Congratulations Iowa

BoNeyard

Doubt any Iowa fans come here and see this, .

Actually, many of us do come in here to read all of the BS posted by all of the armchair coaches out there! I think that this year has proven that no longer you are the greatest fans. As proof was all of the applause while our guy was damn near knocked out on a cheap shot. Absolutely horrible. Might as well remove the sign. Bo Polini was right on! The weekly rants of firing everybody must be embarrassing to the real fans. Once again, maybe Bo was right.

If you want to see class, Ferentz benched one of his star players for a quarter for being LATE to a team meeting. It was not like a rape was committed at his house, he was just late to a freaking meeting!

Back when you were good, we had to hear about it. No longer. This program will not become what it was, ever.

That all said, there are a few of you (like many on this thread) that have it in perspective.

The guy that I really feel sorry for is Gangwish. What a class act that kid is. Any team of any kind would be better with a kid like that on it.

Good luck in your bowl game and we will see you in iowa city a year from now!

BTW, before you comment, please really think about what I have said.

Would you be so keen to make a rape accusation if your name were made public as well as this post?

It's amazing what people will say when they falsely believe they possess a shred of anonymity in an online message board...

Please read it again. I did not say that a rape was committed anywhere, just that being late to a meeting was "not like a rape was committed at his house"? Why so sensitive?

Nice attempt to save face, but you should probably learn the difference between actual crimes and alleged crimes. You knew very well what you referencing and saying.

Your words carry greater weight than you realize. I suggest treading very, very carefully.

• Fire 1

Hawkeye20whatever stufu, you won. You are here now to gloat, have fun. Our team happens to be in a transitional period while you guys finally have hit your stride and we still gave you a game. You act like the Hawkete's have been nationally relevant for the past ten years. Right...

Congrats son, well deserved. I hoped you guys shock the nation and win it all.

Seriously. B1G represent.

See you next year.

#GBR

To those saying nice things - thank you! It was a great crowd in Memorial Stadium this afternoon (although I am still trying to figure out if I have feet...). You defense really did a great job trying to keep you in the game. 2 Tommy bombs, 1 amazing defensive play and 1 ball thrown right into the chest of the defender were just a little too much to overcome. I sincerely hope that it won't be long until this game is for the West title more often than not. If the cards fall right and you get a bowl invite I think you will surprise your opponent.

f#*k Iowa. That was the worst top 5 team I've ever seen take to a football field. Conratulations for not f'ing up and losing to the worst edition the Huskers have offered up in 15 years. Great accomplishment I guess but dream time is over. Now Iowa will have to actually play football and it isn't looking promising. Prepare for them to get trucked in their next 2 games. At least you had that 12-0 thing, once.

[quote name=

Welcome to mediocrity ? Well thanks , you'd know , as Iowa is mediocrity defined. Oh wait, you're 12-0? -- and still getting no respect from the college football world !

Any real Iowa fan has to acknowledge that we are very fortunate to be where we are at. Some may even say lucky, and I cannot disagree. We do not ask for or even desire respect, especially yours. Where is the respect of your program? Look through these threads and you will see that Huskers themselves do not respect you team, coaches, or even other fans. That all said, we are 12 and 0 and you are not. Have a piece of humble pie with your leftover turkey!

The fact that your fans applauded our guy that was damn near knocked out by a cheap shot should embarrass each and every one of you. One again, Bo's rant may have been right on!

Hate us more while watching us playing for the Big 10 championship while your team is at home. In fact, ditto for our bowl game!

Why should we hate you..that would be like hating a poor gutter dog that for once found a mostly uneaten steak in a dumpster. He' still a gutter dog, and still trolls dumpsters, but good on him for getting a good meal. The Hawkeyes have a long, long, long, long way to go before their program is anything but one more date on the calendar to me. Hawkeye fans are quick to resort to "It's been 20 years since you won your last championship" and that does seem a long time...but not as long as "forever"....Keep your program relevant for 20 years Iowa...then I won't snicker when you try to talk your lame smack.

Point of fact...our program hasn't been relevant at any time since we joined the B1G and for quite a while before then. Don't embarrass yourself.

Shut up Donny.

Hawkeye20whatever stufu, you won. You are here now to gloat, have fun. Our team is sh#t yes we know, we are in a transitional period while you guys finally hit your stride. You act like the Hamkeyes have been nationally relevenat for the past ten years.Congrats son, well deserved. I hoped you guy shock the nation and win it all.Seriously. B1G represent.See you next year.#GBR

Point out where I have said anything but being surprised about our record. Pure and simple, there has been much luck involved (and a bunch of hard work). You are right in that it is fun to gloat a bit, as Nebraska is no longer a top tier team, and there fans are no longer "the greatest blah, blah, blah" I think that many threads on this forum will support that. I think that our chances are slight to win either championship.

Over and out, see you all next year!

Doubt any Iowa fans come here and see this, .

Actually, many of us do come in here to read all of the BS posted by all of the armchair coaches out there! I think that this year has proven that no longer you are the greatest fans. As proof was all of the applause while our guy was damn near knocked out on a cheap shot. Absolutely horrible. Might as well remove the sign. Bo Polini was right on! The weekly rants of firing everybody must be embarrassing to the real fans. Once again, maybe Bo was right.

If you want to see class, Ferentz benched one of his star players for a quarter for being LATE to a team meeting. It was not like a rape was committed at his house, he was just late to a freaking meeting!

Back when you were good, we had to hear about it. No longer. This program will not become what it was, ever.

That all said, there are a few of you (like many on this thread) that have it in perspective.

The guy that I really feel sorry for is Gangwish. What a class act that kid is. Any team of any kind would be better with a kid like that on it.

Good luck in your bowl game and we will see you in iowa city a year from now!

BTW, before you comment, please really think about what I have said.

If you seriously think the fans were applauding that he got hurt, then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Fire 1

Hawkeye20whatever stufu, you won. You are here now to gloat, have fun. Our team is sh#t yes we know, we are in a transitional period while you guys finally hit your stride. You act like the Hamkeyes have been nationally relevenat for the past ten years.Congrats son, well deserved. I hoped you guy shock the nation and win it all.Seriously. B1G represent.See you next year.#GBR

Point out where I have said anything but being surprised about our record. Pure and simple, there has been much luck involved (and a bunch of hard work). You are right in that it is fun to gloat a bit, as Nebraska is no longer a top tier team, and there fans are no longer "the greatest blah, blah, blah" I think that many threads on this forum will support that. I think that our chances are slight to win either championship.

Over and out, see you all next year!

I bet you are only 20 years old

Funny how quickly Iowa fans forget how bad they were... JUST LAST YEAR. This is their first season EVER reaching 10 and $!#@ing 0 let alone 12-0, and they act like a historical powerhouse. Ask ucf how 1 great season worked out for them. They better pray that Iowa wins at least 10 games next year, otherwise every other fan base will make sure that they know when they lose. Iowa fans are worse than Baylor fans.

I feel better now. Good night. :)

You guys need your AD to grow a pair and get Miles/Orgeron. His style is built for BoneG FB and will resurrect recruiting. He would love to stick it to Meechegan every year. Unless you get Drew Brees, west coast/spread/pass first/etc. does not work in November and will never work in the Big10. Ask Indiana and Rich Rod.

Non delusional Iowa fan here. Not our best Iowa team, but keeps winning. Would like to see this series develop into a great rivalry, will take some time. I am one that wanted to see Ferentz gone last year, BUT he did make changes that was VERY unlike him, ie dumping 2 yr starting QB (which is ONLY reason Iowa is 12-0). You just can not all of a sudden "learn" to read D's after 3 years, you either can read progressions quickly or you can't. Why Ruddock was awful (better now at Michigan with primary receivers that have talent to get wide sooner). Iowas receivers are less than desired, but Betheard is 100x better QB, arm/reads/extending plays.

Kind of plays into your QB situation now, TA can make some throws and reads vs. man coverage *MSU" style, but looked god awful vs. harder to read zones with all day to throw.

Hope for many good games to come NU v Iowa. Riley sux, get a new coaching staff.

You guys need your AD to grow a pair and get Miles/Orgeron. His style is built for BoneG FB and will resurrect recruiting. He would love to stick it to Meechegan every year. Unless you get Drew Brees, west coast/spread/pass first/etc. does not work in November and will never work in the Big10. Ask Indiana and Rich Rod.

Non delusional Iowa fan here. Not our best Iowa team, but keeps winning. Would like to see this series develop into a great rivalry, will take some time. I am one that wanted to see Ferentz gone last year, BUT he did make changes that was VERY unlike him, ie dumping 2 yr starting QB (which is ONLY reason Iowa is 12-0). You just can not all of a sudden "learn" to read D's after 3 years, you either can read progressions quickly or you can't. Why Ruddock was awful (better now at Michigan with primary receivers that have talent to get wide sooner). Iowas receivers are less than desired, but Betheard is 100x better QB, arm/reads/extending plays.

Kind of plays into your QB situation now, TA can make some throws and reads vs. man coverage *MSU" style, but looked god awful vs. harder to read zones with all day to throw.

Hope for many good games to come NU v Iowa. Riley sux, get a new coaching staff.

Thank you for being decent. I couldn't believe Ferentz started Ruddock last season over Beathard considering Beathard was the better QB every time he stepped on the field, no matter how brief it was. This coaching staff has no idea how to use TA, he doesn't "fit" the offense they want to run so they are trying to make him drop back and throw the ball 40 times a game, he's not that guy. He can hurt you with his feet and is decent at short and intermediate throws, that's it. He probably doesn't start next year with the new recruit coming in at QB, but only time will tell if that happens or not. Congrats to Iowa, whether they've got a "weak" schedule or not doesn't matter. You win your games, good things happen when you're in a P5 conference. Good luck in Indy, personally I'll be cheering for you guys to win from here on out since I've lived in Iowa my entire life. Nothing special with Iowa, just sound football with no mistakes for the most part.