Should the Huskers - at 5-7 - Accept a Bowl Invite

ladyhawke

Bowl Game at 5-7?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I understand the extra practice reason for accepting a bowl invite it just feels weird to play in a game that you didn't earn. It was always a matter of pride to win at least 6 games and earn the right to be in a bowl game. To just invite us to one because there are spots to fill just seems to diminish the honor of going to a bowl game.

No thank you. No bowl deserved.

Like I said, go take that to another thread. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/77697-should-the-huskers-accept-a-bowl-game

This link doesn't work.

Yeah, I didn't realize they were going to merge the damn threads. I was hoping to keep those different topics separate. No chance of this thread being what I was looking for now. I give up.

No thank you. No bowl deserved.

Like I said, go take that to another thread. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/77697-should-the-huskers-accept-a-bowl-game

This link doesn't work.

Yeah, I didn't realize they were going to merge the damn threads. I was hoping to keep those different topics separate. No chance of this thread being what I was looking for now. I give up.

Yep, VA Husker Fan you got screwed, I was hoping for a thread about the logistical possibilities. Not a "yes/no and why" thread about accepting a bowl game. These are two different "Topics" yes topics plural. I realize it would have been hard to keep the thread on the rails, but an attempt at it was admirable too bad you didn't get a chance.

Kudos to you and huKSer for providing the type of info I was looking for.

Why the hell were these 2 threads merged? One of them was about whether we should accept a bowl invite/deserve to go to a bowl game/how bad the bowl system is if they let in a 5-7 team. The one with the current OP is not about those things at all. It's about our chances at getting into a bowl. He specifically asked that this not turn into a bitching thread and the merging of the two topics automatically turns it into that:

OP: "Look, I know at 5-7 we don't deserve a bowl. But let's not discuss that here, nor how the whole bowl system should be overhauled. Please, keep it on track. And don't whine if I call you out for getting off track with the same old arguments."

Can we please unmerge the threads (or lock this one and start over) so we can actually talk about what the OP wants to talk about? And what some of the rest of us also were interested in talking about?

• Fire 2

Why the hell were these 2 threads merged? One of them was about whether we should accept a bowl invite/deserve to go to a bowl game/how bad the bowl system is if they let in a 5-7 team. The one with the current OP is not about those things at all. It's about our chances at getting into a bowl. He specifically asked that this not turn into a bitching thread and the merging of the two topics automatically turns it into that:

OP: "Look, I know at 5-7 we don't deserve a bowl. But let's not discuss that here, nor how the whole bowl system should be overhauled. Please, keep it on track. And don't whine if I call you out for getting off track with the same old arguments."

Can we please unmerge the threads (or lock this one and start over) so we can actually talk about what the OP wants to talk about? And what some of the rest of us also were interested in talking about?

IKR?! That's what I said.