staring to do it again, it's nothing but a PR move by the AD.

TheSker, ColoradoHusk, Teachercd and GBRedneck. The new Polo and crew of HB. Turning every thread into sh#t since 2015

Can add in cm husker also. They sing the same tune in EVERY thread. Gets really old.
  • Fire 1

Christ if we lose Valentine too, Juco at DT makes sense. I'm not saying we go Ron Prince and sign 20 Jucos, but less Maurice, Williams health is questionable, then we are hoping Newell, Stolenberg, and the Davis twins are game ready.

If Riley wants to win and win now, scouring the Juco ranks is a way to get it done. DL, OL, DE, even QB could be upgraded with some proven Juco talent.

If!

Good point. It makes a lot more sense that Mike Riley wants to lose and lose now. That's why he took the job.

If!

Good point. It makes a lot more sense that Mike Riley wants to lose and lose now. That's why he took the job.

He is proficient at it.

1. I never complained about any of the stats being public or private

2. Riley is the best coach ever...he has done more with less...

• Fire 1